User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: Anger/Hatred

WALMART

Default Anger/Hatred

As of late, the 'blinding' emotions have been of interest to me.

Have you felt anger recently?

It's a hard one for me to shake.

An even more interesting question to answer would be about hate... do you feel hatred towards anything?

Share what you'd like

In my experience, anger is often a dumping ground for other unspecified emotions. It is kind of the precipitate of stuffed and unmanaged feelings. So when enough "stuff" builds up, it surfaces as anger, which can then be difficult to shake because one has to figure out why one is angry...which generally means sorting through some of the "stuff."

Thinkers seem to be very prone to this since they don't always do feelings well, but even as a feeler, this happens to me occasionally.

figsfiggyfigs

Anger is constantly there. I is just smothered by other feelings. You don't have to hate something to feel anger towards it, nor feel anger towards something you hate.

I don't hate anything or anyone. Hatred requires a hefty emotional investment.
    As for anger—I can explode on someone, but I usually end up laughing at myself afterwards.
    If you can't laugh at yourself, you're a goner.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    I don't hate anything or anyone. Hatred requires a hefty emotional investment.
    As for anger—I can explode on someone, but I usually end up laughing at myself afterwards.
    If you can't laugh at yourself, you're a goner.
    Yep

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by jontherobot View Post
    As of late, the 'blinding' emotions have been of interest to me.

Have you felt anger recently?

It's a hard one for me to shake.

An even more interesting question to answer would be about hate... do you feel hatred towards anything?

Share what you'd like
    I feel flashes of anger every now and again. It takes a lot to get me to let it take over. I don't give myself permission to do that very often. I like being in control of myself. Usually when I do allow it, it's because I am already emotionally compromised by my circumstances and it's the "last straw" syndrome.

I hate many things but it usually transcends into a tepid apathy towards the object. It is frequently not worth the energy expenditure to vocalize or act upon such things.

P.S. My dear Ti friend, you forgot the blindness of love. That affects me more than I care to admit.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

The only person I've felt intense hatred towards is the only person I was deeply in love with. It's that fine line, I guess.

I think it's out of sacrificed and wounded pride, pretty primal and childish but I can't deny it.

Permabanned

Quote Originally Posted by Snuggletron View Post
    The only person I've felt intense hatred towards is the only person I was deeply in love with. It's that fine line, I guess.

I think it's out of sacrificed and wounded pride, pretty primal and childish but I can't deny it.
    isn't it the people who are close to us that hurt us the most?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    isn't it the people who are close to us that hurt us the most?

WALMART

Quote Originally Posted by YWIR View Post
    Anger is constantly there. I is just smothered by other feelings. You don't have to hate something to feel anger towards it, nor feel anger towards something you hate.

"Constant humming below the surface".

I'll never forget that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    I feel flashes of anger every now and again. It takes a lot to get me to let it take over. I don't give myself permission to do that very often. I like being in control of myself. Usually when I do allow it, it's because I am already emotionally compromised by my circumstances and it's the "last straw" syndrome.

I hate many things but it usually transcends into a tepid apathy towards the object. It is frequently not worth the energy expenditure to vocalize or act upon such things.

P.S. My dear Ti friend, you forgot the blindness of love. That affects me more than I care to admit.

Ah, you are progressing my thoughts faster than I would have alone, if I would have made that connection at all thank you. Love is indeed a blinding emotion...

I agree with things not being worth the energy. I've always been quick to temper, but usually quicker to let it go. I'm learning to absolve myself of the initial reaction altogether, though it's been fairly hard. I find myself hailing anger towards my brother more than I'd like. I've noticed, since coming to this site, most of it results from external feeling... I feel he does not adhere to 'social standards' and I let it get to me... I need to get over that quick, but it's been very difficult.

I actually just had the realization yesterday, and I suppose understanding is the key to progress.

Oh, and slow drivers. They are good practice, too.