User Tag List

123 Last

Results 1 to 10 of 39

Thread: Anger/Hatred

  1. #1
    WALMART
    Guest

    Default Anger/Hatred

    As of late, the 'blinding' emotions have been of interest to me.


    Have you felt anger recently?

    It's a hard one for me to shake.


    An even more interesting question to answer would be about hate... do you feel hatred towards anything?

    Share what you'd like

  2. #2

    Default

    In my experience, anger is often a dumping ground for other unspecified emotions. It is kind of the precipitate of stuffed and unmanaged feelings. So when enough "stuff" builds up, it surfaces as anger, which can then be difficult to shake because one has to figure out why one is angry...which generally means sorting through some of the "stuff."

    Thinkers seem to be very prone to this since they don't always do feelings well, but even as a feeler, this happens to me occasionally.

  3. #3
    figsfiggyfigs
    Guest

    Default

    Anger is constantly there. I is just smothered by other feelings. You don't have to hate something to feel anger towards it, nor feel anger towards something you hate.

  4. #4
    Senior Member Jaguar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    12,409

    Default

    I don't hate anything or anyone. Hatred requires a hefty emotional investment.
    As for anger—I can explode on someone, but I usually end up laughing at myself afterwards.
    If you can't laugh at yourself, you're a goner.

  5. #5
    Administrator highlander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni
    Posts
    17,896

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    I don't hate anything or anyone. Hatred requires a hefty emotional investment.
    As for anger—I can explode on someone, but I usually end up laughing at myself afterwards.
    If you can't laugh at yourself, you're a goner.
    Yep

    Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

    Tri-type 639

  6. #6
    Anew Leaf
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jontherobot View Post
    As of late, the 'blinding' emotions have been of interest to me.


    Have you felt anger recently?

    It's a hard one for me to shake.


    An even more interesting question to answer would be about hate... do you feel hatred towards anything?

    Share what you'd like
    I feel flashes of anger every now and again. It takes a lot to get me to let it take over. I don't give myself permission to do that very often. I like being in control of myself. Usually when I do allow it, it's because I am already emotionally compromised by my circumstances and it's the "last straw" syndrome.

    I hate many things but it usually transcends into a tepid apathy towards the object. It is frequently not worth the energy expenditure to vocalize or act upon such things.

    P.S. My dear Ti friend, you forgot the blindness of love. That affects me more than I care to admit.

  7. #7
    Reptilian Snuggletron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    10
    Posts
    2,233

    Default

    The only person I've felt intense hatred towards is the only person I was deeply in love with. It's that fine line, I guess.

    I think it's out of sacrificed and wounded pride, pretty primal and childish but I can't deny it.

  8. #8
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    4,338

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Snuggletron View Post
    The only person I've felt intense hatred towards is the only person I was deeply in love with. It's that fine line, I guess.

    I think it's out of sacrificed and wounded pride, pretty primal and childish but I can't deny it.
    isn't it the people who are close to us that hurt us the most?

  9. #9
    Reptilian Snuggletron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    10
    Posts
    2,233

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jixmixfix View Post
    isn't it the people who are close to us that hurt us the most?

  10. #10
    WALMART
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by YWIR View Post
    Anger is constantly there. I is just smothered by other feelings. You don't have to hate something to feel anger towards it, nor feel anger towards something you hate.

    "Constant humming below the surface".


    I'll never forget that one.



    Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    I feel flashes of anger every now and again. It takes a lot to get me to let it take over. I don't give myself permission to do that very often. I like being in control of myself. Usually when I do allow it, it's because I am already emotionally compromised by my circumstances and it's the "last straw" syndrome.

    I hate many things but it usually transcends into a tepid apathy towards the object. It is frequently not worth the energy expenditure to vocalize or act upon such things.

    P.S. My dear Ti friend, you forgot the blindness of love. That affects me more than I care to admit.

    Ah, you are progressing my thoughts faster than I would have alone, if I would have made that connection at all thank you. Love is indeed a blinding emotion...



    I agree with things not being worth the energy. I've always been quick to temper, but usually quicker to let it go. I'm learning to absolve myself of the initial reaction altogether, though it's been fairly hard. I find myself hailing anger towards my brother more than I'd like. I've noticed, since coming to this site, most of it results from external feeling... I feel he does not adhere to 'social standards' and I let it get to me... I need to get over that quick, but it's been very difficult.

    I actually just had the realization yesterday, and I suppose understanding is the key to progress.



    Oh, and slow drivers. They are good practice, too.

Similar Threads

  1. do you equate hatred with anger?
    By Trash Panda in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 07-31-2017, 05:07 AM
  2. [INFJ] INFJs - anger and upset?
    By Eileen in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 70
    Last Post: 05-06-2015, 09:28 AM
  3. Hatred- useful or poisonous?
    By Grayscale in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 125
    Last Post: 04-22-2009, 04:12 AM
  4. Anger
    By labyrinthine in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 68
    Last Post: 01-08-2008, 05:42 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO