User Tag List

123 Last

Anew Leaf

Default How do you see the world with happy eyes?

It occurs to me that so often we go through life not really paying attention to the world around us. That somewhere in our lives we stop seeing trees for being trees, and stop wondering at the soft smell of rain, and stop craning our necks back in hopes of snatching a glimpse of a shooting star.

And inside of us there are trillions of little quantum bursts of energy going off within the confines of tiny force fields. We're made up of fireworks and we don't even know it! So exciting!

What do you like seeing with happy, fresh eyes that is easy to miss at times?

I like looking at trees. So often they can seem part of the landscape, but you just need to get up close to them and observe. Then you can see that they are an entire planet to the caravans of ants that roam their landscapes. you can see the constellations that the sun and leaves make upon the ground. You can see their depth, and the beauty that glows off of them. you can pick up a sense of time and waiting about them. A sense that even though they are immobile, they still move.

ndovjtjcaqidthi

I talk to trees. I look up at the night sky hoping to catch a shooting star. I go out in the rain just because..

I'm not happy..

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

The world is too happy of a place for me. I know no other way to look at it. It causes a lot of problems and heartache but I haven't seen it fit to become jaded yet.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

NPcomplete

I love seeing everything as if I'm laying eyes upon them for the first time. There's always a new way of looking at a thing.

Are these

brooms? Means of transportation? Necessities when playing Quidditch? Makeshift microphones?

Also this (I love posting it haha!):

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by Saudade View Post
    I talk to trees. I look up at the night sky hoping to catch a shooting star. I go out in the rain just because..

I'm not happy..
    What do the trees say to you?

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    The world is too happy of a place for me. I know no other way to look at it. It causes a lot of problems and heartache but I haven't seen it fit to become jaded yet.
    it's a constant battle against becoming jaded even though jade stones are quite beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by thealchemist View Post
    I love seeing everything as if I'm laying eyes upon them for the first time. There's always a new way of looking at a thing.

Is this
    a broom? A means of transportation? A necessity when playing Quidditch? A makeshift microphone?

Also this (I love posting it haha!):

what an excellent post as always from you. or is the broom just another tree waiting to be swept away by some birds?

Anew Leaf

I also really like looking at the macro and micro extremes of the universe and world.

like look at an acorn: it's true self is that of an oak tree. and yet you can't even know the concept of the tree when you see the simpleness of an acorn. how does that become that? it's incredible and glorious.

or look at molecules, they are like constellations of atoms swirling around us, filled with bursts of energy like fireworks in formation.

or everything is a fractal.

or or or or.

Today I went for a nice walk along the water. It was kinda cool and foggy. Some of the leaves were changing. That was nice.

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    Today I went for a nice walk along the water. It was kinda cool and foggy. Some of the leaves were changing. That was nice.
    Sounds like a lovely time.

*walks with you in spirit*

There is a spider outside my window at work. It has woven the archetypal spider Web, which in itself is quite lovely. But, throughout the day, I watch it drop down from the leaf it hides under and clean and repair its Web. I've seen it catch bugs and remove various debris from its Web. I find it very fascinating, actually.

NPcomplete

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    I also really like looking at the macro and micro extremes of the universe and world.

like look at an acorn: it's true self is that of an oak tree. and yet you can't even know the concept of the tree when you see the simpleness of an acorn. how does that become that? it's incredible and glorious.

or look at molecules, they are like constellations of atoms swirling around us, filled with bursts of energy like fireworks in formation.

or everything is a fractal.

or or or or.

indeed.

Or we sometimes have to look beyond what's in front of us and consider the wondrous ever-evolving spider web(s???) that the universe is.