First 123

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Fourplay View Post
    I am better looking in person than over photo. I don't get how it works!!
    I'm better looking in photos
    06/13 10:51:03 five sounds: you!!!
    06/13 10:51:08 shortnsweet: no you!!
    06/13 10:51:12 shortnsweet: go do your things and my things too!
    06/13 10:51:23 five sounds: oh hell naw
    06/13 10:51:55 shortnsweet: !!!!
    06/13 10:51:57 shortnsweet: (cries)
    06/13 10:52:19 RiftsWRX: You two are like furbies stuck in a shoe box

My Nohari
    My Johari
    by sns.

No, I'm not photogenic. Also hate having my pic taken.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post
    Photogenic people seem to be less conscious of the camera. Of course there's some element of knowing how to pose in a flattering way, but I think because a lot of people are trying to look a certain way (or are not sure how to look), they smile unnaturally, blink more etc. I think it has more to do with personality and comfort level than it does with beauty.
    I think there is definitely posing involved.

I've never been photogenic at all.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

MBTI
    yupp

I look fat in photos and skinny irl, so its like how the fuck am i fat there and not here? it doesn't make any sense.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    INtp
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post
    Photogenic people seem to be less conscious of the camera. Of course there's some element of knowing how to pose in a flattering way, but I think because a lot of people are trying to look a certain way (or are not sure how to look), they smile unnaturally, blink more etc. I think it has more to do with personality and comfort level than it does with beauty.
    I'm not very photogenic. My smile is usually dorky looking or I look mean because I'm not smiling enough. I hated having my picture taken as a child because I was always told to smile more and then when I did smile I was told it was fake looking. Same with posing. How can you make it not look fake? There must be some trick to it that I'm not grasping.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    As a portrait photographer I am telling you people are just born with it!

I know how to pose people in a flattering way but really and truly some people look better on camera then in person and some are the opposite. It's a total trip!
    Could it be a personality thing? Some people are more outwardly expressive, could that translate somehow into being photogenic?
    I have sort of angular features and I'm not photogenic.
    Same here. My sister is way more photogenic and she has more rounded facial features.
    INtp
    5w6 or 9w1 sp/so/sx, I think
    Ravenclaw/Hufflepuff
    Neutral Good
    LII-Ne

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by SuchIrony View Post
    I'm not very photogenic. My smile is usually dorky looking or I look mean because I'm not smiling enough. I hated having my picture taken as a child because I was always told to smile more and then when I did smile I was told it was fake looking. Same with posing. How can you make it not look fake? There must be some trick to it that I'm not grasping.

Could it be a personality thing? Some people are more outwardly expressive, could that translate somehow into being photogenic?

Same here. My sister is way more photogenic and she has more rounded facial features.

I don't think so. I think it's just some odd mystical thing. There's no explanation for it.

Either that or some people just have those faces that look good all the time just regardless of what they do.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

My bf says that maybe less expressive people take better candid shots because their face stays in the same composed expression. I think that's a very good point. In candid shots I'm very often in the middle of some weird face. Haha
    I'm very expressive, and I have very little concept of how to pose for anything. I'm terrible in a photograph. This isn't completely related, because she is photogenic, but I had Blake Lively pegged as an ENFP because her expressions, it's like her face is made of rubber.

MBTI
    INTP

I'm decently photogenic in still photos, but hate candid shots and video. My face is attractive enough in real life, but not symmetrical at all. When I see myself on camera, I nitpick like crazy.

Speaking of malleable faces, I've always been fascinated by the type of model whose face is completely changed by makeup. Like, they could look like a completely different person depending on the makeup they wear. Or they could be average looking but have a face that is the perfect canvas for makeup. I look like myself no matter what type of makeup application I go for. I always wished I had a chameleon face like that.
    Something Witty

As Long As It Takes.... Redbone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    Yeah! More angular faces, perhaps. Strong cheek bones.
    I don't know. I have a pretty angular face with strong, high cheek bones. I'm not photogenic at all. I don't have one decent picture. That's why I never post pics of myself. I look much better in person.

My sister has a round face, with this cute upturned nose. I always hated how great her pictures looked and mine sucked. She's a pretty lady but I also think ESFPs just know how to make themselves shine no matter what.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6

People tell me I am photogenic. I think it is because I can easily do a natural smile or whatever because I just imagine something that I like and bam there it is. Or if I'm having trouble with it I'll think of a joke and tell it and then laugh to get the natural smiley face going.

Although I probably look like a dork in candid stuff because I never shut up. But I can get "in the zone" for a pic with almost no notice. "oh, need a happy face? bam!"