User Tag List

First 23456 Last

MBTI
    ISTP

Gun/other weapon shops, especially when I'm buying things. (I like knives)
    I-95%, S-84%, T-89%, P-84%

MBTI
    INTP

Sex shops are pretty much the only ones that make me uncomfortable.

MBTI
    N358

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
    However, I can't tell if it is supposed to be pronounced Deevah or Dehvah?
    Ehheheh devah

Curlin' deh greese offa mah dreadlocks now mon

If any particular type of store makes me anxious, well, none really. Long lines..That is a different story. Being stuffed into a tight space like cattle all for the purpose of waiting. Waiting to pay for something, no less. Gah.

I mean eh..Mooo! *beep* *chaching* MOOOO! *beep* *chaching*. Etc. :steam:

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Any clothing store that caters to tiny women. I always feel like they're looking me up and down and thinking "what's she doing here? we don't sell her size"

Often I think this problem I sometimes have with what people are thinking about me is a form of narcissism, though. In truth, probably nobody even notices (which is definitely how I prefer it). Although I definitely think catty things about people sometimes, so... oh well.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Any clothing store that caters to tiny women. I always feel like they're looking me up and down and thinking "what's she doing here? we don't sell her size"
    YES. That's one of the reasons I hate shopping. Everyone is judging me in my mind.

I really hate clothing stores where they pay a lot of attention to you as well. When I was searching for a fancy dress, I had a few in my hand, and this overbearing woman came over and took them out of my hand and said that she'd start a dressing room for me.

When I was done searching and walking towards the dressing room she said, "Okay. Just wait a moment, and I'll be back to help you get dressed." Help me get dressed!?! I tried on those dresses so fast while she was gone, just because I didn't want her to return and rip open the curtain and start fussing around with me. I've dressed myself for a few years now. I think I've got the hang of it.

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

I hate shopping. Hate, hate, hate it. When I have to try on clothes I always leave feeling like a fat blob so I avoid shopping whenever possible.

I had to pick up a few items for work the other day so after we saw a movie I begged my friend to come to Nordstrom's with me because I went out looking like a slob and figured if I wasn't alone they wouldn't notice.

Shopping sucks.
    Time is a delicate mistress.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4

I feel uncomfortable walking into any stores, but especially the ones with really loud music or a reputation for being really expensive. I always feel like the clerks are looking at me and my clothes and thinking, "She can't afford anything here..."

MBTI
    ESFJ

I once tried on $5,000 Versace alligator shoes on in NYC dressed in a track suit that I'd been in for two days, and wearing Vans with dirty white socks. Threw the gators on right over the gym socks and walked around. So, no, I don't feel uncomfortable walking into any stores.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Any deserted store with overly attentive help. Any store that is crazy crowded making it hard to get to what I want to look at. Sometimes really loud music bothers me. And what is that teen/young adult clothing store with the weird front? The smell of it gags me as I walk by. It's horrible.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

And what is that teen/young adult clothing store with the weird front? The smell of it gags me as I walk by. It's horrible.
    Might that be Hollister? I was just going to mention it and Abercrombie. Both make me gag because the store smells too strongly of their fragrances and also, they look at me with this look of 'you aren't young, slim or cool enough to be here' and I barely get waited on.

I also dislike any really upscale women's clothing store because I don't feel slim or chic enough. Did I blow-dry my hair perfectly?

Another place I dread is very expensive furniture stores and showrooms. Heck, I'm a designer and I still hate them. So...very....snooty. Many years ago I remember walking into an Ethan Allen store and they have a hostess that sits near the door and greets people. When she asked what I wanted help with I said something like 'a fabric upholstered sofa' and when I told her my budget she promptly called over a salesperson and said 'this is Alicia, and she's looking for a sofa....but she's on a BUDGET.' My budget was really very generous but they still made me feel very inferior.

Recently I was in a fabric showroom (to the trade only) and the salesperson was talking about the various pricepoints (hate that term) and said something like 'and for those clients on a budget we have our lowest pricepoint fabric line where you might still find some interesting items' THis stuff was still over $40 a yard. Honestly that's one of the reasons I'm thinking of getting out of this business - snobbery and the catering to the wealthy while acting like they are above the masses. Got off on a tangent there!