User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Possibly dumb question- how does one find out what one's member number is? I'm pretty sure mine is 2 but I'd like to check.
    If your name is quoted, and you scroll over it or open it as a link, your member number should be in the URL.

Alternatively, if you go to the Members List, and sort by "Date Joined", you can find it as well.

The latter can be a little more time-consuming for most, but for you, it ought be easy.

@Ivy edit: <--- maybe I was off about that method... it's something like that, tho...

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Possibly dumb question- how does one find out what one's member number is? I'm pretty sure mine is 2 but I'd like to check.
    Well hell I dont know either! Just looked up member list and user cp and I don't know I couldn't find it.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

@Lady X mouse over that, it's at the end. Thanks Zara! DOOCE!

Edit! It didn't work when I mentioned Lady X! What did you do differently, Zara?

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

oh, i got it... if somebody is mentioned, you can hit "edit post" or "reply with quote" on the post in which they were mentioned, and their member number will be displayed within the mention tag. so, i just hit "reply with quote" on your post above, and lady x's # is 5418.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post

oh, i got it... if somebody is mentioned, you can hit "edit post" or "reply with quote" on the post in which they were mentioned, and their member number will be displayed within the mention tag. so, i just hit "reply with quote" on your post above, and lady x's # is 5418.
    Oh... they were referring to member number.

Yeah, the Mention tag uses member number, although profile page URL does not.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

well omg they're not even correctly alphabetized in the member list thing? or is it l's in order of join date?
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Snap! Technologies is so amazin.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post

oh okay cool thankya! does this mean i get to pull rank some how? flex my seniority n shit?
    -Jim Morrison

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    well omg they're not even correctly alphabetized in the member list thing? or is it l's in order of join date?
    The Member List can be sorted in various ways, by clicking the button at the top of a column.

As such, you could sort it alphabetically, find your name, then sort it by join date, check which page # you're on, subtract one from that, multiple that number by 30 (we'll call this x), and then count how far you are from the top (somewhere between 1 and 30 [we'll call this y]), and then add x + y to get z (your member number). But that's a lot more of a pain in the ass than using the mention tag. :P

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    oh okay cool thankya! does this mean i get to pull rank some how? flex my seniority n shit?
    Only as long as you don't use it on the person who showed you how to figure it out.

:P