User Tag List

View Poll Results: Does feeling intimidated by certain posters limit your participation in threads?

Voters
81. You may not vote on this poll
  • Never

    48 59.26%
  • Sometimes

    30 37.04%
  • Always

    3 3.70%
First 122021222324 Last

Results 211 to 220 of 299

  1. #211
    garbage
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    Wrong.
    The only reason why it didn't convince me is that I already believed it.

    So, less "convinced" and more "blatantly reaffirmed."

  2. #212
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    4,338

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by YWIR View Post
    Nope! I love when people argue and get heated; thats when the mocking starts. Delicious.

    However I generally don't follow threads with topics that bore me.
    Think about how evil you sound there....

  3. #213
    Senior Member King sns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE
    Posts
    6,747

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Salomé View Post
    I'm sorry, but you're wrong. And you know you're wrong. If you can't read between the lines of an obvious troll post full of contradictions, (easily refutable) lies and personal attack of the "you're crazy" variety, and instead choose to endorse the sentiment by your passive-aggressive "question" and implied agreement (Xmas present? really? tripped yourself up big time there!), it suggests that your powers of discernment are pretty... questionable. Personally, I think you are being disingenuous, but you could just be gullible, it's possible. This is the second time I've seen you commit a logical fallacy of the "you can't prove it's false therefore it must be true variety". Wrong on more than one level.

    I have noticed a pattern on this board where, whenever I expose flaws in another's reasoning, (which is a particular strength of mine), they respond with butthurt antagonism and childish stone-throwing/ducking behaviour. This is especially true of INTJs who are often so convinced of their infallibility that it comes as quite a shock and a severe ego-wound to be out-maneuvered in debate. You are just the last in a long line of such people who have sadly, lost my respect by resorting to such weaksauce trolling. I hope you don't become obsessed ala InvisibleJim. That would be a pity because, unlike him, you sometimes produce posts worth reading.

    ----

    As an aside, the post was reported and has been left in tact. Further evidence of the problem I outlined earlier - namely that the mods choose whether or not to apply the rules based on their own personal prejudices. So I guess it has served a purpose after all.

    You may debate actual statements and logic, but often times instead of filling that with further information to back it up, I notice a few personal attacks in there as well. Rational debate with valid reasoning is fine, following with little sneaky lines like "it suggests that your power of discernment is... questionable" is just plain unpleasant and not worthy of a lot of attention.

    I say this with the full awareness that I'll probably receive a "constructive criticism" in my "logic" that only barely attempts to mask a direct attack to my character. And that's fine, but I think I speak for a large amount of people here when I say that this is exactly the stuff that I (we?) don't like to respond to- not because we feel threatened or inferior, but because the discussions we have on this online website are supposed to be enlightening, not a self important one-upping contest. Or dick swinging contest. Or whatever kind of contest we're calling it now.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

    My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

  4. #214
    Tempbanned
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Posts
    14,031

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    but I think I speak for a large amount of people here when I say that this is exactly the stuff that I (we?) don't like to respond to- not because we feel threatened or inferior, but because the discussions we have on this online website are supposed to be enlightening, not a self important one-upping contest. Or dick swinging contest. Or whatever kind of contest we're calling it now.
    Pretty much.

  5. #215
    likes this gromit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    6,652

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    Well I still don't understand circular reasoning.
    I'm going to elaborate. I appreciate a lot of the points you make @Salomé and that you are kind of fierce and ruthless. Most of the time I find it strangely refreshing!

    However, a couple times that I tried to actually engage with you, it just seemed that we had quite a bit of trouble, like you had rules of logic that a conversation had to follow that were more important than what I was trying to say. I don't really understand all the rules, thus I have no way to present my thoughts within that framework, so I feel a bit at a loss sometimes, particularly in a text format. Like, to me, what is the point of even trying to explain it?

  6. #216
    Senior Member King sns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE
    Posts
    6,747

    Default

    aye aye. There are four members convinced here including me. However our logic is pretty questionable in the past. And it's the quality of the vote that matters.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

    My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

  7. #217
    morose bourgeoisie
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Posts
    3,860

    Default

    It is hilariously funny that the most vociferous complainer about the posting style of certain INTJ’s on this board, has a style that closely resembles theirs. It is also funny/pathetic that many posters, who believe that they are better equipped to reveal the ‘truth’ to others, universally fail to remember that the subject matter upon which they base their ‘objectivity’, is itself totally subjective and open to interpretation.
    It’s also irritating to be constantly corrected by those same posters.

    I predict much future hilarity.

  8. #218
    Sniffles
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Keps Mnemnosyne View Post
    Intimidated, no. Aggravated by how some posters post in heated topics, yes.
    This pretty much parallels my view. Perhaps it's my Fe talking, but such melodrama in discussions is rather draining.

  9. #219
    Anew Leaf
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    You may debate actual statements and logic, but often times instead of filling that with further information to back it up, I notice a few personal attacks in there as well. Rational debate with valid reasoning is fine, following with little sneaky lines like "it suggests that your power of discernment is... questionable" is just plain unpleasant and not worthy of a lot of attention.

    I say this with the full awareness that I'll probably receive a "constructive criticism" in my "logic" that only barely attempts to mask a direct attack to my character. And that's fine, but I think I speak for a large amount of people here when I say that this is exactly the stuff that I (we?) don't like to respond to- not because we feel threatened or inferior, but because the discussions we have on this online website are supposed to be enlightening, not a self important one-upping contest. Or dick swinging contest. Or whatever kind of contest we're calling it now.
    Nailhead? Meet hit.

  10. #220
    Ginkgo
    Guest

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Salomé View Post
    Are you reluctant to post in certain threads for fear of the reaction of other posters?

    Please explain.
    Sometimes. Educated guesses on the likelihood of ensuing drama bring to mind the overall forum dynamics and how people post their content based on the personal affairs of other members. Sometimes it seems the most fruitful input is to make no post at all. Basically, I'm intimidated by the potential of my forum experience being an uninteresting, distasteful drag. It's only interesting when people give constructive feedback, even if they're crtiquing a post, rather than fluffing the place up / acting obnoxiously.

Similar Threads

  1. [E9] Type Nine: Are you drawn to other Type Nines?
    By gromit in forum Enneatypes
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 11-27-2012, 09:44 PM
  2. [INTP] INTPs: are you obsessed, by default?
    By alpaca in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 58
    Last Post: 09-11-2009, 09:16 AM
  3. Introverts: Are you energized by other Introverts?
    By BlackCat in forum The Bonfire
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 02-19-2009, 03:35 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO