User Tag List

First 123

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

- Wrapping myself in a blanket, drinking tea, and reading an "Economist" issue
    - Doing laundry while listening to podcasts (say what you will, but I find the smell of laundry very calming, and I find the usually empty dorm laundry room to be soothing and warm)
    - Cleaning (especially the type that involves getting rid of piles of clutter)
    - Writing out everything unresolved that's stressing me out in the form of a checklist, splitting the big worries into bite-sized pieces that are easier to tackle -- and then going through that checklist item by item, methodically killing my stressors
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

garbage

Among other things, getting less sleep at night so that I'm less restless throughout the day and can thus actually harness opportunities to relax helps.

Also, Ambien and Klonopin. But those are for insomnia and severe jaw tension, respectively. So less "relaxing" and more "getting rid of some side effects of severe restlessness."

Walks, soothing atmospheres, and even rigorous exercise barely work at all for me

MBTI
    IsFJ

Video game music (among other kinds), for a given definition of "relax".
    Tentative typing: ISFJ 6w5 or 9w1 (Sp/S[?]).

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Sitting in a warm room, casually doing homework with Law and Order: SVU playing the background.

It reminds me of home *snuhggle*

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by metalmommy View Post
    Music
    Driving
    Phenomenal sex

Um...I do miss pot tho...that did a pretty good job, too
    For me those arent relaxing, they are part of my loves in life.
    Im out, its been fun

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    music or a good movie is the only real thing that can relax me; for anything else I have an attention span of 3 seconds and even after an intensely long work day I dont sleep in bed cause I still need to read up on things on the laptop. Its good that my gf is a SP, otherwise I barely now people who can keep up with my energy levels
    lol, my friend was suprised when after a long day at work I had no problems with grabbing some groceries, going out, working on things around the house, and just doing things. She was used to those men that come home, want to relax, have a hot meal, watch TV, and be catered to. I love eating and unless your gonna sit next to me and possibly chat and stuff or snuggle up close to me, TV after work bores me.

edit: its funny because my ex and my mom thought I was "lazy" because of the things I "didnt" do. LMAO. Well...they live and they learn. I guess thats what happens when you live with Js who "label" you based on how they feel about certain things you do or dont do and not all of who you are. To this day my dad(IJ) dad makes the comment...sometimes you need to put your foot down and say no(because he wants me to)...while another who has known me for years had made the comment to me "holy crap I have never seen you like that" as I became extremely stern and firm with my son because he did something I didnt approve of. Depending on how I feel I may put my foot down for my dad, redirect my son, or just not give a damn and let him do whatever he is doing.
    Im out, its been fun

MBTI
    INxx
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Certain videogames Ive played enough to play on autopilot but not enough to be bored by.

Ive tried to listen to chillout music but it just makes me bored.
    I hope I'm wrong, but I believe that he is a fraud, and I think despite all of his rhetoric about being a champion of the working class, it will turn out to be hollow -- Bernie Sanders on Trump

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Just lying in bed for 30-40 minutes with the blinds closed can be very relaxing. Walking, breath meditation, and standing in the rain are all incredibly relaxing.

A ton of my stress comes from my vision, I have had frequent migraines since I was very young, and being able to unfocus and just let my brain not have to deal with visual stimulation has a profound effect. Reading used to let me do this but my vision has gotten poor enough in the past couple years that I am unable to take my glasses off while reading. Having a viewing distance of about 3 inches makes me utterly dependent on glasses now.
    Ne > Ti > Si >> Te > Se >> Fe > Fi > Ni
    5 so/sp
    Chaotic Neutral/Evil

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    469 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII Fi

Sleep
    Chamomile Tea
    Ambient music
    Long hot showers
    Soup
    Cartoons
    Laying in cozy bedding
    Soft rainfall
    I only ask to be free. The butterflies are free...

Johari
    Nohari
    Likes SurrealisticSlumbers liked this post

Senior Member SurrealisticSlumbers's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

slow jazz
    rainy spring days where I get soaked to the skin in the woods
    cuddling with the cat
    lighting candles
    binge watching "asmr" videos
    looking at old pictures
    100% cotton anything
    Shot at close range; left for dead by an unidentified killer, for reasons unknown. After 40 years, no names, few clues...

Who are the elusive "Mystery Couple"?