User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by thealchemist View Post
    indeed.

Or we sometimes have to look beyond what's in front of us and consider the wondrous ever-evolving spider web(s???) that the universe is.

Ah so much beauty contained in mere droplets which in turn are their own multiverses of possibilities and constellations of atoms and time moves differently there where each second elongates into a perfect decade.

Quote Originally Posted by jontherobot View Post
    I recall once turning a crank to take a trailer off a customer's car. Inside the jack, a spot of mud had been caked, a small green sproutling emerging as if it were a potted plant.

Those were nice days.
    Oh, this is beautiful, jon!! It reminds me of WALL-E.

Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    Things I can't help but stare at always:

- Forest-like settings, especially in autumn or after a rain.
    - Thunderstorms. The more severe the better.
    - The moon.
    - Clouds.
    - Large spans of sky, ocean, or land.
    - When something new and awesome happens on a piece of technology.
    - Water. Water water water.
    Water............ water.................. everywhere. I love your list. So much happy beauty inside each choice.

Quote Originally Posted by SD45T-2 View Post
    @Saturned This seems like your sort of thing. The seagull sounds are David Gilmour using a wah pedal with the input and output jacks reversed, and the wind effect is Guy Pratt running a slide along the strings of his bass + delay.

I love Pink Floyd... ty!!

Quote Originally Posted by cascadeco View Post

-------------

This is part of why nature is so important to me and I love walking out in it, getting into the wilderness, away from everyone. Everything that most concern themselves with (and that over time start creeping up on me if I'm immersed in it for too long) ceases to have any significance.

So I get my 'happy eyes' anytime I go out. It's so totally freeing to me. As a pre-teen I still remember a moment when I went out in the backyard in twilight, picked up some fallen autumn leaves from the ground, smelled them, held them up into the air, threw them over me, looked up at the sky, and just immersed myself in happiness in that single moment; it was like a spontaneous ode to the world and beauty and life around me, a bit of a conscious element of wanting to remember that moment and what it meant/symbolized to me, that I felt a part of and that was a stark contrast to my everyday life and peers that I didn't feel connected with at all.

It started out as a general pull... appreciation, calling, something that spoke to me at my core. I didn't even notice all of the smaller details at the time. But over each year since my youth, I've accumulated more and more awareness of the pieces in nature. In my youth it started with birds, and I loved the trees too, in my 20's I started noticing the wildflowers that would pop up at certain times of the year (and am now obsessed with wildflowers and am so 100% happy sitting in a field of wildflowers in the alpine in the mountains in the summer), and now into my 30's I'm starting to notice all of the little things, the insects crawling on the bark of a tree, the fungi on a rotting log, the way a stream meanders and moss grows on the rocks....so much beauty. And everything interconnected in such an awesome way.

All of it makes me smile.
    You make me smile, friend. Beautifully written post, thank you for sharing these thought treasures with all of us.

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    When we become a tree, we speak as a tree and we only have to listen.

We are so overcome by beauty, we no longer know who is the tree and who is me, and so me and the tree become one.

And we have absolutely no idea what we will say. Our voice tends to deepen and become a little woody, but then burst forth in leaf. We may become profound or silly, or say things we have never heard before. It's a pentecost of the trees.
    To speak as a tree one must first understand the tree and in so understanding time will stop for just a mere fraction of a second and then the moment passes and you will be standing in front of the tree with a flash of knowledge and a mind changing its colors as a new season rolls in to claim the first.

Quote Originally Posted by xisnotx View Post
    Laughter.
    Good choice.

Quote Originally Posted by SuchIrony View Post
    I do that too once in a while. I should do it more often. Its a good way of getting more in touch with my sensing side.
    I find walking into doors quite helpful in this regard too.

