User Tag List

View Poll Results: Does feeling intimidated by certain posters limit your participation in threads?

Voters
81. You may not vote on this poll
  • Never

48 59.26%
  • Sometimes

30 37.04%
  • Always

3 3.70%
First 1927282930 Last

Bah, this thread is turning nice. Ew.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

"Sometimes" is a great answer. I would answer that to 99% of polls, if I could.
    Quote Originally Posted by HelenOfTroy View Post
    ... by lowering the tone to base notes...
    Good pun and metaphor, it's like poetry.
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    But I won't keep nitpicking or I'll become obnoxious and disliked.
    That's true.
    Honestly, I brought up this film when I went on a first date a few months ago with a movie buff, and she said probably jokingly to name my favorites, "even if it's a musical"... I think she was turned off / one of the things that ruined the date. But I was turned off by her being turned off, so we're even. If she didn't want to hear about musicals, she shouldn't have asked!
    You can't spell "justice" without ISTJ.

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    Haha, I made blond toddler Mario cry.
    Quote Originally Posted by andante View Post
    Oh, hell yeah. The best way to deal with threads when they turn into stupid argumentative bullshit is to defuse them.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Feel the warm fuzzies...

FEEL THEM...

()
    Quote Originally Posted by Cimarron View Post
    That's true.
    Honestly, I brought up this film when I went on a first date a few months ago with a movie buff, and she said probably jokingly to name my favorites, "even if it's a musical"... I think she was turned off / one of the things that ruined the date. But I was turned off by her being turned off, so we're even. If she didn't want to hear about musicals, she shouldn't have asked!
    Yeah, seriously! How dare she!! And since when are movies a big enough deal to make or break a potential relationship? I may love movies, but I don't love them enough to be that much of a snob.
    Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    Oh, hell yeah. The best way to deal with threads when they turn into stupid argumentative bullshit is to defuse them.
    Truth. And when used correctly, it is the lowest-energy and quickest and most efficient method.
    /Te
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    Feel the warm fuzzies...

FEEL THEM...

()
    I see it is time to go home.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

it must be reverse psychology.

Now I am even more scared, waiting for the inevitable onslaught once my guard is down!
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

I see it is time to go home.

Run away, Simba! Run away, and never return!!!

/mixingmetaphors
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Keps Mnemnosyne View Post
    So what have you determined besides that Z was wrong about people being intimidated? I guess, more of, how do you interpret the people who voted for sometimes? Or the responses that are in the thread?
    Ah, but you so easily dismiss a victory over the INTJ. And one which doesn't involve 50 million pages of graveyard fodder, no less! That in itself makes this thread worthwhile. The tangents in the thread are more interesting than the dot-joining.

I wish I could say it was interesting, unfortunately it seems to be part of human behavior.
    Yes, thanks for the answers.
    Somehow I manage to retain optimism about the potential for human beings to be decent and rational, despite all the evidence to the contrary.

Not baffled by why you felt insulted, I knew the comparison was to be considered an insult. I thought you were saying that I had a specific reason to attack you which confused me.
    You claimed that people ignore good posts and prefer to respond to insults. I therefore concluded (tongue-in-cheek) that your reason for posting as you did was to secure a reply.

It is my way of expressing a nagging feeling I have had about the OP since first reading it. Namely that Salome knows what the answer will be, but is asking the question anyway for some sort of validation. I admit this is mainly Ni speculation, but I'm sure Salome will have fun with it.
    I agree, this is perhaps a good example of P vs J style. I prefer to confirm my hypotheses. You, clearly, have a less rigorous approach. But then, you have that Ni mind-reading, truth-divining, mystical super-power thing working for you. Oh that we were all so fortunate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Salomé View Post
    I agree, this is perhaps a good example of P vs J style. I prefer to confirm my hypotheses. You, clearly, have a less rigorous approach. But then, you have that Ni mind-reading, truth-divining, mystical super-power thing working for you. Oh that we were all so fortunate.
    The rest of you have your own "super-powers". I like to confirm (or disprove) hypotheses, too. As a matter of fact, I do it for a living. I don't mind sharing an as-yet-untested hypothesis, though, especially if someone asks for it. We do this in my research group all the time. It is a good way to generate more ideas and insights. My comment that you referenced was not even a fully-formed hypothesis, though, which is why I identifed it as speculation.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...