User Tag List

View Poll Results: Are you a morning person or a night person?

Voters
117. You may not vote on this poll
  • I am a J and a morning person

11 9.40%
  • I am a J and a night person

28 23.93%
  • I am a J with no preference either way whatsoever

5 4.27%
  • I am a P and a morning person

10 8.55%
  • I am a P and a night person

55 47.01%
  • I am a P with no preference either way whatsoever

8 6.84%
First 23456 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6?

Quote Originally Posted by JivinJeffJones View Post
    Sounds more like a control (J) thing to me. You want to feel prepared for the upcoming day.
    No, if I'm waking up unprepared for my day, I wake up earlier. Like cafe said about her INTP hub, I just don't want to rush. Also, it's the time of day when I can enjoy being alone and charge up for my super-social job.
    INFJ

"I can never be what I ought to be until you are what you ought to be. You can never be what you ought to be until I am what I ought to be. This is the interrelated structure of reality." -Martin Luther King, Jr.

I am a morning person, hands down.

My husband (a P) and I used to joke that we were like two ships passing in the night - I like to go to bed early and get up early and he likes to stay up late and sleep in. Sometimes he would be going to bed as I was getting up. Now that I've gone back to school, I go to bed late but I still get up early - instead of 4 a.m., it's more like 6 or 6:30 a.m.

The only other person in my family who is a morning person like me is my dad and he's a P.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by niffer View Post
    Dude...define "waking up early" and "waking up late"..
    Waking up early is basically anything before 8 AM but ideally the best time to get up for me is between 9 and 11 AM. Waking up late is past 1 PM, because I feel guilty if I wake up past that time.

Enneagram
    1w2

Quote Originally Posted by niffer View Post
    HAHAHA. I have a friend who's JUST like you..and, yes, she's an ENFJ. Even when we were small, she'd call me at 6 in the morning:

"HI JEN!! GOOD MORNING! Are you READY?!!?!? "
    *mumbles*
    "DID I WAKE YOU UP!!?!!??!? "
    *mumble*"No..it's okay...I'm up, I'm up..!!"*cough*
    "OKAY! WELL THAT'S GOOD! It's SUNNY already! I'm SO EXCITED! SEE YOU LATER AT THE FAIR!"
    "Goodbye Anna."
    *click*
    I'm so mean in the morning my family is afraid of me until after 11. I'm more of a late afternoon person, I get going around 4 and can stay going for another 12 hours. My personal record for staying awake is 30 hours straight, compliments of No Doz and Red Bull.

It's always something... PuddleRiver's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by JivinJeffJones View Post
    I've noticed that it is implicit in accepted wisdom that (for Christians) you will never develop fully your relationship with God if you don't have morning "quiet times". Islam also seems to be a religion started by morning people - just look at those dawn prayer times.
    I have my "quiet times" in the morning for prayer, Bible study, etc. at 3 or 4 A.M.

Right before I go to bed.

Edit: I also need to be up a couple of hours before I have to be anywhere. I can't stand to rush around. I end up feeling like I'm running behind all the rest of the day.
    "In the depth of winter, I finally learned that within me there lay one invincible summer."
    ~~~~
    A Christian's life may be the only Bible some people ever read.
    ~~~~
    "The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them" Maya Angelou.
    ~~~~
    I like your Christ. I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ" Gandhi
    ~~~~

MBTI
    INTJ

I think I'm an everthing person, like I just go in and out of whatever suuuree, you may think I just like staying up till 6am, but that's mostly just so I don't have to worry about interruptions if I'm doing something, but when the day comes where all my errands have built up then I take the day to go OUT! and ABOUT! yeaahhh!! so I think my sleep is more about what I want to do and how it fits into that more than how/who I am : ) (although what I want to do is who I am to an extent but blah blah blah *BOOM!* CRASH!) anyways : )

oh! but I read that it isn't healthy to have a completely random sleep schedule like that, that the body needs that consistancy to work best, who knows? so sometime I think about this and how I can work as to maintain as much consistency while doing what I want : )

~*taaa raaa raaa boom*~ targobelle's Avatar
    MBTI
    enfp

1:46 AM I really should go to bed.... I should do lots of things but I think bed is the best option... I have no idea why I am up so late 5 1/2 hrs to sleep *sigh*
    ~t ...in need of hugs please...
    Jung Test Results
    Extroverted (E) 63.16% Intuitive (N) 60.53% Feeling (F) 84.38% Perceiving (P) 87.1% ~Your type is: ENFP

MBTI
    INXP

Well, there certainly seems to be a correlation between "P" and night person. Wow.

-Geoff

only bites when provoked
    MBTI
    INTJ

I also see a spike in Js. I think it's also an online thing.

Although I'm a night person, I must sleep earlier to get up earlier because I must work.

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

I'm a J and I'm a tired person.

Mornings are difficult for me. I avoid appts before 10am. I tend to work evenings teaching and performing, so there is that.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)