First 23456 Last

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Well, of the two of us, only one goes to the gym... and it isn't me!
    So you'd be better than me at following Rule #1 (Cardio), post-Apocalypse.
    I've been out of sync for a few weeks.

After I move on Sunday, next week is my time to buckle down, get back into a routine, and get my diet figured out.

I just saw this pictoral of this woman who lost 100 pounds in a year. She looks great.
    So I am going to lose 50. I just have to be a machine!

I call Sayid! He's mine!
    He's too small for me in stature, but he's oddly attractive... and I usually don't go for Middle East guys.

Oddly, I find I'm kinda into Sawyer and Jack. It's just funny because I don't share a lot in common with either. But watching James cut down bamboo stalks with his shirt off.... well, that was a toe-curler. And life on an island? Lots of private space.

That sounds like a really, really cool series idea. (I love that kind of detail: what does an engineer do when placed into a magical fantasy realm?) Do they hold up well, or were they better when you were a teenager? Should I read them?
    They're fast reads, and I still like them. The main problem is that Rosenberg got bored and didn't know how to end them. The first 4-5 books were decent but declining a little. But he kept writing, and it was like he just wanted to trash the characters, and finally he petered out and just stopped after book 8-9 or something. He also let a LOT of threads drop without ever concluding them. I find that annoying; he should have just ended the thing with some solid meaningful closure, rather than dragging it out into nothingness...

But I actually enjoyed the first few. There's definitely a lot of, "Okay, how can we get ahead technologically ahead in a world that permits magic?" Lots of bootstrapping inventions going on. Also, what happens when a bunch of Americans enter a world that endorses the slave trade? Can they make a difference?

And then, well... there's Ellegon.

The natives had some bootstrapping of their own, you see. (What do you think is the easiest way to get rid of the daily flow of a city's waste?) But it wasn't fair to draft an unwilling for the job.

The first book also has a great character that conforms a bit to Locke, in the sense Locke couldn't walk but on the island he could, so he never wanted to leave; James Michael Finnegan is a kid with multiple sclerosis (i think), but as his character, he's suddenly liberated in ways one could not image. Causes some interesting dilemmas.

Absolutely! I would love to learn a craft, be part of that division of labor. It sounds like a really satisfying way to live. (No alienation of labor!)
    I think it would be cool.

What role would you take?

"Yes. That goes over THERE. Now you with the funny hat, fetch me juicy fruit off the special mango tree meant only for the leader of this island!"

Just kidding.

I'm not sure. I am a jack of all trades, so I'd want to learn about everything and then make sure all the pieces fit together well.

Or, alternately, I'd be the surveyor -- exploring the island, then coming back with maps and descriptions of everything available to us.

(And in our little TypeC colony, could I be the blacksmith?)
    That would rock!!!

And you would get some nice biceps out of that.
    Last edited by Bellflower; 09-27-2012 at 08:30 PM. Reason: stupid Windows, copied wrong pic URL!
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

If it is this reality and the 10-15 people do not include people who matter to me, I'd rather die. If it is NOT this reality and I don't have anyone I want to live for I would choose to live.

Yes, it makes sense
    4w5 sp/sx EII

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by gasoline View Post
    would you stick with the colony of 15 people, or head off in yoru own direction?
    I'd be tempted to go off on my own but probably wouldn't as that would be dangeous if I didn't know of any other small groups of people out there. I'm terrified of the possibility of dying all alone. Maybe I'd take 2 or 3 other people to go with me.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

Yup
    MBTI
    Istj

you guys think the age limit for procreation would have to change? what would be the best age?
    "I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine. "
    -Bruce Lee

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by gasoline View Post
    you guys think the age limit for procreation would have to change? what would be the best age?
    Haha.. decided to stir it up up. Subtle.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Like you I imagine I'd be in the mix trying to help people out. I wouldn't just go run off to a cave somewhere... Actually as soon as that thought came out I realized I could just as easily do the opposite.

I'm so indecisive.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

It depends on who the 15 people are. I'd be OK with just one if it was my partner. We're pretty much alone on the mountain anyway. Living with 15 horrible, idiotic bullies would be annoying, but even then I'd just wander off alone to meditate and try to understand more about life. I'd probably bring my imaginary friends to "life" and be a bit crazy, but have moments of happiness because of it.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

This is the time to rebuild.. to create a society a race, to make it as healthy as possible. Everybody needs to come together.

philosopher wood nymph greenfairy's Avatar
    MBTI
    iNfj
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp

I would choose to live. The only way I wouldn't would be if there was no biosphere left and we had to live on a spaceship. I'd be so depressed without trees and green things I'd lose the will to live.

I would be a shaman and medicine woman and roam with a few friends both human and animal. I might stay in various places for periods of time, if the people were nice. I might have a few children; it would depend.

Edit: And I'll join your league of cat protectors! I've been saying I'd like to adopt every stray cat in the world...we could go to stores that carry cat food and take the bags outside and open them, so then the cats would have more to eat and the food wouldn't spoil. And pick up a vet along the way.

I'd also be thinking up ingenious ways of making efficient use of resources, such as food preservation and getting clean water.

Anew Leaf

this is rather interesting as my answer would depend upon whom made up this group as to whether i would want to be a part of it or not. if it was all strangers and i lost everyone i loved... i... am not sure what i would do. which is stronger at that point? my fi or self-pres side? they can duke it out when the time comes.

would the group want me? that is a far more interesting question when it comes to me. the reality is: i have no skills when it comes to surviving in a non-convenient environment. i get lost inside parking garages. my idea of camping is to build a pillow fort in my living room and look out my window wearing a hot coco 'stache. my experiences with sharp objects has been severely in the favor of the knives. my ability to contain fire is rivaled only by the rest of the world.

Basically I am Homer:

Marge: I am going to go rehearse for the play.
    Homer: But Marge, what about dessert?
    Marge: For God’s sakes, you can pull the lid off your own can of pudding!
    Homer: Fine! I will! *breaks top off of pudding container by trying to open incorrectly* Oh no, my pudding is trapped forever. So I can open my own can of pudding, can I? Shows what you know, Marge. Mmmaaaaarge!!!!!

Far funnier to watch but I couldn't find a YT link that fit.