User Tag List

First 234

Thread: Anger/Hatred

Sure, I've felt anger recently.

As far as hatred, it takes a lot for me to hate someone but when I do, it doesn't get forgotten. Around four years ago, someone did me some serious dirt. I ended up putting away the hatred for years, forgetting about it most of the time. Recently an opportunity to stick a knife into him (not from behind but face to face, including his superior) came available. I took it and he was fired. I don't seek opportunity to do dirt but know that sooner or later, an opportunity will present itself if I'm patient.

MBTI
    INFJ

I try not to let anger or hate stick around.

I become totally misanthropic if I do. If someone gave me an 'eliminate the human race' button during one of those times, I would actually press it, emphatically. I'm not even kidding.

So it's best to stay out of that. Just in case I do get hold of an end-the-world button. Never know when one will come around.

Quote Originally Posted by sprinkles View Post
    I try not to let anger or hate stick around.

I become totally misanthropic if I do. If someone gave me an 'eliminate the human race' button during one of those times, I would actually press it, emphatically. I'm not even kidding.

So it's best to stay out of that. Just in case I do get hold of an end-the-world button. Never know when one will come around.
    I can't quite decide if that answer just earned my support for the "Sprinkles for President"campaign, or if I should be worried...

MBTI
    IsFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    Yeah. There's a model based on that. @Mia. told me about it a couple of days ago.

Just found this:

http://www.9types.com/type5board/messages/2255.html
    There are other interesting models there.
    That's more or less the gut-heart-head triad thing, isn't it? Heart = self-image/shame issues, Head = fear/anxiety issues and Gut/Body = anger issues.
    Tentative typing: ISFJ 6w5 or 9w1 (Sp/S[?]).

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

^Exactly.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    2 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Biaxident View Post
    Yes. As DB said, it's always there. Smoldering, just waiting to explode into flame.

And for most of my life I've kept it hidden away, till it would explode like Krakatoa.

Anger's like a flower of fire shooting through the ground and when I embrace it and slide down in it there usually is something of value that I needed to see at the bottom.

But frustration is frustrating. Not always I can touch it exactly and it feels like I'm blind and trying to find that flower on the ground by sweeping my hands aimlessly.

And sometimes there is nothing I can do no matter how hard I search for the flower. I guess it's about being patient with myself. It's tough.

Hatred might come in case I can't find that flower or when there is nothing I can do about the problem in the outer reality. Acceptance of helplessness is hard for me. Makes it easier to feel hateful.

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    FWIW, there's a lot in type Ones that is shared by Fours, and loads of INFPs are Fours. @<a href="http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/member.php?u=13402" target="_blank">Saturned</a> and I have a lot in common when it comes to this sort of thing, and she's an INFP 4 while I'm an ESTJ 1.

How do you usually type, with the Enneagram?
    I self-typed as 4w3. I could see myself as 3w4 as well. I'm not sure if it's 4 connection 1 or tritype or you know just a human thing. Oh yea, there's the whole ESTJ shadow to the INFP. These theories go in circles!

I think the origins of my anger went something like this:

garbage

Anger isn't exactly my thing. If I feel myself getting angry, I try to examine what's causing it--be it frustration, fear, or hurt--and deal with that ASAP.

When I get angry, it's due to frustration. Tension (often, restlessness) is part of my natural state of being much of the time. It can lead to frustration when, in some situation or another, it feels like I'm ready to act and the rest of the world isn't.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Based on this thread? Nines, Ones, and Eights. Which makes sense theoretically.

I thought it was interesting that @YWIR and @DiscoBiscuit -- both Eights -- responded that they're essentially always angry, to some degree, i.e. that the anger is always there somewhere. I think I might agree with that, though, as I said before, I'm not sure where the line is between annoyed and angry, in terms of interpreting my own thoughts.
    Yeah. I know a lot of 1s IRL (not too many 8s, actually...mostly just pathetic 4s and 3s who desperately want to convince people they're like an 8) and they are pretty intense. Ones are especially tricky because they seem cool-headed, but it actually takes very little to work them into hysterics.

As kids, they were the ones who provided the most entertainment value to their classmates because they had hair-trigger tempers and got irritated over the littlest things .
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness