User Tag List

Default Movie characters that you find annoying

There's a somewhat similar thread here, however it's restricted to 10 people and doesn't ask for explanation; it's also intended to be a list thread, not a discussion thread. So what about a discussion? And let's limit this one to only movie/TV shows characters, no real life stuff or characters from books.

Since I'm VERY bad with titles and moreover with fictional character names, now I'm gonna mention only a few. I was wondering, how can people remember that stuff?

- Dexter from Dexter: the guy complains a lot about "needing" to do things he doesn't like or want to do.
    - Dexter's sister: she's annoying the way she sticks her nose into everything. She also is too emotional and irrational. Often fun to watch though.
    - House M.D. from later seasons: first few seasons were awesome, but then he got addictive, emotional, fuzzy, more manipulative and started doing various nonsensical "tricks."
    - Cameron from House: a lot of nonsense with grief, later quite irrational and too much of a believer in "the truth."
    - Skyler from Breaking Bad: Very irrational... Throughout all the series.
    - Skyler's husband: He's giving too much of silent treatment and sometimes doesn't think about what he's doing in a rational manner.
    - Skyler's sister: Fun, but annoying and untrustworthy.
    - Skyler's son: just an asshole. It may have been attempted to portray a "casual" teenager though...
    - The addict friend of Skyler's husband: the guy worries a lot, does a lot of stupid and irrational things, doesn't have an understanding for almost everything, takes everything to the extreme, is a druggie, and more.
    - Delores from Dead Like Me: she assumes a lot of false things and acts on them, she's also no fun and annoying, clingy, too emotional, even manipulative. Yuck.
    - Georgia from Dead Like Me: she complies too much to what she doesn't like and complains about it in her mind. She also doesn't use the opportunities.
    - Tony Soprano's son: depressed, doesn't do anything, tried to off himself... Can't remember more.
    - Donkey from Shrek: he doesn't listen when you tell him to shut up or not to do something.
    - Thomson from Boardwalk Empire: he's interesting, but he has some problems with his mental health and often is angry for no good reason. He also sleeps around too much and drinks too much.
    - Thomson's wife: Ignorant and takes charge of things like signing the deed to the church to a great deal. If I was Nucky, I'd be pissed.
    - Al Capone: He's too aggressive.
    - Gillian Darmody: too manipulative and too worried about how she looks.
    - James Dormody: makes dumb decisions and misinterprets things too much.
    - The guy who said "how are things if not personal:" He's too personal, irrational and aggressive.
    - The guy with odd laugh that runs the export operation now: Doesn't know his place and is a pretentious idiot.

I'm sure I would think of more situations where I thought "stupid" or "idiot" while watching the movie/show, even from these very same movies/shows mentioned above, but I'm really tired right now, and I'm bad with fictional characters and titles.

P.S. You can post one-by-one, or you can post a whole list, doesn't matter. You can always post another post here, it's not a list thread.

WALMART

You say movie characters, then progress to television series characters.

I recently watched a Bosnian film, "No Man's Land" that had an annoying officer who felt chain of command was rigid and would not help those far inferior to him. Makes sense, maybe, but still annoying.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Typoz View Post
    - Skyler's husband [from Breaking Bad]: He's giving too much of silent treatment and sometimes doesn't think about what he's doing in a rational manner.
    - The addict friend of Skyler's husband: the guy worries a lot, does a lot of stupid and irrational things, doesn't have an understanding for almost everything, takes everything to the extreme, is a druggie, and more.
    You mean Walt and Jesse, the main characters? What a weird way to describe them. It's like calling Homer Simpson "Ned Flander's Neighbor."

- Al Capone: He's too aggressive.
    Yeah, well, I don't know what you expected.
    Does he want a pillow for his head?

Quote Originally Posted by jontherobot View Post
    You say movie characters, then progress to television series characters.

I recently watched a Bosnian film, "No Man's Land" that had an annoying officer who felt chain of command was rigid and would not help those far inferior to him. Makes sense, maybe, but still annoying.
    In this country we don't have a word for "TV shows," so especially when I'm tired, I do make mistakes like that in language; I've edited it.

Quote Originally Posted by ZPowers View Post
    You mean Walt and Jesse, the main characters? What a weird way to describe them. It's like calling Homer Simpson "Ned Flander's Neighbor."

Yeah, well, I don't know what you expected.
    People get it if they have seen the show, and if they haven't, they wouldn't get it anyway.

I didn't expect anything.

Addition:

- Shanon from Lost: she doesn't do anything, wants everything, fails to admit the truth, is manipulative, has a dick-ish attitude towards people, especially her brother. Couldn't stand her in real life.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Typoz View Post
    Shanon from Lost: she doesn't do anything, wants everything, fails to admit the truth, is manipulative, has a dick-ish attitude towards people, especially her brother. Couldn't stand her in real life.
    Well, that's the truth, at least. She was pretty immature.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

Well, the purpose of the 'similar thread' was to reveal some piece of who we are by showing who we hate. You certainly achieved that.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    Well, the purpose of the 'similar thread' was to reveal some piece of who we are by showing who we hate. You certainly achieved that.
    I know that. And since it was rather limiting, I've created a new thread without those limitations.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    Mission accomplished, I suppose. Even if it went the round-about way.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

garbage

While we're on the subject of House, both of the new chicks were annoying as hell. They took the Cameron character, stripped of any outstanding features and backstory, and blammo, we have Adams. Park had several damning problems, including absolutely terrible enunciation. I'm surprised that I even remember their names, seeing as how they were so inconsequential.

Eric Cartman also transitioned from a dumb, whiny, spoiled fat kid to an evil genius manipulator and planner. He was better before

Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    While we're on the subject of House, both of the new chicks were annoying as hell. They took the Cameron character, stripped of any outstanding features and backstory, and blammo, we have Adams. Park had several damning problems, including absolutely terrible enunciation. I'm surprised that I even remember their names, seeing as how they were so inconsequential.

Eric Cartman also transitioned from a dumb, whiny, spoiled fat kid to an evil genius manipulator and planner. He was better before
    Park, yes, she is annoying and whiny. I can't remember Adams... I know that the show significantly worsened after the 2nd, 3rd or 4th season... In pretty much every aspect.

As for Cartman, for me he is fluctuating a lot from episode to episode. I dislike when he's too whiny, too controlling, too manipulative, it's not fun to watch anymore. It's taken too far.