User Tag List

First 2345 Last

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

I've been on holidays all by myself too.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

I do all sorts of things alone(traveling around for work), the only thing I don't really like doing alone is eating in a restaurant.

Quote Originally Posted by Lark View Post
    I've been on holidays all by myself too.
    Oh that too. I always go alone, but I went on vacation twice in ten years so it's not like that happens a lot.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

I do almost everything alone. I can't go on vacation alone though.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by nebbykoo View Post
    I do almost everything alone. I can't go on vacation alone though.
    What's keeping you? :p
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by 93JC View Post
    For concerts it depends on the genre of music. Rock, pop and such I wouldn't go to alone, but then again I probably wouldn't go at all if not for someone else asking me. I go to philharmonic orchestra performances by myself once or twice a year because I don't know anyone else who would want to go.

I've never gone to a theatrical performance on my own. Somehow going to one alone just doesn't feel right. Nor does going to a sporting event alone. I have gone to sporting events alone but I probably won't go to sporting events alone ever again.

I have gone to museums and the zoo alone but I would have preferred to go with someone. When I go to a museum or zoo I want to see everything and I want to take my time; most people I know wouldn't have the patience. Although I would prefer to go to these sorts of venues with someone I don't like going if they're busy overall. For example the last time I went to the zoo in early April I had forgotten that most of the schools were out for Easter break. As a result the place was filled to the brim with noisy little brats. It was an awful experience. If I go again I think I'll go in the winter, when the brisk air will encourage the parents of all the little Mackenzies and Addisons of the world to stay inside and away from me.

(And the Siberian tigers prefer the cold. )

I've travelled alone but I would prefer to go with someone.
    I've done all these alone except for sporting events. I don't think I'd want to go to a sporting event alone. There's something soaking up the atmosphere and sharing the experience with others.

I went to a theatre production alone once. I felt rather self-conscious about it. I think I was the only sitting alone there so I felt conspicuous.

Museums I have done alone and generally prefer to do since I can go at my own pace.

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Movies - sure, sometimes I'm the only one that likes a specific movie, thus I go alone.
    Concerts - not really, I would feel lonely without anyone "sharing" the experience.

Otoh I often go cycling, running, hinking, climbing alone - I like being alone in the nature.

In terms of "I'll think you are wierd if you do X" - I think going out for dinner at a restaurant just by yourself is kind of bizzarre, unless you're in a new city, completely by yourself. All the other stuff, not really.
    I agree on all this except for restaurants. I don't find it weird to go alone at all except if was someplace really fancy. Usually I go to fast casual places- I'm there to order my food, while I'm waiting I'm reading a book. I'm not there for the socializing.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    7w8

i can have fun watching Dark Knight Rises alone in the dark, skating the city blocks without an amigo, in-door rock climbing, but eating out alone? not for me. still enjoy all these activies even more with good company.
    Oh, its
    You

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I think there are a lot of restaurants where I wouldn't be all that happy alone. However, if it's a cafe-style place, or if it's a place I'm very familiar with (maybe I've been there many times with friends) - or both - I'd probably be fine with it.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

Banned

Generally I tend to satisfy that particular need by taking walks during the night, alternatively early mornings. The night air is perfect for flushing out your head.

Although, I used to attend theaters and cinemas solo on occasion when circumstances made it appealing to me. I don't have anything against it.

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by SilkRoad View Post
    I think there are a lot of restaurants where I wouldn't be all that happy alone. However, if it's a cafe-style place, or if it's a place I'm very familiar with (maybe I've been there many times with friends) - or both - I'd probably be fine with it.
    If you're a frequent customer its about the food then, its a bit strange to me sometimes going to eat alone in new places though.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

There is something to be said about your devotion to your own satisfaction by going solo on outings. It denotes a healthy attitude of self-love and self-worth. If you can't go alone, you're afraid of yourself. If you prefer to go with others, its just a preference, and not a malady.
    I N V I C T U S