User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by jontherobot View Post
    That sounds like an interesting topic, I wish we had the luxury of interpersonal communication. I enjoy stories such as this.

You are lucky to be you. I wanna patent myself, someday.

And she'd been right, since.
    One must always be vigilant against the onslaught of cloning. I mean, if the Republic had been, then we wouldn't have had to deal with Luke whining for 4 hours before having something real to whine about.

WALMART

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    One must always be vigilant against the onslaught of cloning. I mean, if the Republic had been, then we wouldn't have had to deal with Luke whining for 4 hours before having something real to whine about.

I feel like this is a form of blasphemy, and I cannot decide whether or not to overlook your blatent disregard for Lucasism.

Anew Leaf

I feel like this is a form of blasphemy, and I cannot decide whether or not to overlook your blatent disregard for Lucasism.
    You do remember the scene in ATOTC wherein Anakin hits on Padme with the amazing pick-up line of "I don't like sand, it's coarse and irritating... unlike your skin" and that it WORKS? This is a sign of a mind deranged.

Or the fact that he attempts to create a love triangle between siblings and an extremely attractive pirate. Spoiler alert: Women prefer pirates over brothers at a rate of 100 to 1.

I rest my case.

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

The internalised monologue of my mind which, like all minds, is secretly filled to the brim with the importance of self.

All conscious beings must have it or else face the wrath of sudden realisations about ones own insignificance.

In the words of Calvin from Calvin and Hobbes:

"IM SIGNIFICANT......screamed the dust spec"

That and...yknow I make jokes from time to time.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

WALMART

You do remember the scene in ATOTC wherein Anakin hits on Padme with the amazing pick-up line of "I don't like sand, it's coarse and irritating... unlike your skin" and that it WORKS? This is a sign of a mind deranged.

Or the fact that he attempts to create a love triangle between siblings and an extremely attractive pirate. Spoiler alert: Women prefer pirates over brothers at a rate of 100 to 1.

I rest my case.

First of all: Padme harbors a love for Anakin at that point which is unrivaled in all of the stars.

He carved a fucking talisman made of japor wood for fuck's sake. Could any girl turn down a hand carved talisman?

Second: Han Solo was a wild card. Anakin, even with insurmountable knowledge of the force, could not have seen such a piece coming into the puzzle. Can't fault him.

Anew Leaf

First of all: Padme harbors a love for Anakin at that point which is unrivaled in all of the stars.

He carved a fucking talisman made of japor wood for fuck's sake. Could any girl turn down a hand carved talisman?

Second: Han Solo was a wild card. Anakin, even with insurmountable knowledge of the force, could not have seen such a piece coming into the puzzle. Can't fault him.
    First of all, she calls him "Annie." Pro-tip: If a girl gives you a nickname that is the name of a girl, she has friend-zoned you. Unless you are living in a Lucasian dream world in which case it somehow means "AMGS YOU WILL TOTALLY SEE ME NAKED OFF SCREEN SOMETIME SO WE CAN MAKE BABIES WHO WANT TO SLEEP WITH EACH OTHER." *cues banjo music*

Second of all, Han Solo was clearly not a wildcard considering how painfully Lucas tries to construct the small world of an Empire that stretches across an entire galaxy. Can't have Kusheth without inserting Chewbacca in there. Because apparently this species has like 20 members. Can't have a protocol droid in the 4th, 5th, and 6th films without having it be that the dark lord of the sith invented him in the first film. Because clearly we see how rare these droids are. So I posit that Han Solo was deliberately placed in order to quell the uprising of the South in response to a film that promotes the special kind of love that stays just in a family...

:TEA:

WALMART

First of all, she calls him "Annie." Pro-tip: If a girl gives you a nickname that is the name of a girl, she has friend-zoned you. Unless you are living in a Lucasian dream world in which case it somehow means "AMGS YOU WILL TOTALLY SEE ME NAKED OFF SCREEN SOMETIME SO WE CAN MAKE BABIES WHO WANT TO SLEEP WITH EACH OTHER." *cues banjo music*

Second of all, Han Solo was clearly not a wildcard considering how painfully Lucas tries to construct the small world of an Empire that stretches across an entire galaxy. Can't have Kusheth without inserting Chewbacca in there. Because apparently this species has like 20 members. Can't have a protocol droid in the 4th, 5th, and 6th films without having it be that the dark lord of the sith invented him in the first film. Because clearly we see how rare these droids are. So I posit that Han Solo was deliberately placed in order to quell the uprising of the South in response to a film that promotes the special kind of love that stays just in a family...

:TEA:

Oh Saturned, how little faith ye possess regarding Ka and the will of the universe.

Really, I'm just a star wars nerd, and offended you would take these criticisms so far as to undermine the literary structure of such a noble threading of narrative.

Anew Leaf

Oh Saturned, how little faith ye possess regarding Ka and the will of the universe.

Really, I'm just a star wars nerd, and offended you would take these criticisms so far as to undermine the literary structure of such a noble threading of narrative.
    Translation: I have nothing to respond to your extremely illuminating and insightful post so I shall try the concept of "the best defense is a good offense" which will be completely made useless by the fact that I call Lucas' writing both "noble" and "literary."

WALMART

Translation: I have nothing to respond to your extremely illuminating and insightful post so I shall try the concept of "the best defense is a good offense" which will be completely made useless by the fact that I call Lucas' writing both "noble" and "literary."

Ugh, I had so much written, such as Obi being Luke's safeguard, and both Chewbacca and R2-D2 being republic spies!

It all makes sense if you believe.... faith in the force, you lack.

Anew Leaf

Ugh, I had so much written, such as Obi being Luke's safeguard, and both Chewbacca and R2-D2 being republic spies!

It all makes sense if you believe.... faith in the force, you lack.
    Yes, thank you for furthering the evidence that Han Solo was NOT a wild-card but an entity who's very purpose was controlled by Lucas from the outset.

It all makes sense if you believe... faith in logic, you lack.

:tea: