User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    What if God is love.....wait.....not again.....
    No you're confusing Identity and Quality. The identity of love is simply love, buit just like Fred is Fred, Fred can also be a plethora of things.
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Pseudo View Post
    You can't control attraction but you can control your actions. Two scenarios:

1,) you are attracted to a person who is married and has kids. Despite the connection you feel you can choose not to pursue that relationship.
    2.) When the honeymoon phase of a relationship wears off and some days you have to choose to continue to be loving towards your partner even when they are less than ideal.
    + 10,000

Although we actually can indirectly influence our affections. Research tends to show that thoughts and feelings follow behavior and investment, i.e. we tend to become emotionally invested and oriented to what we pour our time, energy, and focus into.

Permabanned

^"think of her, and she'll become yours."

WALMART

It is an agreement, between you and yourself and your partner, to engage in such a position that identity dissolves, mutual cooperation overtakes individual function, cohesion develops and productivity flourishes.

Of course, all view love differently.

To answer the question specifically, yes, it is a decision. But who would rally against true love?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Pseudo View Post
    You can't control attraction but you can control your actions. Two scenarios:

2.) When the honeymoon phase of a relationship wears off and some days you have to choose to continue to be loving towards your partner even when they are less than ideal.
    While this is laudable, it does not sound like love, more like duty or commitment.

Quote Originally Posted by Mia. View Post
    Although we actually can indirectly influence our affections. Research tends to show that thoughts and feelings follow behavior and investment, i.e. we tend to become emotionally invested and oriented to what we pour our time, energy, and focus into.
    If we are not careful, that is.

Quote Originally Posted by jontherobot View Post
    It is an agreement, between you and yourself and your partner, to engage in such a position that identity dissolves, mutual cooperation overtakes individual function, cohesion develops and productivity flourishes.
    Again, this is a reasonable way to operate, but does not sound like love, more like a business relationship. It is worth asking whether love is an emotion, or an action. It is far easier to choose the latter than the former.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

WALMART

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    While this is laudable, it does not sound like love, more like duty or commitment.

If we are not careful, that is.III

Again, this is a reasonable way to operate, but does not sound like love, more like a business relationship. It is worth asking whether love is an emotion, or an action. It is far easier to choose the latter than the former.

I believe it all goes hand in hand.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    I think that love does involve duty and commitment on the sense that I think actual love isn't a fleeting sense of passion for someone. People are all flawed and I think we all have times when we aren't very lovable. If someone cannot accept bgoody heir partners good attributes and their flaws it seems more like infatuation to me.
    Likes Madboot liked this post

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFp None

Sometimes. Personally, I decide whether I like people or not, and pay more attention to their good/bad qualities accordingly.
    Be soft. Do not let the world make you hard. Do not let pain make you hate. Do not let the bitterness steal your sweetness." ― Kurt Vonnegut

ENFP. 7w6 – 4w3 – 1w9 sx/so. Aries. Dilettante. Overly anxious optimist.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    5w4

I am in love with someone both consciously and unconsciously and the fire that keeps this love ablaze will never die out. I don't have the words to explain it. It's something that goes into the supernatural.