User Tag List

Thread: What focuses your lens of attention and progress?

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Array Cellmold's Avatar

Default What focuses your lens of attention and progress?

What that title means is im asking what is it that you as an individual use to file down your perception to one particular route of attention, so that you can organise yourself to something that is more suitable?

I ask only because I am and have always been without a lens that is focused.

For me identifying an area for progress in an innumerable sea of variables is almost impossible. I look at the world ,(as well as myself), and see anything and everything, but none of it is what I wish to act upon...only to dream about and imagine.

A recent holiday taught me two important 'facts' about myself:

1) I enjoy running around or spawling on a beach doing absolutely nothing but enjoying the purity of that singular moment.

2) I have no idea what im suited for in the progression of my life.

For me a lens is important here, because it represents the tool my mind is lacking. Next must come the focus because the lens has to be used, by it's very nature, upon something internal within an individual.

When you come up against a mental insecurity or block to me this is a sign that you need to move forward beyond repeated methodologies and onto something new; to progress.

My mental block is having no idea what I wish to do in terms of a career or failing that....merely the very act of sustaining myself without the input of others on whom I currently rely. The other problem is that to set myself upon a route that might turn out to be a wasted initiative is also a great concern.
    Of all the truths that could be said to concern myself as a person, this is the only one which seems, (at least to me), to be completely self-evident and without a point of proof being required to validate it.

So what methods have you, or even others, taken to help bring about and focus the lens of internal analysis on oneself for the purpose of progress from a pit to a castle?

Even if the castle is only made of sand...nothing lasts, but for that singular moment it is immortal and can never be taken away.

So even if eventually this castle will fade and fall, washed over by the salted fluids of time; at least I can say I had a castle and it was mine.
    "An upsidedown wire heart
    Being sucked into a periscope
    Still the mind is dull
    Like you need another excuse"

… a theory is primarily a form of insight, i.e. a way of looking
    at the world, and not a form of knowledge of how the world is….
    .. all our different ways of thinking are to be considered as
    different ways of looking at the one reality, each with some
    domain in which it is clear and adequate….
    - David Bohm

we're not so different, you and i