User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w1

I don't mumble, but I don't project enough and my tongue moves faster than both my thoughts and my lips.

Then I just end up sounding like a gnat flying around a pile of dung. I'm trying to learn how to articulate, however.

Often times, when someone mumbles, I usually just assume they have the same problem or are too shy to say what they really think. Thankfully, I rarely encounter the passive-aggressive mumble. Shit's bunk, yo.

MBTI
    IsFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    If, however, they tended to always mumble, or to mumble when put on the spot, I would think they lacked social confidence in some way (like, perhaps they were awkward about making jokes, or maybe they weren't good at articulating personal thoughts/feelings, or maybe they weren't very good at speaking about intellectual topics, etc.,.)

Working on it with my speech therapist...
    Tentative typing: ISFJ 6w5 or 9w1 (Sp/S[?]).

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

I mumble to myself sometimes. I used to have a problem with it when speaking to others, but now I put in a conscious effort to be clear. I get kind of annoyed with people at times when they can't get the point across, but I'd much rather deal with a mumbler than an obnoxious loud mouth.

Banned
    MBTI
    ISTP

I think I am one of them.

And I kick myself for it.
    I have a strong baritone voice.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

I've been known to mumble. Most of the times it's more of a delay tactic. I'm not really sure of what I want to say, so when I mumble, usually the other person won't hear me well and asks again and I'll have more time to formulate an answer that I am content with.

Other times it's because I can't be arsed, am busy with something else. Don't find the topic interesting or of any importance.

I'd never go mumbling on for very long though. I'll start to annoy myself after a few seconds of mumbling and 'retake' myself.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

I have been known to mumble, or talk fast. Sometimes I stammer, mostly in Japanese though. The only thing I dislike in conversation is long drawn out monologue. Otherwise I am pretty lenient.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    I have been known to mumble, or talk fast. Sometimes I stammer, mostly in Japanese though. The only thing I dislike in conversation is long drawn out monologue. Otherwise I am pretty lenient.
    I'm not very lingual (says the guy speaking several languages >.>) but if there is one language I would like to learn it is japanese. The whole idea of three seperate alphabets intrigues me!

But listening to it and speaking it is entirely seperate, the japanese language is a very fast language. I'd probably stammer as well.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

Ginkgo

I think they are just as audible as they are attentive.

figsfiggyfigs

Weak

I work with a guy who mumbles. It doesn't bother me one bit but I tease him relentlessly for it.

It's just funny when I'll ask a question and all I'll hear back is:

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h366KNg63QU"]Mmfrackimmfrrr[/YOUTUBE]