Fears that don't stop me in my tracks:
- I fear drowning. I'm a really good swimmer as a result lol.
- I'm scared of fire. I dislike starting fires in the fireplace, although I like them once they are there. I can put another log in, but I don't like stirring it. I really hate lighters--I always use those old lady ones with the long necks. I like the way fire looks though. The heat is comforting. But I associate hot grease from cooking with fire, and I am scared of that as well. I have trouble removing things from the oven--I have to talk myself into it and then move like it's a critical part of Jenga.
- My own imagination scares me at times. It will play tricks on me, or make something out of nothing, and I'll end up running down a hall to catch up with friends, or to get out of a place, or to get into a move public place from a secluded one.
- Spiders don't scare me, but having visitors show up in my personal space without my noticing until they're close will make me jump.
- Electricity is scary to me. Or, rather, the thought of being electrocuted scares me. I LOVE lightning and think it is so lovely, but I'll be so weary from fear after watching it that I'll need to settle down for a while.
Things that stop me in my tracks:
- Heights. I like heights, it has to be a subconscious thing.. I don't know why I am so scared of them, but I panic like crazy just from a small amount of height. I never understood what is so scary about it to me. I'd like to enjoy things like flying in planes, and going to the top of buildings, because the scenery is so lovely. But I have trouble with it.
- Chloroform. I know this one sounds really stupid.. but any sort of 'knock-out' agent scares me to death. That gas doctors give you to fall asleep, I've never had it.. I had local numbing agents to take my wisdom teeth out from sheer fear of them. Chloroform and anything else like it scares me stupid. The thought of blacking out in general is terrifying to me. I dislike drinking heavily for that reason as well.