User Tag List

12 Last

Thread: Ties

Default Ties

I don't always wear them, but when I do, I feel like I am being strangled (even when I loosen it just a little.)

I just found out I will be needing to wearing a suit 4 (maybe 5) times a day.

I guess I am preparing for the future.

How long did it take for some of you guys to get used to wearing a full-on suit every day (or most days?)

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Rail Tracer View Post
    I don't always wear them, but when I do, I feel like I am being strangled (even when I loosen it just a little.)

I just found out I will be needing to wearing a suit 4 (maybe 5) times a day.

I guess I am preparing for the future.

How long did it take for some of you guys to get used to wearing a full-on suit every day (or most days?)
    Never.

Wore them for years and could never stand it.

It does help to have a shirt with the right size collar.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so

A suggestion would be to look into getting athletic-fit suits. These will allow you more movement and agility, and would be more comfortable throughout the day.
    "..And the eight and final rule: If this is your first time at Fight Club, you have to fight."
    'Men are meant to be with women. The rest is perversion and mental illness.'

Get a clip on, duh!

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

Get one of those expander buttons for the collar of your shirts. It gives you more room on those days when it's hot and you feel like your head's about to pop off.

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    Never.

Wore them for years and could never stand it.

It does help to have a shirt with the right size collar.
    Question.

Messenger bags and briefcases......

Is there anything wrong with wearing a messenger bag? Have you seen people wear messenger bags with more formal clothing instead of lugging around a briefcase?

I have a sling-bag (which is essentially like a messenger bag... but smaller) that I use outside of wearing formal clothing. I am reading that it may be acceptable wear (especially if you are carrying books, laptops, etc... while still affording a more professional look.)

I may plan on getting a messenger bag to go along with the look so that I can carry much needed books around.

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

Took me like 3-6 months. It was weird because I think of myself in my head as the Richard Branson sort not boring suit guy
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.

My view on ties is summed up in this diagram...

EvolutionOfTheNecktie.jpg
    Ed Womack
    Get Milked

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by funkadelik View Post
    Get a clip on, duh!
    Subtracts some Cool Points, though, if you're prepared to risk that.
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

Quote Originally Posted by Rail Tracer View Post
    Question.

Messenger bags and briefcases......

Is there anything wrong with wearing a messenger bag? Have you seen people wear messenger bags with more formal clothing instead of lugging around a briefcase?

I have a sling-bag (which is essentially like a messenger bag... but smaller) that I use outside of wearing formal clothing. I am reading that it may be acceptable wear (especially if you are carrying books, laptops, etc... while still affording a more professional look.)

I may plan on getting a messenger bag to go along with the look so that I can carry much needed books around.
    My husband is basically an engineer and is usually with customers on site. He wears a suit about once a week but I got him this a few years ago and he loves it. He has another organizer that goes on the front seat of his car but this briefcase is perfect.

http://www.duluthtrading.com/store/m...ses/71038.aspx

When he sees customers in meeting and such, and he's in a suit, he takes a folding leather portfolio instead of the whole bag.
    I like to rock n' roll all night and *part* of every day. I usually have errands... I can only rock from like 1-3.