User Tag List

First 123

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

I feel like a minority where I currently live -- culturally speaking, not ethnically speaking. At my university, I'm surrounded by people whose families are in the upper echelons of society, who are upwardly mobile in a social sense and always status-climbing, with jobs and with friends. It's a very power-driven culture, very uptight, very calculating. And speaking as someone from the Rockies, from a town of 65k people, who needs quite a bit of financial aid to attend this university, it was a huge culture shock when I arrived. Everyone wore the same clothes! You'd see four girls walking down the street with the same haircut and the same outfit. Surreal, man.

So, in terms of socioeconomic class, I absolutely feel like a minority. But I could never, ever presume to feel like an ethnic minority. Not in America, anyway, no matter where I was living regionally.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    STP

Hawaiian is a a minority almost everywhere. Strangely even some people I knew who were in the KKK accepted me...because Hawaiian is cool...LMAO. They hadnt been fully trained yet apparently.

edit: I always feel like a minority based on who I am. Its just something I have come to accept with in a Love/Hate kind of way
    Im out, its been fun

F CK all I need is U ilikeitlikethat's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    OMG YOU HAVE UNICORN CLEANERS THERE!!!!! I HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR A PLACE THAT WILL WASH MY FLOCK OF UNICORNS SO THEY LOOK FRESH AND CLEAN FOR THEIR DELIVERIES.

These business names kind of amuse me.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    I feel like a minority where I currently live -- culturally speaking, not ethnically speaking. At my university, I'm surrounded by people whose families are in the upper echelons of society, who are upwardly mobile in a social sense and always status-climbing, with jobs and with friends. It's a very power-driven culture, very uptight, very calculating. And speaking as someone from the Rockies, from a town of 65k people, who needs quite a bit of financial aid to attend this university, it was a huge culture shock when I arrived. Everyone wore the same clothes! You'd see four girls walking down the street with the same haircut and the same outfit. Surreal, man.
    I just couldn't pass up the opportunity to play some Rush.

1w2-6w5-3w2 so/sp

"I took one those personality tests. It came back negative." - Dan Mintz