User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI Si

My brother-in-law says this all the time to wind me up (doesn't work), so I explain it's hard to get a job nowadays, even a minimum wage one, and I'm not all that interested currently because I want to focus on studying.

But I hate it when I hear people saying how everyone on the dole isn't looking (I'm not on it, but was on it for a while during a gap year when there were absolutely no jobs anywhere in my city) - there are plenty of people looking for jobs and a minority who aren't and focusing on that minority makes it harder on the people who are actually searching.

WALMART

it's not hard to get a job. quit listening to what the media tells you. basic economic principle shows demand always rises to serve the population.

le sigh.

my sister comes on this site, she may read this some day, but geez. her INFP self seriously needs to get a job.

i'm not deleting what i've stated, though i now disagree with myself. i am blessed with being relatively capable enough to find work anywhere, be it digging ditches or what have you. i can understand why some may have reservations about working such menial tasks.

MBTI
    WEED

hey Jon! stop using me as an example to get friends on this site, alright? I never said I can't get a job- where ever did you get that idea? I don't want one yet. I am on the cusp of who I used to be and I'm trying to become.. I will be going back to school soon, this time I plan on being 100% sure with what I want to do. I was in a terrible place mentally last time I attempted school. I don't have a job right now because if I did I'd get stuck in a rut; I'd end up staying there for months then burn out and get depressed again and end up starting over. I'm very privileged to have parents who support me even though I'm not in school or working; I show my appreciation though by cooking and cleaning and helping out around the house. It's not like it's gonna be like this forever. Not everyone's situation is the same.

WALMART

Quote Originally Posted by danithepsychonaut View Post
    hey Jon! stop using me as an example to get friends on this site, alright? I never said I can't get a job- where ever did you get that idea? I don't want one right now. I am on the cusp of who I used to be and I'm trying to become.. I will be going back to school soon, this time I plan on being 100% sure with what I want to do. I was in a terrible place mentally last time I attempted school. I don't have a job right now because if I did I'd get stuck in a rut; I'd end up staying there for months then burn out and get depressed again and end up starting over. I'm very privileged to have parents who support me even though I'm not in school or working; I show my appreciation though by cooking and cleaning and helping out around the house. It's not like it's gonna be like this forever. You're one to talk though, huh, since you really have your shit together, right? Anyways, not everyone's situation is the same.

very good points.

MBTI
    WEED

Yeah cause you'd say that in real life. I'm done with this site so you can keep using me as an example if you wish, dont' worry I won't see it

WALMART

Quote Originally Posted by danithepsychonaut View Post
    Yeah cause you'd say that in real life. I'm done with this site so you can keep using me as an example if you wish, dont' worry I won't see it

you're right, i wouldn't say anything and assume everything was okay, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by jontherobot View Post
    basic economic principle shows demand always rises to serve the population.
    I've never come across a principle that stated anything of the sort during my studies.

I don't disagree with you on the subject though. Usually I believe, even in this economy, that there are jobs out there for those willing to do them. The key part of that statement is "for those willing to do them". Often times when people complain about not being able to find a job and use the economy or their environment as an excuse I find it's just fluff covering the real reason why they don't have a job. Which is ofc themselves.

This also is covered in bias because I'm making this statement based off my experience only in my local area. I'm sure there are locations in America, for example, where the economy is just terrible. However, unless you're in those local economies I don't think you should be using the economy as your number 1 reason why you don't have a job...because it's probably not the number 1 reason.

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tsumatachi_san View Post
    But I hate it when I hear people saying how everyone on the dole isn't looking (I'm not on it, but was on it for a while during a gap year when there were absolutely no jobs anywhere in my city) - there are plenty of people looking for jobs and a minority who aren't and focusing on that minority makes it harder on the people who are actually searching.
    Thanks for this.

Ive really struggled with this for a while, my own brother is vile about the fact that I dont have a job. But he never really had to search for one, my mum helped him get it and then the job involves him sitting on his arse 95% of the time watching DVD's.

Ive worked various jobs but never anything permanent and recently I walked out of a job for the first time, it was vile.

But ive actually volunteered at the Stafford Job centre and it was quite interesting to learn that most of the people desperately want a job, but have no real skills to help them, mainly young people like myself. It taught me, more than ever, the use of having such a safety net in the first place. Of course you get some people who play the system or dont really make the effort but appear to, but most really really want to do something with themselves.
    I could tell from the little signs and ticks, the urgencies I recognised in myself, that these were people no different than me and it was then that I stopped feeling guilty for being unemployed and it turned into something more positive and productive and I actually managed to get a job......at least for a short while.

But I used to think all I wanted was some small, fairly well payed job that gave me enough income to go off and pursue my interests and hobbies, however as ive got older ive suddenly realised I want something a bit more, something to work towards and achieve, but I dont know what that is.

However I remain somewhat cheerful that I may find out one day.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

MBTI
    ISTx

[YOUTUBE="sxSEW3sUitA"].[/YOUTUBE]

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

There is a thought on a slight tangent to the current topic I tend to enjoy in the morality difference if an individual has watched you for a great deal of time and understands your full grounding within life with your issues and psychological state also. Would it be wrong for the the life and psychology analyst who would have a high accuracy through assumption rate to give a command to the person in life that will almost certainly help the person?