that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

It helps me see reflections of myself that I would not have access to otherwise.
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

I started due to going through a particularly bad emotional crisis that lead me to re-examine the idea of personality. Many people on the forum helped me through this period.

I don't post nearly as often as I used to, however, I feel a certain sense of kinship with people on this forum because of this experience.

Many who were regulars have left, as more leave, I will have less and less incentive to post more.

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

Quote Originally Posted by ygolo View Post
    I started due to going through a particularly bad emotional crisis that lead me to re-examine the idea of personality. Many people on the forum helped me through this period.

I don't post nearly as often as I used to, however, I feel a certain sense of kinship with people on this forum because of this experience.

Many who were regulars have left, as more leave, I will have less and less incentive to post more.
    I know that feeling, ygolo. Sad to hear I will see your posts less often.
    Dirt Farmer

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I came here trying to understand a certain INFP.
    Almost four years later I'm still trying to understand the same INFP.

Of course, I like all the different points of view from different posters too...
    4w5 sp/sx EII

F CK all I need is U ilikeitlikethat's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so

Because I'm an INTP and I figure... This is the only forum that'll let me be me and that; the only common interest we have is personality types and traits and I'm like; what you see is what you get with my posts and, self; when I want to be. Besides, you guys allow videos and have such a generous grace period for editing a post before the edit time gets added; All good.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Typology is a hobby for me. It is interesting, fun and I believe practically useful. So, no crisis brought me her or keeps me here. I just discovered this place where everybody was talking about stuff I had been really interested in for years.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

Senior Member Survive & Stay Free's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    9 so/sx

I always visited forums, this one is about psychology and typology, I was more familiar with enneagram than MBTI when I first visited.

Anyway, I created a profile and didnt visit because there was a lot of nastiness and trolling going on, after some time had elapsed a visited again and it seemed to have stopped, I could tell other things had happened too because there was stuff about people deliberately trying to get banned and stuff like that and I figured maybe the group had gone through its storming, norming and forming stages. So I decided to give posting a go because I like the way the forum is structured and laid out.

Its sort of compulsive, I've two or three times sworn off visiting altogether, because people have stopped showing up or because of my share of attention from people who're trolling or playing their own personal game of thrones drama out but I usually wind up posting again when I'm in good form again. There's a lot of people here who, despite it being a superficial, online kind of connection I like their virtual company or they've posted stuff on the forum, PMed, repped or visitor messaged something interesting which has made me think.

MBTI
    ISFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

I first started coming to this board when I got into MBTI some time ago. There weren't (and still aren't) very many ISFJs so I've always felt like I was part of some exclusive club or something being among them.

Since then, I've come to find the booping-and-beeping of the forums and the conversations and the dialogue between the various individuals to become as much a furnishing of my day as my breakfast. Which is kind of strange given that while I have met many cool and interesting people that I admire very much, I've never met any of them in real life and wouldn't consider myself terribly close to any of them. I've gotten some support when I've gone through hard times but not really a lot and I haven't really found anyone that I really share the good moments with. I'll get the occasional bump from certain forums members (you know who you are) and while that's very much appreciated from me....it's not at all what I'd call a "support system".

Mind you, that's not really a problem for me. It would be nice to have but it's not why I come here and I don't expect that from the people here. I'm glad for the associations I have and the people I know...but...again...I'm not really close to any of them
    "The man who is swimming against the stream knows the strength of it."
    ― Woodrow Wilson

MBTI
    Intp

I just joined this forum, but have been going on here for a couple of years I think. At first I was trying to figure ou what being an intp really meant. Now, i'm on here to see if there are other people like me out there cuz i've always felt really alone. Plus, most people text and call nonstop. I mostly facebook chat with one of my close friends (Only have like 5 friends total but tons of aquaintances), and research online in my free time. I'm always on the internet. lol