First 1234 Last

Thread: Anger/Hatred

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

No, I feel like I manufacture most of my anger. That is, I think the intensity of my anger is...duller than a lot of other people's, and so if I'm in a situation where I'm supposed to be angry in order to send a message across to another person, I dramatize it verbally. Otherwise it would come out lukewarm, like my actual feelings. Irritation is as far as I get.

Also, I've never felt hatred.

Who has the energy for the intensity that anger and hatred require? I sure don't.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    Who has the energy for the intensity that anger and hatred require?
    Based on this thread? Nines, Ones, and Eights. Which makes sense theoretically.

I thought it was interesting that @YWIR and @DiscoBiscuit -- both Eights -- responded that they're essentially always angry, to some degree, i.e. that the anger is always there somewhere. I think I might agree with that, though, as I said before, I'm not sure where the line is between annoyed and angry, in terms of interpreting my own thoughts.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I constantly feel annoyed, sometimes frustrated. I usually don't allow myself to get worked up about this because I think that energy is better channeled into something else, and I don't want to be brought down to that level. Like, I don't want to join the person's anger.

"I'm going to keep it together, because I'm too good for this shit."

It ruins my mood and I'm not going to let just another human being ruin it.
    C#2-C#5-F#5
    3 octaves, 2 notes and 1 semitone
    Supported range: F#2-F#4-C#5

it's more like... there's always a storm brewing.
    ready to bubble over. it takes less than a millisecond
    to get to angry mmhmm. so it's very accessible,
    but at the same, very, very few things make me angry.
    and if i'm truly angry, there'll be absolutely no display
    of emotion, i always think i can't give in to showing
    how angry i am, i can't give away that satisfaction.
    i will only attack quietly and dismantle the shit so fast they
    have no idea what's happening as everything collapses
    while i turn on britney spears and make it the soundtrack
    to their defeat.

however, i complain a lot, and more often than not,
    people would take that as me being angry. i'm not.
    i just like to bitch. a lot. and then be mean to the
    things i think are stupid. because it makes me
    laugh.
    every normal man must be tempted, at times,
    to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag,
    and begin slitting throats.
    h.l. mencken

WALMART

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post

Since all our goals are a form of relative peace, or destroying the peace?

You should expound this theory for me =D

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Sure @jontherobot:

I was thinking that all three types have anger issues, because there's so much that can make them angry. Nines force themselves to not be mad because anger disrupts their balance, Ones try to make it look like they're never mad when they always are (because there's so much imperfection to get mad about, in the world), and Eights are so passionately driven that any attempt to stand in their way can lead to anger.

Your theory is very interesting, though. Is that something you've seen in Ones? I tend to veer between extremes when it comes to conflict, i.e. either I avoid it like the plague or I seek it out when I feel like it's necessary. I had attributed that to the 6 in my tritype, before.

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"

Sure @jontherobot:

I was thinking that all three types have anger issues, because there's so much that can make them angry. Nines force themselves to not be mad because anger disrupts their balance, Ones try to make it look like they're never mad when they always are (because there's so much imperfection to get mad about, in the world), and Eights are so passionately driven that any attempt to stand in their way can lead to anger.

Your theory is very interesting, though. Is that something you've seen in Ones? I tend to veer between extremes when it comes to conflict, i.e. either I avoid it like the plague or I seek it out when I feel like it's necessary. I had attributed that to the 6 in my tritype, before.
    Based on what you described, my anger is very 1-like. Actually while reading stuff on the enneagram, I was quite shocked at how many buzzwords there were in e1 that were normally associated with INFP. In theory it sounds like INFP and e1 would be common, but that doesn't seem to be the case in practice. Go figure.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    Based on what you described, my anger is very 1-like. Actually while reading stuff on the enneagram, I was quite shocked at how many buzzwords there were in e1 that were normally associated with INFP. In theory it sounds like INFP and e1 would be common, but that doesn't seem to be the case in practice. Go figure.
    FWIW, there's a lot in type Ones that is shared by Fours, and loads of INFPs are Fours. @Saturned and I have a lot in common when it comes to this sort of thing, and she's an INFP 4 while I'm an ESTJ 1.

How do you usually type, with the Enneagram?

WALMART

Yes, good analysis @EJCC.

That's pretty much exactly what I was getting at... actually I don't know if I can say it better lol. Our thoughts coincide.

For Eights, Nines and Ones we are all in a similar vein of externally focused living, where our ideals rule the existence we are subject to. Most likely to have our toes stepped on, ya know?

As opposed to Sevens, Sixes and Twos who focus on a combination of ambiverted ideals, and Fives Fours and Threes that are pretty much internally driven.

Though to answer your question directly, I have not been around many people I'd type as one... and never really noticed anyone here on the forum who I've consciously paid attention to. So I cannot answer your question.

It's funny, it even corresponds to the Ennegram chart of types =P

http://www.enneagraminstitute.com/

Also, all this could be BS, I'm kinda making it up as I go along.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Yeah. There's a model based on that. @Mia. told me about it a couple of days ago.

Just found this:
    : BASE MOTIVATION
    : fear 567
    : anger 891
    : self/internal image 234

widest isosceles triangles (or adjascents)

base motivation is the primary drive that gives rise to all of a personality type's other triats and desires. often, it is something that is cleverly hidden from ourselves and others, as a defense mechanism. ie, it could be that a 5 would appear to not be "afraid" persay, (and certainly 45s appear unconcerned with their image from time to time to the untrained eye), but it's really what's going on behind the scenes. the fire that's burning behind the pistons in our mental engine. everything that's built up is built on this foundation.

5, 6, 7, fear
    this could also be called "external concern" because it's really more specific than just fear. it's fear of destruction by the frightening world, in some way or another. 5s alleviate this fear by intellect (omniscience), 6es by organizing their tribe into strength and presenting a unified front agains the "them", 7s by consuming and becoming so great that they are bigger and stronger than those around them. what they find frightening, and what they feel must be done about it, varies from type to type.

2, 3, 4, self-image
    they are fundamentally concerned with how they appear to themselves. (the "self" part is really the key here, because the 297 triad is concerned with another sort of image; a common point of confusion between 3s and 7s, and 9s and 2s.) they want to see themselves as "good". for 4s, this is the typical identity stuff that they have. 2s, this is the cause of their need to give-they see giving of oneself as being a good person.

891 anger
    all of what these types do is fueled by anger. this is also sometimes called the action triad, because they are concerned with shifts in the world. however, i prefer anger, because they also are primarily concerned with how *anger* affects these shifts. 8s use anger to control their world, 1s are angry that the world does not conform to perfection, 9s seek to avoid and prevent anger (as it is the destructor of their serenity.) tho 9s repress anger, they are in the anger triad, because everything they do is fundamentally tied to the way in which this repression phenomenon works.
    http://www.9types.com/type5board/messages/2255.html
    There are other interesting models there.