User Tag List

View Poll Results: Does feeling intimidated by certain posters limit your participation in threads?

Voters
81. You may not vote on this poll
  • Never

48 59.26%
  • Sometimes

30 37.04%
  • Always

3 3.70%
First 8161718192028 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    Oh awesome! I thought it was just invisible! Well that would be no good! I would just be ridiculously curious!
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Like when you're carrying a portable A-bomb?
    Haha,

Or if the person has my respect and even though I'll lose the argument, I know I'll learn something in the process. Or I'll be able to provide insight so they'll have a more nuanced opinion in the future.

Or if I'm just really bored. Edit: Actually, forgot about the E9 ness. If I'm really bored I'll just escape into a fantasy world or something.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by ZPowers View Post
    I'll join the consensus. It's not fear, it's a sense that getting engaged in a conversation with certain posters is a time-sink that I won't get anything out of. It isn't infrequent that certain threads end up dominated by people of this sort, which puts something of a quarantine on them for me. I'm not afraid to debate people, and I'm not afraid to lose a debate (if your ego can take it, losing a debate is an amazing way to learn and evolve), but I'd rather not get into angry, heated nonsense or have someone constantly condescend to me.
    ^This. The only thing I dislike wasting good time and energy on a thread that is just going to devolve into a bunch of baseless assertions that don't address the actual content of posted remarks. Yes, there are a few members who tend to fall into this style of resonse. I will pursue the discussion as long as there is some vestige of reason and real information exchange, but once I see a law of diminishing returns at work, I will just move on. No point placing blame or complaining.

Quote Originally Posted by andante View Post
    This would be my take too, that it's a sock.
    Obviously, but is there any validity to the words coming out of its mouth? Or should we just shoot the messenger?
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    Obviously, but is there any validity to the words coming out of its mouth? Or should we just shoot the messenger?
    Socks need to be laundered and hung out to dry.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by andante View Post
    Socks need to be laundered and hung out to dry.
    Good example.

(They just might contain a few Christmas presents, though.)
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    Good example.

(They just might contain a few Christmas presents, though.)
    If people are so cowardly they have to use socks, I have no respect for their opinion.

(check for anthrax bearing gifts)

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

My guess is this is not so much a case of being cowardly so much as being banned.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Still, either what they say has merit, or it does not. Just like with any legitimate member. Mods can still ban/remove the offending account.

Permabanned

This forum turned to shiiittt

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    You know what? Say that to my face. I will punch your face.

If you don't fly to my house and say that to my face then I will assume that you are a little baby chicken wimp.
    You made me think, I may start an online service "cheap flights for punching forum X people's in the face", it'll be a great success!
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp