User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

Default Why Do You Go On This Forum?

I probably started something like this a long while ago, but maybe for a different reason. I was reading a discussion about how long it would take people here to miss you if you died and then people talking about others who had not been actively posting probably just getting a life of their own and getting too busy to waste time here.

Which led me to think why I spend time here. I'll go into that more later.

A forum like this has the potential to be a destructive force (takes time away from others who need it, means of avoiding unpleasant tasks or cultivating real life support system) or it could be an incredible wealth of support (source of information, clues to interacting with others more effectively, encouragement during times of feeling isolated, stimulating thinking) or maybe it's just benign - good in its place.

Most people come here in some time of crisis, trying to understand someone close to them. However, most of the people that have been here long term have ended up staying for the social aspect of it.

So, why do you come here and what kind of impact do you think it's had on your life? (Good, bad or indifferent?) If you have been here for a longer time, what has made you stay?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

I come because I like the conversations... There's always something interesting for me to learn and to think about.

Which is due to the people here

I initially came to find out if I was infp or enfp and really enjoyed learning more mbti in the process.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Riva

It's the people.

ndovjtjcaqidthi

I don't have much else to do.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Mostly to keep in touch with people I already know at this point.

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

I just come on when im bored.

If im busy I dont bother at all, I just do what needs doing. Ive never understood how people get 'sucked' into things.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Because it's my only shared social sphere with @mmhmm, and the gossip is tremendous.

However initially it was for greater personal understanding and all that jazz.

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Some discussions become deep and analytical - especially when people like Jennifer, you-fidelia, and a number of others get involved. It is also a place to discuss rather sensitive psychological topics that I don't tend to talk about irl. The anonymity combined with some highly analytical posters creates an opportunity I don't find elsewhere.

Also, this might sound funny, but even though I have my doubts about MBTI and a personal "identity" as an INFJ, I really like many posters here and as a group the INFJs like @casadeco, @fidelia, @faith, @cafe, (edit: @Tigerlily ) and others who really take care to write meaningful posts. I also like some of the NT analysis.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    649 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    I come because I like the conversations... There's always something interesting for me to learn and to think about.

Which is due to the people here

I initially came to find out if I was infp or enfp and really enjoyed learning more mbti in the process.
    This mirrors my reasoning/feelings/thoughts fairly well, except I came to find out if I was INTP or INFP, and well... I haven't been here quite as long either.

Anew Leaf

I initially arrived as a messenger from the sky.

But I decided to stay as a firefly.

The End.