123 Last

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Default Are You a Grudge Holder?

Are you someone who can't let go of things, or are you able/willing to let bygones be bygones

Also, what type(s) are likely to be grudge holders?

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

I usually cannot let go of things...tis true

MBTI
    INFJ

I used to be an epic grudge holder but I grew out of it.

Now it's hard to stay mad at anyone.

I never used to be. I am now. What changed? I'm not sure.

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp
    Socionics
    LII

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerlily View Post
    Are you someone who can't let go of things, or are you able/willing to let bygones be bygones?
    I'm aware of it. I'm aware that NOT letting go via forgiveness only hurts oneself. It's really an ego problem and that, I suspect, is the key to working through it. Sometimes I can, sometimes I can't. Small things I can let go of easily. Bigger things take a bit more work but I can get there in the end. Something like a lost relationship can take an eternity.
    Cognitive functions:
    Fi (95%); Ti (90%); Ne (75%); Fe (60%); Ni (50%); Si (50%); Te (15%); Se (5%)

"INFP values but INTP skills" describes me best of all
    Likes DulcetRefrain liked this post

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Quote Originally Posted by zelo1954 View Post
    I'm aware of it. I'm aware that NOT letting go via forgiveness only hurts oneself. It's really an ego problem and that, I suspect, is the key to working through it. Sometimes I can, sometimes I can't. Small things I can let go of easily. Bigger things take a bit more work but I can get there in the end. Something like a lost relationship can take an eternity.
    I agree with grudge holding being an ego thing, but I wonder, can it also be an extreme lack of communication? Although, I would think if the relationship were worth "saving", someone would speak up, no?

Personally, I think life's too short to hold grudges, but someone has to make the first move, and I feel as though that person is always me.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Lol, far from it. It's hard enough to remember bad things people have done upon recollection, much less keeping it in the back of my mind until I feel vengeance has been wreaked.

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by zelo1954 View Post
    This reflects how I operate, more or less. I let little things go more easily than most people, I think (and I've had feedback to that effect.) On the other hand, there are people who have badly hurt my feelings or caused real damage in some way who I have literally never forgiven. That usually involves feeling more or less active hostility toward them for months or years, and eventually it settles into a kind of neutral indifference tinged with dislike. At that point I still don't want them back in my life.

So yeah. I kind of am a grudge holder or I have been in a big way on some occasions. It does cause damage. Perhaps it can help you protect yourself from toxic people up to a point, but with those very occasional, really extreme cases it goes too far and can really hurt me. It also goes against my principles. I haven't found the solution, yet.
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by SilkRoad View Post
    This reflects how I operate, more or less. I let little things go more easily than most people, I think (and I've had feedback to that effect.) On the other hand, there are people who have badly hurt my feelings or caused real damage in some way who I have literally never forgiven. That usually involves feeling more or less active hostility toward them for months or years, and eventually it settles into a kind of neutral indifference tinged with dislike. At that point I still don't want them back in my life.

So yeah. I kind of am a grudge holder or I have been in a big way on some occasions. It does cause damage. Perhaps it can help you protect yourself from toxic people up to a point, but with those very occasional, really extreme cases it goes too far and can really hurt me. It also goes against my principles. I haven't found the solution, yet.
    Same here.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

WALMART

No. Things happen rarely I cannot understand, and understanding is peace.

Perhaps I haven't been burnt hard enough.

I do have temporary lapses of anger I have not learned to shake, though.