First 1234 Last

F CK all I need is U ilikeitlikethat's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so

Like this

WALMART

I recall once turning a crank to take a trailer off a customer's car. Inside the jack, a spot of mud had been caked, a small green sproutling emerging as if it were a potted plant.

Those were nice days.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Things I can't help but stare at always:

- Forest-like settings, especially in autumn or after a rain.
    - Thunderstorms. The more severe the better.
    - The moon.
    - Clouds.
    - Large spans of sky, ocean, or land.
    - When something new and awesome happens on a piece of technology.
    - Water. Water water water.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sp

@Saturned This seems like your sort of thing. The seagull sounds are David Gilmour using a wah pedal with the input and output jacks reversed, and the wind effect is Guy Pratt running a slide along the strings of his bass + delay.

1w2-6w5-3w2 so/sp

"I took one those personality tests. It came back negative." - Dan Mintz

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    I like looking at trees. So often they can seem part of the landscape, but you just need to get up close to them and observe. Then you can see that they are an entire planet to the caravans of ants that roam their landscapes. you can see the constellations that the sun and leaves make upon the ground. You can see their depth, and the beauty that glows off of them. you can pick up a sense of time and waiting about them. A sense that even though they are immobile, they still move.

-------------

This is part of why nature is so important to me and I love walking out in it, getting into the wilderness, away from everyone. Everything that most concern themselves with (and that over time start creeping up on me if I'm immersed in it for too long) ceases to have any significance.

So I get my 'happy eyes' anytime I go out. It's so totally freeing to me. As a pre-teen I still remember a moment when I went out in the backyard in twilight, picked up some fallen autumn leaves from the ground, smelled them, held them up into the air, threw them over me, looked up at the sky, and just immersed myself in happiness in that single moment; it was like a spontaneous ode to the world and beauty and life around me, a bit of a conscious element of wanting to remember that moment and what it meant/symbolized to me, that I felt a part of and that was a stark contrast to my everyday life and peers that I didn't feel connected with at all.

It started out as a general pull... appreciation, calling, something that spoke to me at my core. I didn't even notice all of the smaller details at the time. But over each year since my youth, I've accumulated more and more awareness of the pieces in nature. In my youth it started with birds, and I loved the trees too, in my 20's I started noticing the wildflowers that would pop up at certain times of the year (and am now obsessed with wildflowers and am so 100% happy sitting in a field of wildflowers in the alpine in the mountains in the summer), and now into my 30's I'm starting to notice all of the little things, the insects crawling on the bark of a tree, the fungi on a rotting log, the way a stream meanders and moss grows on the rocks....so much beauty. And everything interconnected in such an awesome way.

All of it makes me smile.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

Smile The Pentecost of the Trees

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    What do the trees say to you?
    When we become a tree, we speak as a tree and we only have to listen.

We are so overcome by beauty, we no longer know who is the tree and who is me, and so me and the tree become one.

And we have absolutely no idea what we will say. Our voice tends to deepen and become a little woody, but then burst forth in leaf. We may become profound or silly, or say things we have never heard before. It's a pentecost of the trees.

Permabanned

Laughter.

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by thealchemist View Post
    I love seeing everything as if I'm laying eyes upon them for the first time. There's always a new way of looking at a thing.
    I do that too once in a while. I should do it more often. Its a good way of getting more in touch with my sensing side.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

NPcomplete

Quote Originally Posted by SuchIrony View Post
    I do that too once in a while. I should do it more often. Its a good way of getting more in touch with my sensing side.
    That works too although it's not exactly what I meant. Finding new ways to look at things brings me great joy in general and this often begins with pretending to be a tourist in a new, albeit familiar, land.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I wish I could contribute, I don't understand. I don't think I can see things as they are. Everything I see is me staring back at me. In some magical situations, I stop thinking.. but then I become the world and I still can't see it.