User Tag List

View Poll Results: Does feeling intimidated by certain posters limit your participation in threads?

Voters
81. You may not vote on this poll
  • Never

48 59.26%
  • Sometimes

30 37.04%
  • Always

3 3.70%
First 91011121321 Last

MBTI
    INTP

Not really....the closest I've come to it is when I view a thread as simply too much effort at that point in time, either because I respect the intellect and debating skills of a poster I disagree with, or because I didn't feel like constantly clarifying a position that was likely to be misinterpreted. I've also sometimes hesitated to post in threads where I thought that posters I liked would mistake heated disagreement on an issue with personal animosity.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Salomé View Post
    Are you reluctant to post in certain threads for fear of the reaction of other posters?

Please explain.
    I'm confused; clearly as a lurker I may have an opinion that you and of and others will of course and correctly disagree with for valid reasons.

Reviewing your history you seem to have set up a thread to tackle the same topic you always post: namely something to do with male/female interaction/harassment/rape etc. The fact you have been discussing the same topic since you have join in September 2008 non-stop (with small breaks) could be countenanced as harassing an entire sex. Have you seen a psychologist regarding your fetish? I am concerned you may not neccessarily have a clear mind regarding the topic and be self sabotaging your own future happiness.

On the other hand you keep referring to 'Z'; did you really set up this entire thread to bait a single user who disagreed with your posting elsewhere? I guess you are not just intimidating other users; you are using the dual nature of the discussion in an attempt 'get a rise' from this other poster. This is not a nice thing to do and could easily be classed as another sort of harassment.

I think you may see harassment everywhere simply as a consequence of your behaviour being in a way 'harassing'. Your malignant fascinations could be a function of the environment you have chosen to create.

Don't you think it would be nice to give us Lurkers some of your delightful input on a different topic for a change?

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

I'm not intimidated by other posters, but there is a tendency among some to be unnecessarily critical of all sorts of details that are not directly related to what was being conveyed. The nitpicking gets really, really old, and makes me not want to take part.

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    That's kind of how I view it. Just because I don't get along with someone or find it hard to interact with them doesn't necessarily mean they've done something wrong or "infractable," so typically I just take steps to avoid situations I personally don't deal well with. I would only report clear violations of FAQ whether or not I'm even involved.

My view tends to be that my interaction with someone is a function of both of us. Perhaps someone else 'likes' their style even if I don't. Hence, if I simply bow out, there's nothing lost. I try to get along with virtually everyone and gain as much insight from others as I can, but trying to digest or gather information from some people is like trying to squeeze nectar from a rock while simultaneously beating oneself in the head with said rock. Or something.

Although, if a discussion that I'm not involved with turns toward the direction of "really fuckin' stupid," I'm sometimes inclined to butt in with jokes or an attempt at a resolution on all sides.

MBTI
    yupp

if so many people hate nitpicking why does it happen so much?
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Lore View Post
    I'm confused;
    Clearly. Sock-puppets usually are. Too intimidated to post under your own name, eh?
    Sad.
    I won't respond to your ridiculous, transparent trolling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Clearly. Sock-puppets usually are. Too intimidated to post under your own name, eh?
    Sad.
    Hah, you picked up on that too. Did you know Lore was Data's evil twin brother? /paranoid, yet often correct

Sad.
    This would be my take too, that it's a sock.

MBTI
    xNxx
    Enneagram
    4w5 so

I said never. Because it's not exactly intimidation and it's not fear either.

Sometimes I don't want to post simply because it seems like certain individuals just want to argue and point out why others are stupid in order to validate themselves.
    ( . )( . )

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

No, because I can always take a plane and eventually punch him/her on the balls / stomach.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp