First 45678 Last

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by HelenOfTroy View Post
    I presumed by the op that we were going with a fluffy version and not the evil/mythological definition.
    Well, if I have to make a list of people who are of some resemblance but harbingers of misfortune for me, I could probably drum up a few names... We were obviously not being literal since the thread asked for opposite-sex doubles.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Well, if I have to make a list of people who are of some resemblance but harbingers of misfortune for me, I could probably drum up a few names... We were obviously not being literal since the thread asked for opposite-sex doubles.
    Oh yah, i'm sure there are a few evil spirits lurking in these here woods. Then again it's often the case that as soon as they are discovered they are bannished.... though some have fantastic magic costumes
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    Who would you suggest?
    I wouldn't, it's a stupid idea.
    The only people I link you with in my mind are Riva and spamtar, although you are slightly more eloquent/thoughtful than either of those, both of whom orbit an entirely different galaxy from INA.
    Not a surprise; you're never satisfied with anything.
    I'm satisfied when people are true to their word.
    You know, like when they announce their departure with great fanfare and manage to actually stay away?
    That's satisfying.
    Quote Originally Posted by HelenOfTroy
    I presumed by the op that we were going with a fluffy version
    It's hard to figure out what people are going with... It's always amazing to get a glimpse of the attributes people claim for themselves, whilst never manifesting them in any discernible form.

But don't mind me. I'll just sit over here in the corner, and be all flabbergasted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

Let me count the ways Betty Blue's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7W6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Salomé View Post
    It's hard to figure out what people are going with... It's always amazing to get a glimpse of the attributes people claim for themselves, whilst never manifesting them in any discernible form.

But don't mind me. I'll just sit over here in the corner, and be all flabbergasted.
    Well certainly, i imagine most are going for members whose qualities they believe they emulate, or prehaps qualities they admire and would like to emulate. Or people they feel akin to in interests etc.

I'd be interested in seeing who you think is best fit for yourself.
    "We knew he was someone who had a tragic flaw, that's where his greatness came from"

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INTj

THERE IS ONLY ME!
    I AM THE ONLY ONE OF ME!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ego Reparate; Ob Me Non Deficiat.
    INTJ - RCOEI - sx/sp/so - Tritype: 683 (6w5-8w9-3w4) - True Neutral
    "Yeah, wisdom always chooses/These black eyes and these bruises"
    "Over the heartache that they say/Never completely goes away..."

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Fun fact: while the term doppelganger (derived from German) can both mean an evil spirit (similar to the evil twin idea) or a simple lookalike in English it mostly means lookalike in German. It's somebody you are not related to but who is physically as similar to you as if they were your identical twin.
    The good life is one inspired by love and guided by knowledge. Neither love without knowledge, nor knowledge without love can produce a good life. - Bertrand Russell
    A herring's blog
    Johari / Nohari

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

I wouldn't, it's a stupid idea.
    You don't really have a better answer.
    The only people I link you with in my mind are Riva and spamtar, although you are slightly more eloquent/thoughtful than either of those, both of whom orbit an entirely different galaxy from INA.
    Fair enough.
    I'm satisfied when people are true to their word.
    Perhaps you should start leading by example.

The mods aren't interested in anything that doesn't validate the status quo. The way feedback is handled (i.e. dismissively, defensively, punitively or else ignored altogether) is a key reason I lost interest as did a number of other decent posters. (Not claiming that I'm a decent poster, or that the lack of interest of people such as myself isn't exactly what the madmin want. In which case, they're doing a great job.) Sheeples is what they want and sheeples is what they get.
    As an aside, I think the current crop of mods is the perhaps the best we've ever had. Not a bad apple amongst them. They are doing a fantastic job and I'm genuinely grateful for their efforts (I don't say that enough).
    You know, like when they announce their departure with great fanfare and manage to actually stay away?
    That's satisfying.
    Ok, I laughed.
    Thank you for the reminder. Laterz.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by HelenOfTroy View Post
    I'd be interested in seeing who you think is best fit for yourself.
    I'd struggle to tell you what my "opposite" sex was let alone whether it contained a doppelgänger of yours truly. My gender identity is pretty fluid/undefined. What's the opposite of fluid? Rigid? So maybe Magic P? He'd be deeply insulted by the comparison. Which is perhaps good enough reason to make it.
    He's also good at being a harbinger of doom and gloom.
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Herring View Post
    Fun fact: while the term doppelganger (derived from German) can both mean an evil spirit (similar to the evil twin idea) or a simple lookalike in English it mostly means lookalike in German. It's somebody you are not related to but who is physically as similar to you as if they were your identical twin.
    Fun fact II: " some reports of doppelgängers may well be due to failure of the left temporoparietal junction." ~ wiki
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    You don't really have a better answer.
    True. I don't actually know what INA looks like. I guess if you're convinced you resemble each other there must be something in it...

Perhaps you should start leading by example.
    Oh, but I do.
    I like to think my constructive feedback played a small part in recent positive developments.

/modest
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

From the Undertow CuriousFeeling's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    EII

Opposite sex doppleganger, this is difficult to come up with a definitive answer. There's some dudes on here that have some things in common with me, but aren't INFJ, like @phobik @Qlip that are synth nerds. But I don't see them as being exact duplicates of me, both being extroverts.

Typologically speaking, the closest is @Peguy, being both INFJ E-4's with a scholarly bent. But he's a history/metaphysics buff; whereas, my areas of expertise are in science and music. There's overlap/parallel in ideas, but we examine things from different angles.

I find that I have more same-sex dopplegangers here.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Johari/Nohari

“Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings -- always darker, emptier and simpler.”
    ― Friedrich Nietzsche

Anew Leaf

And this thread is why we can't have nice things.