User Tag List

First 12

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    To me, that is a lot of what planning is. You are sort of 'priming' yourself and your situation for the things that you want to happen, so when an opportunity presents itself, you are ready to pounce on it at a moments notice.
    Exactly.. I think long-term thinking and long-term planning are similar. If we want to make the distinction, maybe the former is more 'loose' and the latter is more 'rigid.'

I have a hard time pulling something out of my ass at in the moment, but I can make branching plans that depend on how something is going or where it starts heading.

And, as you say, when the opportunity occurs, you jump on it.

Quote Originally Posted by jontherobot View Post
    Yeah! I miss having someone worthwhile around that I get those kinda thoughts from. Sigh.
    Yes it is a J world, isn't it?

That's not necessarily a bad thing, I think a P world would be pure chaos. But it doesn't have to stop us from contributing in our own ways right? I think for a long time I felt a lot of pressure to be more J, but the P way can be just as effective (sometimes moreso). Maybe for both Js and Ps the most important thing to learn is to have an idea of where you want to go and doing what you need to do to get there while maintaining the flexibility to deal with unforeseen events. That is my definition of effectiveness, and I think both Js and Ps can achieve it, although their methods might be slightly different.

Embrace your P haha!

Aw man sorry @EcK I'm not sure this thread is going where you intended...
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

Quote Originally Posted by bologna View Post
    Exactly.. I think long-term thinking and long-term planning are similar. If we want to make the distinction, maybe the former is more 'loose' and the latter is more 'rigid.'

I have a hard time pulling something out of my ass at in the moment, but I can make branching plans that depend on how something is going or where it starts heading.

And, as you say, when the opportunity occurs, you jump on it.
    Yes it comes down to "things I can control" and "things I cannot control".
    Your kisses, sweeter than honey. But guess what, so is my money.

WALMART

Quote Originally Posted by gromit View Post
    Yes it is a J world, isn't it?

That's not necessarily a bad thing, I think a P world would be pure chaos. But it doesn't have to stop us from contributing in our own ways right? I think for a long time I felt a lot of pressure to be more J, but the P way can be just as effective (sometimes moreso). Maybe for both Js and Ps the most important thing to learn is to have an idea of where you want to go and doing what you need to do to get there while maintaining the flexibility to deal with unforeseen events. That is my definition of effectiveness, and I think both Js and Ps can achieve it, although their methods might be slightly different.

Embrace your P haha!

Aw man sorry @EcK I'm not sure this thread is going where you intended...

Without my P-ness I would have never come to the conclusions about life that I have (or lack thereof)! I'd likely become a politician, or a member of the clergy, or some shit...

I embrace my P fully