User Tag List

View Poll Results: Does feeling intimidated by certain posters limit your participation in threads?

Voters
81. You may not vote on this poll
  • Never

48 59.26%
  • Sometimes

30 37.04%
  • Always

3 3.70%
First 20282930

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram

@Saudade is one scary motherfucker.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Tell me about the fucking golf shoes!

"I don't wear a toupee!" Donald Trump

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Fear me.

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Keps Mnemnosyne View Post
    So what have you determined besides that Z was wrong about people being intimidated?
    This is the most hilarious/laughable conclusion I've ever seen.

33/79 people vote some form of yes, and somehow I was "wrong".

Talk about not being able to properly interpret the evidence.

MBTI
    INFJ

It's the truth.

MBTI
    CRZY
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post

To be completely honest, i voted 'sometimes', but it's not so much that individual users intimidate me, per se. More that i know on certain topics there tends to be a bit of a circle jerk of astounding shows of 'intelligence' and 'one upmanship' that when met with an opposing ideal either leads to blatant fighting or just being ignored because I'm an NF.

I have better things to do than argue on topics, on the internet, with people who are largely insignificant to me in a really real world concept of insignificance on topics that i am actually knowledgeable about, but because i have an 'infp stigma' don't get taken seriously and am often ignored.

really, who can be bothered?

Terrible things happen to good people every day.
    Consequentially, I am not one of the good people.
    I am one of the terrible things.

Conclusion: Dinosaurs

Quote Originally Posted by Nijntje View Post
    To be completely honest, i voted 'sometimes', but it's not so much that individual users intimidate me, per se. More that i know on certain topics there tends to be a bit of a circle jerk of astounding shows of 'intelligence' and 'one upmanship' that when met with an opposing ideal either leads to blatant fighting or just being ignored because I'm an NF.

I have better things to do than argue on topics, on the internet, with people who are largely insignificant to me in a really real world concept of insignificance on topics that i am actually knowledgeable about, but because i have an 'infp stigma' don't get taken seriously and am often ignored.

There are several posters here whose egos are of such bolderous proportions that I am amazed they can be bothered to drag themselves to the keyboard and grace its buttons with their exertions.
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by iwakar View Post
    There are several posters here whose egos are of such bolderous proportions that I am amazed they can be bothered to drag themselves to the keyboard and grace its buttons with their exertions.
    Well, they have to grace us all with their penetrating and objective insight, all the time, and I guess a keyboard is the only way to do it

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by Nijntje View Post

Most excellent post!

Quote Originally Posted by iwakar View Post
    This made me lol with more than just the letters "l" and "o".

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    Mm

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post

I'm sorry my statement was:
    So what have you determined besides that Z was wrong about people being intimidated?
    Which was meant to say that Salomé had decided that you were wrong which seems a reasonable conclusion based off of her statements including
    Whilst it was pretty clear to me that Z was talking out of his ass
    although if I misrepresented that, may she correct me. As for my own opinion, I am not completely sure of what your conclusion is. If your conclusion is as Salomé states: that members of this forum are specifically intimidated by Salomé and Andante, then the poll above isn't specific enough to say that (and in addition from the points below) and the statements in thread are that people are not intimidated by either. Granted posts in the thread are going to primarily be by people who aren't intimidated, so that should be taken into account. But still there is little evidence in this thread to argue that people are intimidated specifically by them.

If your conclusion is that a sizable portion of the forum members are intimidated by other members, then yes to a degree. The details are still rather hazy. Another way to look at it, just as weird, is to say 77/80 members said some form of no. 47/80 members specifically said no. 30/80 said sometimes. The sometimes category is slightly undefinable in my opinion. Like Nijntje and perhaps a few other members, I voted sometimes, not because I'm intimidated, but rather out of aggravation of how certain topics can cause discussions that go nowhere. I could start my own thread asking why and what specifically are the causes of intimidation on this forum, but I would much rather not. As it is, my posts in this thread are more than contentious enough for me.

So what was your conclusion, I would be interested in finding out especially if it is neither of the above options, and how does this thread agree with it?
    Love wouldn't exist without loneliness to inspire it.

Peach yogurt is made of love. And gnome kidneys. - Domino

I can cope and will cope without polluting my lungs. - Saslou