MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

Quote Originally Posted by chana View Post
    will I ever go back?
    If you can find anyone who accepts and understands ALL of you, pretty and ugly, then take them on your team. If they are Avatar-black or another shade, does it truly matter?
    I N V I C T U S

Ginkgo

Dear Black Dude,

Based on your understanding of cultural attitudes toward ethnicity and your own attitude toward ethnicity, if you were to wake up tomorrow belonging to a different race, what race would you prefer?

F CK all I need is U ilikeitlikethat's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Thursday View Post
    There is this theory that we choose our parents. I concede to this one, sense it's about individual choice and personal accountability and all.
    Yeah, that was a rhetorical question, sorry about that... I think, one of the greatest equalisers we all have apart from the grave is that, no one, me, you, or anyone, choose to be born; so, whatever, racism, class system, ect... No one asked to be born; That's what I think makes us all the same.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

Quote Originally Posted by ilikeitlikethat View Post
    Yeah, that was a rhetorical question, sorry about that... I think, one of the greatest equalisers we all have apart from the grave is that, no one, me, you, or anyone, choose to be born; so, whatever, racism, class system, ect... No one asked to be born, that's what I think makes us all the same.
    True, but we make the constant choice to live, so that pacifies the choice that was made for us. That's just as good.
    I N V I C T U S

MBTI
    xNTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Thursday View Post
    True, but we make the constant choice to live, so that pacifies the choice that was made for us. That's just as good.
    Yeah but at the end of the day, no one chose to be born.

So the fact that we have labels for each other and some judge others on that, is a bit pointless, I think; It's like no one chose to be born, so why am I going to say I'm better than you or worse than you for being born a certain way? It just makes no sense and all these things, are taught to us.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    Dear Black Dude,

Based on your understanding of cultural attitudes toward ethnicity and your own attitude toward ethnicity, if you were to wake up tomorrow belonging to a different race, what race would you prefer?
    I wouldn't. Being "black" has offered a multitude of hard-ships, true, but the benefits also outweigh the perceptions of my "racial-flaws." For one thing, people who want to get to know me-for-me are rare, but people interested in my race and the stereotypes stick out like a sore thumb. The weeding out of quality people from the other nitwits and underdeveloped folks is much easier in my experience.
    I N V I C T U S

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

Quote Originally Posted by ilikeitlikethat View Post
    Yeah but at the end of the day, no one chose to be born.

So the fact that we have labels for each other and some judge others on that, is a bit pointless, I think.
    It is counter-productive, but that is a trap for simple minds. I for one don't judge on race, but I discern with a swift brutality whether or not someone readily accepts those labels and those judgements as a handbook on how to live.
    I N V I C T U S

MBTI
    xNTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so

Well the way I see it is, from the Queen of England to that starving third world child who'se in pain and is gonna die; No one chose to be born and; the fact that we're all here and still wish to give others a hard time or an easy ride, is so unfair. True, you've got to make the most of what you've got but how is that fair? I never chose to be born and yet here I am, stuck in a world with rules and the way things is.

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Nice thread.

You and I seem to share a similar way of thought.

I would be willing to say that you actually seem second tier.

Some questions on racial/sexual relations:

• If a white man sees a black dude with a white woman, depending on his worldview, he might be bothered by it. I am not a racist at all (I've been determinedly anti-racist since I was extremely young [although, I am also determinedly anti-PC, and willing to consider, believe, and discuss genuine differences between cultures, races, genders, etc.]), so, unlike white men who may suffer from some degree of racism towards black people, it does not bother me to see a black man with a white woman. However, it may bother me to see a black man with a white woman, if it seems the reason why the black man is with the white woman is to piss off white people (i.e., there exists an antagonism inherent in his reasoning for wanting to be with a white woman), or that the white woman might have some such similar designs (i.e., piss off her racist dad, or something [although, this is a somewhat different issue, and my feelings towards the various phenomena vary, depending on their qualities]). How do you feel about black men dating white women? Do you think the distinction I have delineated exists? (i.e., that some black men date white women, in part, with an antagonistic [or even vengeful -- "fuck the white man"] motivations, while others date white women without such motivations [realistically, these characterizations should probably be put on a spectrum, from 1-100, not a simple dichotomy]) If it does exist, do you think white men would rightfully be annoyed/upset/frustrated/angered by it, with the justification of such sentiments increasing with the greater degree to which it does exist? If it does exist, how do you feel about this phenomenon (both [some] black men having these motivations, and [some] white men's reactions to them)? If you could, how would you characterize black peoples' feelings towards this phenomenon? Do you think it will ever go away?

• How do you feel about white men dating black women?

MBTI
    xNTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so

What do you think of the UK?

'Because you're a black dude doesn't mean every question has to be about race.' Right?