User Tag List

View Poll Results: Are you a morning person or a night person?

Voters
117. You may not vote on this poll
  • I am a J and a morning person

11 9.40%
  • I am a J and a night person

28 23.93%
  • I am a J with no preference either way whatsoever

5 4.27%
  • I am a P and a morning person

10 8.55%
  • I am a P and a night person

55 47.01%
  • I am a P with no preference either way whatsoever

8 6.84%
First 45678 Last

MBTI
    INTJ

Morning, J. I simply cannot stay up past 11 pm, even if I've slept really late. I suppose years of waking up at 5 AM have sealed my fate.

This signature left intentionally blank.

Really.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sp

I would love to be a morning person, but alas, I am a zombie until around 11 A.M. (Not a particularly friendly one, either.)
    Dost thou love Life? Then do not squander Time; for that's the Stuff Life is made of.

-- Benjamin Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack, June 1746 --

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I voted morning person, but I guess it's relative...compared to all my friends I'm extreme morning person on weekends and etc...I usually get up at 8-9am, even after parties, when they'll sleep til 11 or later. And dawn is my favourite time of day, even if I rarely get up that early. I'm also most productive around 9 am IF I wake up naturally.

On the other hand, for work I get up around 7:20-30 (my alarm is set for 7:45 but I only sleep that late if I'm super tired) but I'm grumpy and spaced out for at least an hour. So it really depends on your definition of "early"...

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

I get more work done in the morning, but my personality opens up more in the evening. My personality during the day is a gradual transition from INTP to ENFP. I voted no preference, but I'm probably more of an evening person.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

MBTI
    INTJ

Can I be both? I'm the type of person who doesn't like to go to bed (even if I'm dead tired) but when I get up in the morning, I don't want to get up.

I function very well first thing in the morning (even if I didn't get that much sleep or no sleep at all) but I burn out about one or two hours later. If I had the opportunity, I would take a nap every afternoon (around 2-3pm) because that is probably when my brain is most dead. I do very well at night too, especially when I have things to do.

So I don't know if I would call myself a night owl or a morning bird. Maybe both, because if I had it my way, I would stay up late (I like the night and the moon) but I am also most productive in the day when I first get up. It's a strange thing for me, I usually wake up before my alarm goes off, I never hit snooze and I'm always ready to work after I do my morning routine.

MBTI
    ENTP

I HATE mornings with a passion. I am usually so rude right after waking up that my mom tries to aviod talking to me til I've been up for at least an hour. I also kick, hit, and throw stuff at whoever is trying to wake me up, without actually trying. Oops. I then apologize a lot once I've figured out that I just kicked a friend or family member in the mouth. I usually walk into so many doors, walls, and other junk in the morning that I get bruises. I do not like mornings.

I ususally am pretty productive in the afternoon, but then I get tired around 9 or 10. Just as I'm hoping I might get to bed at a reasonable time, I get a second burst of energy at 11 or midnight, and stay up til 3 or 4. This does not work well with school since I have to wake up at 6:30. I usually get to sleep around 12 or 1 during the school year, after trying about everything to ensure sleepiness that I can. I'm a bit of an insomniac...
    "'You scoundrel, you have wronged me,' hissed the philosopher. 'May you live forever!'" - Ambrose Bierce

only bites when provoked
    MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Nonpareil View Post
    Can I be both? I'm the type of person who doesn't like to go to bed (even if I'm dead tired) but when I get up in the morning, I don't want to get up.
    Night Owl.

I function very well first thing in the morning (even if I didn't get that much sleep or no sleep at all) but I burn out about one or two hours later. If I had the opportunity, I would take a nap every afternoon (around 2-3pm) because that is probably when my brain is most dead. I do very well at night too, especially when I have things to do.

So I don't know if I would call myself a night owl or a morning bird. Maybe both, because if I had it my way, I would stay up late (I like the night and the moon) but I am also most productive in the day when I first get up. It's a strange thing for me, I usually wake up before my alarm goes off, I never hit snooze and I'm always ready to work after I do my morning routine.
    You're a night owl.

I, too, wish I could take a nap around 1400-1500 every day. My most awake/alert/useful time is 0200-0300. I also tend to preempt my alarm, but I never want to get up until long after I've hit the snooze a bunch of times (or listened to the phone beep numerous times).
    I 100%, N 88%, T 88%, J 75%

Disclaimer: The above is my opinion and mine alone, it does not mean I cannot change my mind, nor does it guarantee that my comments are related to any deep-seated convictions. Take everything I say with a whole snowplow worth of salt and call me in the morning, if you can.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Sahara View Post
    I am a morning person, I hate sleeping late and I hate those that sleep late around me. Plus we only have a certain amount of time alive on the planet, there is only so much you can do at night so I like to grab my time, and see every morning.
    What can you do in the morning that you can't do at night? More importantly, what would you (an INFP) want to do in the morning that you cannot do at night?

Quote Originally Posted by Sahara View Post
    I like watching the dawn, the sun, hearing the birds waking me up twittering away. It's lovely.
    Yes, these are certainly the deranged ravings of a morning person. I don't mind the dawn, as long as I'm watching it just before I go to bed. It's always struck me as somewhat snobbish to enjoy sunrises in particular, since a lot of the enjoyment seems to derive from all of the people who are sleeping through it and missing it.

As for bird-noises, you must have birds which sound much nicer than the ones we have in Australia. The ones here sound like they're biding their time until the day of the triffids.

My natural inclination is to be a night person. If I'm not working I'll go to sleep around 3am and sleep til around 10. However, I think I'm actually at my best during the morning hours when I'm in a cycle that requires me to get up early.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ExTJ

Quote Originally Posted by JivinJeffJones View Post
    What can you do in the morning that you can't do at night? More importantly, what would you (an INFP) want to do in the morning that you cannot do at night?

I've noticed that I tend to be more productive in mornings than at night, and that if I go to bed earlier that it supplies extra time pressure to get things done, which helps out. It may be similar for Sahara.

(Yes, I am a morning person.)