User Tag List

View Poll Results: Are you a morning person or a night person?

Voters
117. You may not vote on this poll
  • I am a J and a morning person

11 9.40%
  • I am a J and a night person

28 23.93%
  • I am a J with no preference either way whatsoever

5 4.27%
  • I am a P and a morning person

10 8.55%
  • I am a P and a night person

55 47.01%
  • I am a P with no preference either way whatsoever

8 6.84%
123 Last

MBTI
    INFP

Default Morning Person or Night Owl?

Okay, this is a poll to determine if there's any correlation between the J/P axis and whether you are a morning person or a night person. By "morning person" I mean someone who typically prefers to get up early and finds that they are usually at their best during the morning and at their worst at night. By "night person" I obviously mean someone who typically prefers to get up late and finds that they are usually at their best at night and at their worst during the morning.

Note: this is about relative preference, not about ability to function. You may well be fairly balanced.

Seamless
    January has April's showers
    And 2 and 2 always makes a 5

MBTI
    ENTJ

I figure I am the most efficient in the morning. When I get up, I'm full of energy and ready to face the day. I'm very productive from 9am to 1pm.

A have a great INTP friend who likes to sleep until late in the morning. When we had parties and I would sleep at his place, he was always surprised I would wake up very early in the morning. Even if we went to sleep at 6 am, I'd be up only a couple of hours later full of energy. Then the afternoon, I would want to doze off...

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

I am more productive in the morning when I actually get up, but I only get up in the morning if forced to. Left to my own devices, I become nocturnal. I don't think it's particularly good for me, though. Sunlight helps keep me from getting depressed. So whatever that means,
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    INFP

I've heard and read that new research indicates it actually could be largely genetic whether you're a morning person or a night person. Some links (though I don't know how reliable the sources are):

Reset your body clock: not a morning person? Your genes have a lot to do with it, but there are ways to change your night-owl or early-bird habits to accomplish more each day Shape - Find Articles
    Preference for night or morning might be rooted in our genes

And here's a quick, fun, probably meaningless test to play with.
    BBC - Science & Nature - Human Body and Mind - Daily Rhythm Test

MBTI
    ENFj
    Enneagram
    2w3

I am one of those disgustingly chipper, bubbly morning people that P's tend to hate!! I am ready to go and get to work after my first cup *pot* of coffee. I go to bed early and rise early....my kids will be out of school soon so I may sleep until 7 am soon so that may change!
    "At points of clarity, I realize that my life on earth is meaningless, and that I am merely a pawn in a bigger game. A game I cannot possibly understand or have control of. Thankfully, before depression sets in, I drift back into my cloudy, bewildered daily routine." **Joel Patrick Warneke**

MBTI
    INFP

Last edited by JivinJeffJones; 09-12-2007 at 04:02 PM.

MBTI
    INFP

Very interesting OP, JJJ. I've often wondered the same thing.

To add more votes. I know 7 J's that are morning people, and three Ps that are night owls, and two ISFPs that don't seem to have a preference. They both just go to sleep whenever they sit down. Lol!

MBTI
    ESFJ

I'm J and definitely a night person. I feel more alert and active during the night.. and I stay up really late, even on school nights.

MBTI
    INFP

Last edited by JivinJeffJones; 09-12-2007 at 04:03 PM.