User Tag List

View Poll Results: Would you rather be turned into a zombie or assimilated by the Borg?

Voters
16. You may not vote on this poll
  • Zombie

7 43.75%
  • Borg

9 56.25%
First 123 Last

garbage

Doesn't the Borg have all sorts of collective knowledge? That'd kick ass.

Zombies are stupid.

Zombie, definitely zombie. Zombies are dead. You don't retain any higher functions or personality, you're just a re-animated corpse. You don't feel anything, you don't think anything. You're gone. Being a zombie is ancillary to the fact you're dead. You're not forced to become a zombie, you die and happen to become a zombie. What happens after you die is sort of arbitrary, it doesn't have anything to do with you per se.

Being a Borg drone is horrific. You're not killed, you're taken over. Your identity is repressed, your body mutilated. You're not dead, you're turned into a cybernetic monster who still has a deeply repressed identity, with no control over your own actions.

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by 93JC View Post
    Zombie, definitely zombie. Zombies are dead. You don't retain any higher functions or personality, you're just a re-animated corpse. You don't feel anything, you don't think anything. You're gone. Being a zombie is ancillary to the fact you're dead. You're not forced to become a zombie, you die and happen to become a zombie. What happens after you die is sort of arbitrary, it doesn't have anything to do with you per se.

Being a Borg drone is horrific. You're not killed, you're taken over. Your identity is repressed, your body mutilated. You're not dead, you're turned into a cybernetic monster who still has a deeply repressed identity, with no control over your own actions.
    Exactly!!!

A slave to brains craving is better then having a hive mind repress your individuality. /shudder

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    649 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI

Arrgggh! You're all being so narrow minded! Zombies, unlike the borg, have no strict definition, and the OP doesn't provide one! Why do you all assume that you'd have to be one of the mindless ones?!

NPcomplete

Quote Originally Posted by JAVO View Post
    The election results are clear. Very well...

Nooo! Democracy doesn't work like that! Nuh-uh!

Anyway, I don't have to turn into anything because I am a brainivore anyway. Prions mmmm

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrinth View Post
    Arrgggh! You're all being so narrow minded! Zombies, unlike the borg, have no strict definition, and the OP doesn't provide one! Why do you all assume that you'd have to be one of the mindless ones?!
    Exactly.

Who fucking cares? The question is "would you rather be a zombie or Borg?" We're not debating philosophy, politics, etc. here...

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    649 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by 93JC View Post
    Who fucking cares? The question is "would you rather be a zombie or Borg?" We're not debating philosophy, politics, etc. here...
    I'm just poking at your reasoning. I don't care what your opinion on the matter is. Why so reactive anyways? I hardly think profanity was called for in this situation.

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

I think this question would be better if it was borg versus necromancer
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrinth View Post
    I'm just poking at your reasoning. I don't care what your opinion on the matter is.
    If you don't care what my opinion is then why would you "poke at my reasoning"? "I don't care"? Obviously you do, otherwise you wouldn't have posted in this thread.

Why so reactive anyways?
    Because obviously you do care, and I was absolutely flabbergasted that anyone would care as much as you appear to about something so incredibly inane.

I hardly think profanity was called for in this situation.
    Go fuck yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by thealchemist View Post

Nooo! Democracy doesn't work like that! Nuh-uh!

Anyway, I don't have to turn into anything because I am a brainivore anyway. Prions mmmm

I think Borg are allowed to consume brains if they are not found worthy of integration into the collective.

And, the possibility of a Borg zombie or a zombie-Borg hasn't been ruled out.