User Tag List

View Poll Results: Does feeling intimidated by certain posters limit your participation in threads?

Voters
81. You may not vote on this poll
  • Never

48 59.26%
  • Sometimes

30 37.04%
  • Always

3 3.70%
First 7151617181927 Last

SingSmileShine

Why be intimidated by anyone?

garbage

When someone uses big mean and scary words and is all direct and says that they tell it like it is and that they don't like such-and-such a type of person, my first reaction either to feel sympathy or empathy, or to laugh a lil' on the inside, depending on how charitable I'm feeling. It's just really easy to say things, and it's difficult to discern the actual motivation behind them.

Anger problems? Control issues? Superiority complex? Inferiority complex? True confidence? None of that is or should be particularly intimidating.

It's alright, guys. The intimidating folks ain't much different from you or me.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    When someone uses big mean and scary words and is all direct and says that they tell it like it is and that they don't like such-and-such a type of person, my first reaction either to feel sympathy or empathy, or to laugh a lil' on the inside, depending on how charitable I'm feeling. It's just really easy to say things, and it's difficult to discern the actual motivation behind them.

Anger problems? Control issues? Superiority complex? Inferiority complex? True confidence? None of that is or should be particularly intimidating.

It's alright, guys. The intimidating folks ain't much different from you or me.
    This was the most illogical and microscopic post in the history of typec. Lenore Thomson would classify you as an ISFJ. And if you don't respond I'll take that as a sign of agreement.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by shortnsweet View Post
    This was the most illogical and microscopic post in the history of typec. Lenore Thomson would classify you as an ISFJ. And if you don't respond I'll take that as a sign of agreement.
    You know what? Say that to my face. I will punch your face.

If you don't fly to my house and say that to my face then I will assume that you are a little baby chicken wimp.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

If you don't fly to my house and say that to my face then I will assume that you are a little baby chicken wimp.
    LOL. You expect me to believe that? My brother is an ISFJ like you and I know ISFJs are too sensitive to ever say what they mean and I think you're crying on the other side of that computer screen of yours.
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

MBTI
    yupp

Hey! don't bring poor innocent chickens into this
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    INfp
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INFp None

Have I avoided posting for fear of the reactions of other users? Not really. Not more than a general E9ness avoidance of conflict at least.

There are a handful of posters that I won't engage because I've never seen anyone have an enlightening debate with them. The nastier things get, the more they enjoy it. That, or they are more interested in shouting the loudest than learning. I don't have anyone on ignore, though. These posters have ruined potentially good threads.

There are maybe 2 or 3 posters that I won't engage in very frequently simply because I know I'm outgunned. I'm a shotgun (geddit? cuz the closer I am to the topic the more effective I am), and they are a mini-gun. I will engage them, but only under certain circumstances.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    Have I avoided posting for fear of the reactions of other users? Not really. Not more than a general E9ness avoidance of conflict at least.
    Yeah. It's not really fear or even intimidation, just a distaste for the kind of adversarial interactions they seem to thrive on and seek out.

I drink your milkshake. Thessaly's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP
    Enneagram
    3w4

What could possibly be intimidating about a bunch of my fellow Ns hanging around talking theory? C'mon now.
    With dreamers, pure and simple, the imagination remains a vaguely sketched inner affair. It is not embodied in any aesthetic or practical invention. Reverie is the equivalent of weak desires. Dreamers are the aboulics of the creative imagination.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Udog View Post
    There are maybe 2 or 3 posters that I won't engage in very frequently simply because I know I'm outgunned. I'm a shotgun (geddit? cuz the closer I am to the topic the more effective I am), and they are a mini-gun. I will engage them, but only under certain circumstances.
    Like when you're carrying a portable A-bomb?
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft