User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    yupp

Default telling someone to get a job

I find this very rude, first of all you probably don't know the situation so STFU. second of all for all you know they could be looking and possibly have some interviews lined up. but telling someone to get a job is like telling someone to grow an extra arm its futile, because they probably know they need a job
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    INFP

Dude, prp, this economy where we live is so fucked up. It is very hard to find a job.

I remember back in 08 when I told SolitaryWalker that I was moving and was gonna get a job and he was like asking me about the job market and how I'll find a job, and I was like it's so eez to find a job, what are you saying!

Now I know what he was saying! He was up on shiz.

Don't even give those people any indication that you hear them, because you only live once, and they are no experts on life. We are all wet behind the ears.

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by disregard View Post
    Dude, prp, this economy where we live is so fucked up. It is very hard to find a job.

I remember back in 08 when I told SolitaryWalker that I was moving and was gonna get a job and he was like asking me about the job market and how I'll find a job, and I was like it's so eez to find a job, what are you saying!

Now I know what he was saying! He was up on shiz.

Don't even give those people any indication that you hear them, because you only live once, and they are no experts on life. We are all wet behind the ears.
    that's exactly my thoughts.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Where I live, it's probably ok to say it.

Because there are plenty of job offerings here where you can temporary work without much or any investments, jobs that also don't require much requirements. It might not be the job you're looking for, but it's better than sitting on your ass doing nothing until you find the job you are looking for.

That said. I would still probably say "Go and try looking for a job." Instead of "Go get a job.". I'm not so naïve to think that finding a job anywhere, anyplace is particularly easy for everyone.

I think people actively (and sincerely) trying to get a job, but due to circumstances are unable to do so, that's fine, shit happens.
    But I do expect people to at least make an effort.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    Where I live, it's probably ok to say it.

Because there are plenty of job offerings here where you can temporary work without much or any investments, jobs that also don't require much requirements. It might not be the job you're looking for, but it's better than sitting on your ass doing nothing until you find the job you are looking for.

That said. I would still probably say "Go and try looking for a job." Instead of "Go get a job.". I'm not so naïve to think that finding a job anywhere, anyplace is particularly easy for everyone.

I think people actively (and sincerely) trying to get a job, but due to circumstances are unable to do so, that's fine, shit happens.
    But I do expect people to at least make an effort.
    yeah I want to work in a kitchen, but i've applied to clothing stores, fast food, office temp work ect. things i know that i'm just gonna stay at til i find something better. but i need a spring board and job number 1 is going to be my spring board
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

right on the left wing Philosorapteuse's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Yeah, this one bugs me. It's really not that easy in this climate.
    "A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices." --William James

I'd be a card-carrying sensotard, but I can't find the goddamn card.

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

I dont know about others but I would like to go for a job of my own preferences that I consider suitable to my skills.

Unfortunately this is completely counter to the current job market and economy in my area, perhaps even my country. It's a contradiction where the only victim is going to be me.

I find the only way I can look at it is: I was born at the wrong time. But unfortunately there is nothing I can do but to 'get on with it' as ive heard in the past.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

You should just tell everyone that you do have a job, even if you don't have one. I did this while I was briefly unemployed, and it worked really well.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

garbage

We like telling others 'obvious' solutions to their problems, especially without thinking through the steps required to get to those solutions--because it makes us feel as though: we'd be able to handle whatever it is that they're going through, we're being helpful (we're not), and that everyone has complete control over their lives, which is a very comforting feeling.

So we end up doling out great advice such as,
    "Have you tried.. I don't know, getting a job?"
    "You're clinically depressed? Why don't you try being happier?"

Lay the coin on my tongue SilkRoad's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I generally would not say something like that. It is definitely tough out there and it's true that you don't mostly know all people's circumstances.

However, what does wind me up is this type of exchange: "I have no job and thus no money. Poor meeeeeeeeeeeeeee." "That's too bad, it's really tough out there. Where have you been looking? Have you registered with agencies?" "Oh don't remind me that I NEED to look for a JOB. I hate looking for work. It's so demeaning and there are no jobs of the type I want to do. And I'm an introvert so looking for work, and working, just doesn't suit me... Poor meeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. I have no money and no job." (And yeah, I have been party to these very frustrating conversations.)
    Female
    INFJ
    Enneagram 6w5 sp/sx

I DOORSLAMMING