User Tag List

View Poll Results: Does feeling intimidated by certain posters limit your participation in threads?

Voters
81. You may not vote on this poll
  • Never

48 59.26%
  • Sometimes

30 37.04%
  • Always

3 3.70%
First 101819202122 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    Just to clarify, the perception that one has a disproportionate response is a reason that he/she is 'intimidating.'

Delivery is often much more intimidating than the presence of positive attributes such as intelligence, wisdom, or good looks.
    Why scare quote in one place and not the other?
    Weren't you one of the people who already said it was dumb to be intimidated by other posters?
    You are being inconsistent just to be a nag. How dull.

And I can't account for idiotic perceptions either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by Salomé View Post
    Why scare quote in one place and not the other?
    Weren't you one of the people who already said it was dumb to be intimidated by other posters?
    You are being inconsistent just to be a nag. How dull.

And I can't account for idiotic perceptions either.
    On the scare quotes, the latter was referring to true intimidation and the former was referring to the perception of intimidation. Moreover, one can think that something's dumb but still understand the reasoning that another uses to reach those conclusions. There's no inconsistency.

I've said all that I want to say. Against my usual nature, I chimed into an 'intimidating' discussion so that I could speak indirectly to the rest of this forum on what 'intimidation' actually entails. This is a case study, and I'll allow whoever's reading to draw their own conclusions.

I'm bowing out of that particular discussion and taking on more productive endeavors, like sardonically replying to
    Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    LOL. You expect me to believe that? My brother is an ISFJ like you and I know ISFJs are too sensitive to ever say what they mean and I think you're crying on the other side of that computer screen of yours.
    Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    Hey! don't bring poor innocent chickens into this
    Fuck chickens. I ain't cryin'. There, I said it. I said what was on my mind. Y'all offended? Don't care in the least. I'm going to kick y'alls asses. Y'all can't feel it over the forum with words? Lets bring it in Second Life or Mortal Kombat 9.

Y'all ain't shit.

I avoid conflict sometimes, but rarely because I'm intimidated. It's more because conflict in general drains me and I tend to be the type of online arguer that answers all arguments and doesn't pick and choose spots where I can just hit people over the head. So I end up reading and posting large walls of text. If I'm arguing with an idiot it drains me more because I feel like I'm wasting my time, whereas if I'm arguing with someone who's intelligent and knowledgable I know I'm getting more than just a feeling of superiority out of the exchange.
    Take the weakest thing in you
    And then beat the bastards with it
    And always hold on when you get love
    So you can let go when you give it

MBTI
    eNFJ

I felt intimidated in the ask a question thread when Rivva asked if I am friggin nuts. I mean, we just met and they're already trying to get deep.
    - MB

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by Beefeater View Post
    I tend to be the type of online arguer that answers all arguments and doesn't pick and choose spots where I can just hit people over the head.
    This is commendable, and I wish that more people would actually do this. Doing otherwise is a quick way to make me disengage. It's not intimidating; at its worst, it's dishonest.

An explicit (or, I guess, implicit) recognition of valid points makes for a halfway respectful discussion and makes it clear that one's actually trying to discuss the subject at hand and arrive at the best possible ideas, rather than simply trying to defend themselves.

MBTI
    yupp

On the scare quotes, the latter was referring to true intimidation and the former was referring to the perception of intimidation. Moreover, one can think that something's dumb but still understand the reasoning that another uses to reach those conclusions. There's no inconsistency.

I've said all that I want to say. Against my usual nature, I chimed into an 'intimidating' discussion so that I could speak indirectly to the rest of this forum on what 'intimidation' actually entails. This is a case study, and I'll allow whoever's reading to draw their own conclusions.

I'm bowing out of that particular discussion and taking on more productive endeavors, like sardonically replying to

Fuck chickens. I ain't cryin'. There, I said it. I said what was on my mind. Y'all offended? Don't care in the least. I'm going to kick y'alls asses. Y'all can't feel it over the forum with words? Lets bring it in Second Life or Mortal Kombat 9.

Y'all ain't shit.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

I love this place.

This place is pretty mild compared to INTPc and INTJf. As a guess, some would cry on those sites.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Yep. There is. Read it again. You can't just redefine terms at will and expect to make a coherent argument. It's called equivocation.

Oh please. Case study wtf.
    All you have stated is the blindingly obvious.
    This thread was created, in part, to prove the same. I'm sorry that wasn't obvious to you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Salomé View Post
    The controversial posters are almost always NTs and we will only focus on those posts that require challenging/clarification. This shouldn't be percieved as a sleight.

Although I now understand your reason for insulting me.
    The bold seems questionable. Marmalade Sunrise and Silly Sappiene come to mind.
    Go to sleep, iguana.