User Tag List

First 374546474849 Last

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by YWIR View Post
    If this is what will entertain you, we should be paired up, engineer, how would you like that?? :}}

Quote Originally Posted by Riva View Post
    I get along quite well with Speed. Never really had an agreement or disagreement with Salomé and the beauty of my impish ways is that I make others tag along.
    Meh. It was just the scenario that popped into my head. I am not claiming it has any predictive validity.

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Engineer View Post
    Any ENTJ-INTJ pairing for entertainment purposes would result in the development of an unhealthy obsession between the two, followed by the hatching of horrendous plans, followed shortly thereafter by the destruction of nigh-everything in the surrounding five-block radius once alcohol was inevitably introduced into the situation.
    Or they'd just sit around and bitch about utter nonsense.
    It's really kind of a fifty-fifty shot here, I think.

Entertaining either way, right?
    If this is what will entertain you, we should be paired up, engineer, how would you like that?? :}}
    *pouts*

Aww. I wanna play, too!!

You could handle the two of us at once, couldn't you, Engie?
    And so long as you haven’t experienced this: to die and so to grow,
    you are only a troubled guest on the dark earth

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Wind-Up Rex View Post
    *pouts*

Aww. I wanna play, too!!

You could handle the two of us at once, couldn't you, Engie?
    It begins...

And sure I can! ENTJs are the best. My buddy at college is an ENTJ and shit like I described earlier happens to us all the time. We just need it filmed!

For example, we once spent an entire night writing "Ninja" and "Pirate" on the back of every car on campus with auto markers. We got about 600 cars before the campus police caught us.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ego Reparate; Ob Me Non Deficiat.
    INTJ - RCOEI - sx/sp/so - Tritype: 683 (6w5-8w9-3w4) - True Neutral
    "Yeah, wisdom always chooses/These black eyes and these bruises"
    "Over the heartache that they say/Never completely goes away..."

Tempbanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/so

Sadly, Marm, part of me, and a reasonably wise part, has told me to just not post this, because it's just not worth it, but another part of me (both of which are discussed below), sees things differently. It thinks that truth-telling is important, and that truth-telling can shine a light on things that need light to be shined on them, and, as a result, potentially help in leading something to eventually become better. In general, though, it's not worth the time, ime; my life doesn't and shouldn't revolve around writing calm, centered posts addressing the problems with your behavior. I see the problems all the time, unfortunately, as this is a public forum, and you have more posts than just about anybody, and, as such, it's hard to avoid them (I do not, by principle, use the ignore function). I usually just find it it's better to ignore you, cuz I don't have enough time in my day to try and make calm, centered posts to you. But I think, considering where I'm at (already likely walking away from the forum), and considering I'd already done so for a couple weeks, and came back and wasted my time in this ultimately worthless thread, which is exactly the kind of reason why I don't want to spend much time here anymore, I figure I'll put these thoughts down, finally, cuz I've just let them slide by for the last however many months, trying to do the good, healthy, integrating-into-enneagram-9 thing, but, frankly, the other part of me, the part that wants to call things what they are, deserves to be aired, if I can manage to do so in, as you describe below, a calm, centered, more spiritually/psychologically/emotionally awake manner.

[one last piece of exposition: the above was actually the last thing I wrote in this post, and what was written below was not written in the order in which it's presented, so my level of centeredness may not seem even or steady in what follows, and will probably actually appear somewhat disjointed... it is what it is]

Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    Not necessarily. I do agree a certain amount of internal focus is good, not because of emotional repression, but because of centering. That way you don't allow the other person to harm you in any way; on the other hand, remaining too detached is actually a form of denial, and it can lead to unconscious behaviors that aren't any healthier than hitting people when you're mad. You might not be hitting anyone, but you could have other serious issues in relationships.

Sometimes if people are too calm when someone is upset, it's not because you're actually so calm and centered, it's because you're being condescending...and yes, that does upset other people.

I've done reading on this behavior in relationships, and it's actually relatively a small part of the population who are mature/healthy enough that they're always acting out of true benevolent detachment and inward centering, and it's actually most people who react emotionally...or who are actually being cold, condescending, closed off, and repressing their emotions, etc. There's a difference from not reacting but still remaining open and warm toward other humans, and not reacting because you think you're so in control that you presume that you're better or that you repress your own feelings, etc.

There comes a point where detachment is not healthy, and it's invalidating to the other person.

So I do agree with the broad concept, of remaining inwardly centered, but I don't necessarily agree that most people do it from a place of true spiritual or emotional maturity; and the place it comes from will affect how you speak to the other person, and yes that may make them behave more emotionally.

I also never said two wrongs make a right...
    I actually liked this post.

