First 1234 Last

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    It depends. If I like their work and/or like what I know about them as people, sometimes I feel sad. I don't cry or anything, it just feels a little like the world has lost something good that it can't get back again.
    That's generally how I feel.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

Not really. Not any more than if it was a relative or acquaintance I barely knew. I'd be disappointed that they couldn't continue producing new material.

It would depend on how and why they died. If it was a really sad way, like violent or suffering from an illness, I'd be sad for them and the people who were close to them; and if I knew of and liked this person a lot. If I wasn't familiar with them and they died that way I'd still be kind of sad for them but not as much. So I guess it would only affect me perse if there was some touching story to go along with the announcement and I read it.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

I felt kinda bad about Michael Jackson and Whitney Houston and others. They were people with talent whose lives became a convoluted mess, partly because of their own bad choices and partly because of some abusive crap they dealt with earlier in life; it's hard to tease out what caused what.

It just seems a shame that such potential was tarnished and then lost... and not just that, but their lives themselves are gone now.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

garbage

We pay too much attention to the wrong celebrities in life; I prefer not to spoil them with attention in death, too.

If they've had a meaningful positive impact or have produced great works, they deserve at least some reverence. It's less sad when they've been able to pass the torch on to others, though.

Looks like a few Steves have died recently. Stephen Covey's death deserved at least as much attention as Steve Jobs's.

Also, what @Jennifer said about the tragic stories behind some of those massively-publicized deaths.

MBTI
    yupp

nope, didn't know them personally, thats like me crying everytime a stranger gets shot, it's irrational and i'd be crying 24/7
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    IntP
    Enneagram
    =)
    Socionics
    =)

I was upset when Zyzz died.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by skylights View Post
    Not especially, unless they touched me particularly for some reason. I was sad when Michael Jackson died because he seemed like he had some really beautiful things inside him and everything just went so wrong.
    So...he touched you?
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6

Can't be answered in the general case. Once in a while one of them will affect me (Steve Jobs comes to mind). Usually not.

The day Wilford Brimley dies will be depressing.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    EII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    So...he touched you?
    I'm afraid he may have touched a lot of young people. D:

your resident asshole

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    This is a huge tell when it comes to type, and I'm surprised this isn't on every test to be honest.
    I don't think that this is type-dependent. I think it just shows how our society is horribly addicted to celebrities.

Quote Originally Posted by cafe View Post
    It depends. If I like their work and/or like what I know about them as people, sometimes I feel sad. I don't cry or anything, it just feels a little like the world has lost something good that it can't get back again.
    This. If someone like Snooki died I wouldn't really care, but if one of my favorite singers died I'd probably be sad.

...Not that I'm actually wishing death on Snooki