That works too although it's not exactly what I meant. Finding new ways to look at things brings me great joy in general and this often begins with pretending to be a tourist in a new, albeit familiar, land.
    Let us both become Strangers in a Strange Land and get tattoos that mean nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Qlip View Post
    I wish I could contribute, I don't understand. I don't think I can see things as they are. Everything I see is me staring back at me. In some magical situations, I stop thinking.. but then I become the world and I still can't see it.
    Even this contributes for it is your own lovely point of view.

NPcomplete

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    Ah so much beauty contained in mere droplets which in turn are their own multiverses of possibilities and constellations of atoms and time moves differently there where each second elongates into a perfect decade.
    And droplets create other wonders too!

Let us both become Strangers in a Strange Land and get tattoos that mean nothing.
    We are already Strangers in a Strange Land. Now our task is to become Strangers in an Even Stranger Land.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    7w8

I also really like looking at the macro and micro extremes of the universe and world.
    l
    or look at molecules, they are like constellations of atoms swirling around us, filled with bursts of energy

im actually getting a tattoo based on the idea molecules, atoms look like the universe & planets as seen in microscopic images. the galaxy at large is interesting, but i dont think of trees; i was made for cities, industry and the great indoors.nature is scenic, but id prefer watching volcanoes erupt from a safe distance to a rainbow.
    Oh, its
    You

Anew Leaf

And droplets create other wonders too!

We are already Strangers in a Strange Land. Now our task is to become Strangers in an Even Stranger Land.
    If I could, I would shrink us to a droplet and we can evaporate into space.

Hmm.... I like this new plan. Do we still get to get tattoos?

Quote Originally Posted by You View Post
    im actually getting a tattoo based on the idea molecules, atoms look like the universe & planets as seen in microscopic images. the galaxy at large is interesting, but i dont think of trees; i was made for cities, industry and the great indoors.nature is scenic, but id prefer watching volcanoes erupt from a safe distance to a rainbow.
    Oh! That sounds beautiful. Would you mind sharing a picture at some point?

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

I do this in ways opposite to yourself perhaps saturned. I love adrenaline rushes and myself becoming one rather than getting lost in the majesty about me.
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

NPcomplete

If I could, I would shrink us to a droplet and we can evaporate into space.
    Yay to global warming!

Hmm.... I like this new plan. Do we still get to get tattoos?
    Do we have to?
    Or you could get two.

So it averages out.

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by UniqueMixture View Post
    I do this in ways opposite to yourself perhaps saturned. I love adrenaline rushes and myself becoming one rather than getting lost in the majesty about me.
    interesting perspective my se-comrade. ty for sharing

Yay to global warming!

Do we have to?
    Or you could get two.

So it averages out.
    just think of how lovely it would be to be a droplet of rain ascending back to the sky which would be like coming home to splash into vapor and float away.

mm, actually i have always like the idea of a tattoo far more than the actual application of such a thing. so much permanence D:

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Everything, honestly. There's always something. At least outdoors - it's a little trickier in a boring conference room or something like that.
    -end of thread-

NPcomplete

just think of how lovely it would be to be a droplet of rain ascending back to the sky which would be like coming home to splash into vapor and float away.
    The physics of droplet formation makes me almost misty-eyed.

mm, actually i have always like the idea of a tattoo far more than the actual application of such a thing. so much permanence D:
    Ah, conceptual tattoos. I like the idea.

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by Randomnity View Post
    Everything, honestly. There's always something. At least outdoors - it's a little trickier in a boring conference room or something like that.
    Yay! I am so glad. Even in a conference room though.... there is some scope for beauty. The paper leaks with the echoes of its prior life, the glass remembers the sounds of the sea from when it was sand, etc.

The physics of droplet formation makes me almost misty-eyed.

Ah, conceptual tattoos. I like the idea.
    Ah, yes, my misty-eyed one.

Perhaps I can transform myself into just a tear or two and then dissipate into clouds and sky and space and stars.

I wonder if we can consider thoughts as being conceptual tattoos upon the folded skin of our memories.