User Tag List

MBTI
    ISTx

Default Parent buying a mini keychain spycam...

So I'm currently staying at my parent's and went to get the mail today. My dad got a package from China and the contents of the package were printed on it "Mini Key Chain DV Spy Motion Detection Camera Hidden DVR Camcorder". My dad is a good dude, God fearing, church going, etc. and not a pervert (that I know of), but have no idea why he would get one of these. I just gave it to him and walked away... Didn't ask any questions or say anything. Googling it, it appears to look like one of those car remotes, with the lock/unlock button to mask what it is.

This is going to bug me.

Quote Originally Posted by swordpath View Post
    So I'm currently staying at my parent's and went to get the mail today. My dad got a package from China and the contents of the package were printed on it "Mini Key Chain DV Spy Motion Detection Camera Hidden DVR Camcorder". My dad is a good dude, God fearing, church going, etc. and not a pervert (that I know of), but have no idea why he would get one of these. I just gave it to him and walked away... Didn't ask any questions or say anything. Googling it, it appears to look like one of those car remotes, with the lock/unlock button to mask what it is.

This is going to bug me.
    It may be masked for "spy-like" purposes, but it may just be the small size and portability he likes. I've heard of people carrying those on their keychains in the event of emergencies, car accidents, recording things for insurance purposes etc.
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

MBTI
    ISTx

Yeah could be, but he has a smart phone which he carries most places with him. He uses it as a camera and video camera from time to time so why would he need a concealed key chain cam?

Yeah could be, but he has a smart phone which he carries most places with him. He uses it as a camera and video camera from time to time so why would he need a concealed key chain cam?
    Hrm, that is odd then. Does it feel too weird to ask?
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2

Easy. Entrapment. I would ask "Who?"

Just remember, he didn't mind it coming to his residence. Does he use a carwash service? Did they steal his change or change his station?

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by iwakar View Post
    Hrm, that is odd then. Does it feel too weird to ask?
    Kind of. If I were to do that, I should have asked when I gave it to him.

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by Working On It View Post
    Easy. Entrapment. I would ask "Who?"

Just remember, he didn't mind it coming to his residence. Does he use a carwash service? Did they steal his change or change his station?
    I thought of this, trying to think of if there was something legitimate he was trying to "catch", but I don't know of anything/anyone.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2

I thought of this, trying to think of if there was something legitimate he was trying to "catch", but I don't know of anything/anyone.
    Just ask as Iwakar suggested. Something tells me he doesn't care if you know. Might be an opportunity for some parent/child bonding. If it was home sensitive most people would have it sent to the office.

MBTI
    ISTx

Quote Originally Posted by Working On It View Post
    Just ask as Iwakar suggested. Something tells me he doesn't care if you know. Might be an opportunity for some parent/child bonding. If it was home sensitive most people would have it sent to the office.
    My dad works from home. hah

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2

My dad works from home. hah
    LOL! He's going to catch you! Or stress you! LOL!