User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Results 21 to 30 of 39

  1. #21
    The Iron Giant
    Guest

    Default

    I know you're joking, but there's a valid argument here anyway, if it's kind of indirect. I think this is about archetypes. The male archetype is to hide your feelings and express only hate and emoting anger. Anything else you feel needs to be channeled through these, or we are in some way less masculine. This can even include being nice to our kids.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kayness View Post
    what if men actually wanted to talk about their emotions anyway but they feel like they can't because it's not socially acceptable to?
    ^^ like that.

    It reminds me of the Fi discussions: out of inexperience, verbal expression becomes difficult. So we learn as males to express our feelings through action, and in some cases, this can really cause problems for our relationships. When we're with someone who is emotional and we think we have a solution to the underlying cause, we think their emotional response is unproductive, because that's how we were raised. We say so... and that makes us invalidating.

    I think this can be changed through practice and attention, provided one wishes to do so. Typology has been one way I have worked on this in myself. I wouldn't call it a conspiracy in a negative way. If this changes people who want to be changed in a positive way, it's a good thing.

  2. #22
    Senior Member UniqueMixture's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp
    Posts
    3,038

    Default

    I think you mean Psychology
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

  3. #23
    Member COLORATURA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    82

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    I mean think about it, it were two woman who invented it !!

    Its all nothing more than a giant conspiracy theory we all fell victim to !
    Actually, the MBTI is based off of C.G. Jung's teachings. He was a student of Freud, but came up with the cognitive functions theory. MBTI just made it more accessible to common people.

    Nice try at a interesting theory, though! ;-)
    INTP
    5w4
    Phlegmatic

    http://www.spaceandmotion.com/

  4. #24
    & Badger, Ratty and Toad Mole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    18,529
    Quote Originally Posted by COLORATURA View Post
    Actually, the MBTI is based off of C.G. Jung's teachings. He was a student of Freud, but came up with the cognitive functions theory. MBTI just made it more accessible to common people.

    Nice try at a interesting theory, though! ;-)
    Mbti was plaigerised from Carl Jung's book, "Psychologische Typen" (Psychological Types).

    And according to Carl Jung himself, "Psychologische Typen", was based on no empirical evidence.

    And worse, mbti claims to be a personality test, yet in 75 years there has been not one random double blind experiment to test its validity and reliability.

    The fact is mbti is part of the New Age, like astrology or homeopathy, and appeals to the gullible and the vulnerable.

  5. #25
    resonance entropie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram
    783
    Posts
    16,761

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by COLORATURA View Post
    Actually, the MBTI is based off of C.G. Jung's teachings. He was a student of Freud, but came up with the cognitive functions theory. MBTI just made it more accessible to common people.

    Nice try at a interesting theory, though! ;-)
    I wasnt speaking for gay people who play the female role
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

  6. #26
    The High Priestess Amargith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi
    Posts
    14,657

    Default

    Ime, men find it a lot easier to express their feelings first physically.

    After that, they often are able to find the words if you nudge them gently.

    So:

    @Entropie

    ...what is it that is really bothering you, sweetheart?
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★





    "Harm none, do as ye will”

  7. #27
    Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    5,808

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    I remember a man was trying to run our group meeting in the best male rational style, and I was able to subvert the whole meeting by simply saying how I felt. And I said, "I am afraid".

    Fortunately there were a couple of feminists in the meeting who could immediately see that saying how I felt was a direct challenge to male domination.

    They started listening to my feeling and expessing their own feelings, and before long, the rational controlling male had lost control of the meeting.

    Of course he himself was afraid of losing control of his own feelings, and so to control his own feelings he tried to control the feelings of everyone in the group.

    But all we had to say was our own feelings to throw him into disarray.

    Whoopee!
    *Not sure if anecdote or convenient set-up for point*
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

    Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

  8. #28
    Senior Member Rex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    609

    Default

    "Mbti was invented to trick men into talking about their emotions"

    hehe.
    I rarely talk about feelings. I just can not do it. I have tried to write about it here a bit but it does not really give me anything so no point usually.
    Epic derailment:
    wierd memory work->Tamagochi->tetris->Starcraft2->thugs->Chess->german techno->Love parade->disaster->death..
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1wH2...eature=related

  9. #29
    The High Priestess Amargith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi
    Posts
    14,657

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rex View Post
    "Mbti was invented to trick men into talking about their emotions"

    hehe.
    I rarely talk about feelings. I just can not do it. I have tried to write about it here a bit but it does not really give me anything so no point usually.
    Find yourself an ENFP
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★





    "Harm none, do as ye will”

  10. #30
    Member COLORATURA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Posts
    82

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Mbti was plaigerised from Carl Jung's book, "Psychologische Typen" (Psychological Types).

    And according to Carl Jung himself, "Psychologische Typen", was based on no empirical evidence.

    And worse, mbti claims to be a personality test, yet in 75 years there has been not one random double blind experiment to test its validity and reliability.

    The fact is mbti is part of the New Age, like astrology or homeopathy, and appeals to the gullible and the vulnerable.
    Sure, if you say so. In my opinion, however, if the "common" person is trying to better themselves by reading MBTI which is AT LEAST based off of Carl Jung's studies (or plagiarized as you say), which I find myself to be VERY enlightening, I say cool...
    It may not be able to be proved "fact" by science, but in my opinion, alot of our "facts" are still only observed from a human perspective. I am not going to go into anything too deep, but people follow patterns just as the rest of the Universe does. This is probably one of the most accurate and accessible instruments in evaluating those patterns. It started my interest in understanding personalities, which led me to cognitive functions, and I have so much more understanding in my life thanks to this. As an INTP, understanding is what keeps me sane.

    Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    I wasnt speaking for gay people who play the female role
    Huh?
    INTP
    5w4
    Phlegmatic

    http://www.spaceandmotion.com/

Similar Threads

  1. Video: ENFP and ESFP sisters talking about their differences
    By highlander in forum Typology Videos and RSS Feeds
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-27-2014, 06:43 PM
  2. DAMN IT! I WANT TO HEAR FE USERS TALK ABOUT THEIR FE!
    By Lady_X in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 276
    Last Post: 08-30-2012, 12:38 PM
  3. [ENFP] Why do ENFPs on the forums always talk about their good qualities?
    By ISFPeaceOut in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 04-30-2011, 07:10 PM
  4. [ISFJ] ISFJs, what do you like to do for fun/talk about?
    By KarenParker in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-20-2010, 06:11 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO