User Tag List

123 Last

Default What do you think about people who like dark places?

I said I have problems whit social norms and I whant to talk about them so this is where I will begin.

For example I think a lot, sometimes even longer that 8h in one piece and I do it usually after sun set or in darkened room.
    Usually that thinking is about complex scientific and philosophical topics.
    But when I do this I prefer to do it in darkness to prevent senses from slowing and destroying the process.

But catch is that somebody whit time will enter the room. First they take a look in that dark room and then turn the light on. But only then they realize that someone is in the room and that someone is me giving them penetrating look which appeared out of nowhere for them. Because of this they get panic attack for few seconds and they need about 30 more to calm down.
    If I try to say something before they turn light on, result will be the same because voice out of that darkness will scare them

Also what is confusing them is that I enjoy eating alone in atmosphere where you can barely see plate and fork.
    Probably their S does not allow them to understand.

But generally all people hate my ability to appear out of nowhere and they think that it is sick and totally creepy. Especially paranoid people have problem whit this.

I remember that few years ago I scared one woman to death by accident. I would say she was about 30 and probably some kind NF.

It was Christmas and it was night, somewhere around 8.00 PM and I was visiting grandfathers grave at local graveyard. When I was done I realized that weak moonlight and candles on some graves are creating wonderful atmosphere in this labyrinth graveyard so I decided to wonder around and that was not my first time to do something like this.

Later I set my course toward exit I ran into the probably only person on entire graveyard except me - women who is visiting grave.
    I walk really fast (like other INTJs) plus graveyard is like labyrinth so from her perspective I appeared out of nowhere.
    When she realized that she is not alone she freaked out and run away screaming.
    Entire thing happened near exit so I run into her again when she was catching her breath beneath street lamp. She said to me “Damn it man you scared the crap out of me and when you did not start to run after me it was such a relief - LOL”
    After that we went separated ways.

Personally I really like to spend time alone in dark places.
    It is the best atmosphere for abstract thinking and I somehow feel at home when I am in dark and quiet place.
    Many people because of this say to me that I am total lunatic for doing this and living like this but to me this is one of the key parts of my personality and foundation of my success in life.

What I whant to say is, if you have problem whit people like me why do you have it?
    This is not a joke.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Weird.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by antisocial_one View Post
    It was Christmas and it was night, somewhere around 8.00 PM and I was visiting grandfathers grave at local graveyard. When I was done I realized that weak moonlight and candles on some graves are creating wonderful atmosphere in this labyrinth graveyard so I decided to wonder around and that was not my first time to do something like this.
    This reminds me of the thought that intrudes whenever I'm out walking, to wit: "If I were costumed as a zombie and took my walk, shuffling a little towards people as I went, how long would it be before a homeowner shotgunned me?"

As to your question: unless one dresses like/believes he is a vampire, the infatuation with darkness is probably harmless if the subject lives alone. Hell, it saves on electrical bills.

MBTI
    INFP

I've noticed that INTJs love navel-gazing.

Where I live there is no zombie/shotgun culture and guns are ilegal. (europe)
    So I guees I will survive whit this life style.
    Also I am not obsessed whit monsters/darkness/evil life style.

MBTI
    INXP

Where's that zombie survivor test when you need it?

only bites when provoked
    MBTI
    INTJ

Light is for the weak.
    I 100%, N 88%, T 88%, J 75%

Disclaimer: The above is my opinion and mine alone, it does not mean I cannot change my mind, nor does it guarantee that my comments are related to any deep-seated convictions. Take everything I say with a whole snowplow worth of salt and call me in the morning, if you can.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

They seem antisocial.

Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    They seem antisocial.
    So, Night are you antisocial?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

No.

I'm probably more ENTJ than anything.
    I created my screen name at night, hence the moniker.

Some think it's NiTe: Far more clever.