User Tag List

View Poll Results: Does feeling intimidated by certain posters limit your participation in threads?

Voters
81. You may not vote on this poll
  • Never

48 59.26%
  • Sometimes

30 37.04%
  • Always

3 3.70%
First 8910111220 Last

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Yes, I'm afraid they'll come to my house and beat me up.

MBTI
    IsFJ

I admit there are a few users here that I consider intelectually "out of my league". I avoid debate with them, since my own intellectual ammo is, well, nothing to sneeze at. :/
    Tentative typing: ISFJ 6w5 or 9w1 (Sp/S[?]).

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

If people are getting all aggressive and/or emotive on a topic I'll probably make a smartass comment in response to one of @wolfy's jokes then leave. I don't get joy out of arguing.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Pfft! Call yourself an ENTP?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasper View Post
    If people are getting all aggressive and/or emotive on a topic I'll probably make a smartass comment in response to one of wolfy's jokes then leave. I don't get joy out of arguing.
    I feel so used.

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Salomé View Post
    Pfft! Call yourself an ENTP?
    I know, right

I'm coming to terms with my E9ness. Hold me.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    I feel so used.
    You are the guru of one-liners. This is part of your lot in life.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

People trying to bully other forum users seems to happen in heated discussions. In the one with Salome and Andante I could see how someone who is trying to figure out women wouldn't feel free to discuss PUA as something other than crap. I do think it's crap but someone still trying to look at it and discuss it wouldn't be able to.

Of course Z complaining about that is beyond funny since he is pretty much that way in most of his threads. Even telling people they answering the thread topic question wrong. He once told me in a thread that I never contribute anything helpful so gtfo of his thread. I'm obviously not alone in his quest to rid threads of his non awesome posters.

People get heated about stuff all the time. It's going to be somewhat intimidating. The problem is when the reactions get personal when someone posts thoughts. I did see that happen in the PUA thread some. Although I thought the backtracking on the part of certain members was funny.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

I saw my comment quoted in a post where he was discussing people being intimidated but I assure you that is not my reasons for not wanting to discuss that topic in public.

I very rarely discuss anything highly personal in public not due to anyone here but because non forum people who read stuff.

To answer the op tho no I don't get intimidated by anyone here.

And I can't believe people have to deal with so much shit... I mean someone sends fia hateful msgs?? Fia?? She's like one of the most gentle people on here IMO.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Laurie View Post
    People trying to bully other forum users seems to happen in heated discussions. In the one with Salome and Andante I could see how someone who is trying to figure out women wouldn't feel free to discuss PUA as something other than crap. I do think it's crap but someone still trying to look at it and discuss it wouldn't be able to.
    Why aren't they free to do so? A couple tried, they just failed to make a sound argument. Then they tried to hijack a thread specifically set up for women to be able to answer without enduring sexual insults.
    You seem to be suggesting that people are intimidated by their own inadequacy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasper View Post
    You are the guru of one-liners. This is part of your lot in life.
    Thanks you for your kind words. The burden is heavy, but my back is strong.