I 've practiced yoga for a long time (7-8 yrs), and would probably be close to the equivalent of a black belt, if there were such a thing, and have started studying Eastern philosophy in part because of it (Hinduism, Taoism, Buddhism, yoga, and tantra, primarily), and, while I have an initial reaction in defense of what Coriolis said, I can't help but agree with most of what you've said about emotional/spiritual centeredness. The initial reaction, though, I believe, holds some truth, too, because it takes into account that we are not all the same, and we still must be true to who we are as individuals.

This is where things like MBTI and the enneagram come into play. You and me, we're either 683s or 684s. That is a highly reactionary tritype. It has a hard time biting its tongue. And, as a result, in some ways, I would expect these tritype's path towards centeredness to be more difficult than some other tritypes; either that, or I would expect their centeredness to contain a different quality than the centeredness of some others (for example, a 952). Actually, both things might be true...

And in that vein, I don't know if all types would have the same behaviors if they do find centeredness, and, as such, I don't know if they would all have the same (in the case you explore, calming) effects on people. Some people are naturally more calming, even if they aren't particularly spiritually evolved. Sometimes their calmingness might even be a sign of unhealth, like in an unhealthy 9 who will try to keep things calm at any expense, even if some other kind of action is actually what is necessary.

Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe it's just reactionary defense.

Regardless, I do think people who are centered will tend to be more calming than they would be if they were not centered, regardless of their type. I just don't know if each type will have the same levels of all things, calmingness being one of them, when they do find equivalent levels of centeredness.

however, I like that I can admit when I'm being irrational, I don't march around pretending like when I'm acting like a two year old that I'm rational and superior.
    I don't think you're aware of these times far as often as they happen, and I think you accuse far too many people who are actually being rational of not being rational. You seem to get a pleasure out of it, or have a need for it, like you want people to be irrational, in order to justify your own irrationality. This is a long-standing thing I've observed in you. I find it a very particular negative personality trait of yours, and I find it extremely obnoxious, as it drives you to call people who are actually being pretty rational irrational, when a fair assessment of the situation would show that you are the one being far less rational (and, in all honesty, this really has very little do with you ever having done this to me; the vast majority [at least 90%] of the times I've had this thought it's when you're doing it to other people, accusing them of being irrational when I really don't think they are). It starts this absurd (and highly irrational) game of "I'm rubber, you're glue", and I think you're often in the wrong, but you (falsely) accuse others of being in the wrong (i.e., irrational).

A la what Nicodemus said, and what someone else said recently: often times the most rational course of action with you is just to leave you alone, because, otherwise, you just start pulling people down into this kind of irrational game, and merely to engage in this game with you is to make their behavior more irrational. That's been the choice I've made pretty much since you've come back, and it's worked out fine for me. This is pretty much the one time I've engaged with you (aside maybe from a rep here or there), and, lo and behold, I've found it more-or-less a complete waste of time, other than to recognize what not to do, and to remember to leave you, and people like you, alone.

I understand that this may seem like the most negative part of my post, but, tbh, it was not written with any sort of malice. That, imo, is where the balance between your true nature and the centeredness comes in: when one has removed malice from the equation, and is genuinely calm and centered, one can then act according to the urgings of one's true nature.

At times, that fire that seems to be inherent to people of our tritype does still seem to be useful, beneficial, and necessary. But perhaps it needs to be calmed down much of the time, when it would be wiser to take a less intense, less reactionary approach.

I actually want to address this specifically catered to NTs, as a matter of fact ...a very good friend of mine is DEFINITELY an ENTP. If he is stressed out, like really rock bottom sick and under stress, his defense mechanisms are those of any immature Ti user I've had issues with on-line (for example, my Fi emotional expressions may suddenly seem like bullshit to him) ...but it is EXCEEDINGLY RARE for him to act like that. While many NTs and ISTPs on-line act as if it is "normal" for all Ti users to act this way, it can't be right because I've noticed on-line some more ...er...evolved ones. I won't name names, but clearly there ARE more mature NTs and more mature xSTPs, and no, they don't *all* have to act that way, it just means they're immature or unhealthy or stressed out.
    Finding your behavior to be bullshit is not necessarily a sign of immaturity or unhealth or stress; perhaps, at times, your behavior really just is bullshit, and they're just seeing it for how it is.

People like that are inspiration to me to build my own inner centeredness. I am fully aware, though, that I am not there yet.
    How far do you think you are from that goal?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by 5231311252 View Post
    @SmileyMan
    Marmie (whatever the fuck she's calling herself now)
    @Edgar
    @The Great One
    @CzeCze
    @Jennifer (for the lulz)
    Nice. I think I'd be quite the interesting cast member.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

@EffEmDoubleyou

You should have another team with me, @marmiedearest, and @Halla74. That would be a very interesting team.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    Nice. I think I'd be quite the interesting cast member.
    Definitely the most modest.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Definitely the most modest.
    I think I'd be the Kramer of the TV show really.

figsfiggyfigs

We should have a show with just marm in it <3 :c