User Tag List

Page 45 of 51 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast

Thread: Type C Reality Show

Klingon Warrior Princess Array Patches's Avatar
    6w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post
    Why is there no smiley rubbing its hands together?
    I think people generally go for the smiley to get that malicious, plotting look.
    “Everybody has a secret world inside of them. All of the people of the world, I mean everybody. No matter how dull and boring they are on the outside, inside
    them they've all got unimaginable, magnificent, wonderful, stupid, amazing worlds. Not just one world. Hundreds of them. Thousands maybe.” -Neil Gaiman

I realize it is a little misleading but :excellent: should be that smiley too.

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

1w2 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by ygolo View Post
    I realize it is a little misleading but :excellent: should be that smiley too.
    That's the one I was thinking of!

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    That would be @EffEmDoubleyou (I smell a sitcom!!!)

AND the lady behind the curtain @fidelia aka Evil Genius. I bet she's eating buttered gluten-free popcorn and screaming, "Dance, puppets, dance!" as we speak. Like this -->
    Genius...or madness?
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

6w7 sx
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    Sometimes the more I am able to keep my cool in such a situation, the more upset and emotionally out of control the other person becomes. This is their problem.
    I actually want to address this specifically catered to NTs, as a matter of fact ...a very good friend of mine is DEFINITELY an ENTP. If he is stressed out, like really rock bottom sick and under stress, his defense mechanisms are those of any immature Ti user I've had issues with on-line (for example, my Fi emotional expressions may suddenly seem like bullshit to him) ...but it is EXCEEDINGLY RARE for him to act like that. While many NTs and ISTPs on-line act as if it is "normal" for all Ti users to act this way, it can't be right because I've noticed on-line some more ones. I won't name names, but clearly there ARE more mature NTs and more mature xSTPs, and no, they don't *all* have to act that way, it just means they're immature or unhealthy or stressed out. ENTP friend is definitely an xNTP personality. His communication style is largely impersonal, but friendly, unlike his warmer, more charming and effusive INFJ girlfriend who also has excellent social skills.

The thing is, this ENTP has a black belt in one of the martial arts and studies Eastern philosophy. When he speaks softly, other people lower their voice too. When he acts calmly, other people center too, and don't get "more upset." He isn't your garden-variety immature ENTP who is like "oh y u butthurt." He's a truly spiritually evolved individual, and he's clearly at least 80 percent of the time TRULY CENTERED to the point that it has a positive impact on the people around him, even the most "irrational" people. You can feel that he's not judging you. He's not being condescending. He really is centered.

Sooo...I wanted to point out the difference, and the difference is not only something that NFs or Fs in general can haz. NTs and other Ts can be centered too. I've seen an ISTP Buddhist nun on a video for pete's sake.

No, all emo people do not get upset because you are calm. Something is off in your supposed "calmness" which is probably actually an egotistical offshoot of the mind, not true calm centering, which would make other people actually feel at ease.

My ENTP friend is not a saint, but he's the coolest fucking NT I think I've ever met ...though I have known a few. He's even pissed me off once, but it was because he was under a tremendous amount of stress.

People like that are inspiration to me to build my own inner centeredness. I am fully aware, though, that I am not there yet.
    "Sentiment without action is the ruin of the soul." - Edward Abbey

SEE-Fi /Gamma

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Array Cellmold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chana View Post
    i can't even imagine an all INTJ reality show. who would watch it? it goes against nature.
    Trust me it wouldn't be worth the watch. It would be sooooo boring. INTJ's are interesting inside their heads and more so if you can get that to come out, but the majority will probably keep it locked away for those who are either deserving of it or those who deserve it. And yes one is a reward and the other is a punishment.

Also Marm and Nico have reminded me of something I read a while back that ive always thought a point worth making:

But arent feeling types motivated by what they FEEL?

Of course, everyone is. The point, however, is that our functions are mental processes. They operate separately from our emotional system. When we use a function often enough, we're emotionally invested in the choices it encourages, but this is true of all functions, and it's not the same thing as acting directly on what we feel.
    Now just because I read it and it was in a book doesn't make it right. But I believe that makes more sense than some of the deflective and defensive nonsense ive heard from both T AND F types over the years.

The point is about rationality and what it actually means. What it most definitely does not mean is: "Whatever I presume to be the best method because it looks the best".
    "An upsidedown wire heart
    Being sucked into a periscope
    Still the mind is dull
    Like you need another excuse"

… a theory is primarily a form of insight, i.e. a way of looking
    at the world, and not a form of knowledge of how the world is….
    .. all our different ways of thinking are to be considered as
    different ways of looking at the one reality, each with some
    domain in which it is clear and adequate….
    - David Bohm

Quote Originally Posted by YWIR View Post
    People need to stop grouping me with smileyman, or others for that reason. I'm competitive; everyone is in the same little corner. Besides, Salome hates that guy, and would light him on fire as he sleeps. I'll watch and high five her, then light speed gavroche on fire next.
    Riva will attempt to seduce oaky, but will only fail and creep oaky out, thus unintentionally sending him in the arms of ShortnSweet.
    Kidnap shorts, and lure oaky into a trap, removing both of them out of the picture.
    Salome and I are left. This one scares me.
    My show is not a deathmatch, you blood-thirsty shrew.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    My show is not a deathmatch, you blood-thirsty shrew.
    Hey man, camera's gotta roll.

Anyway, marm would hog all the airtime with a vlog that viewers would quote like liberals quoted George W.

Quote Originally Posted by Ginkgo View Post
    Hey man, camera's gotta roll.
    We have sex and fights. That ought to be enough for a reality show.

Tempbanned Array

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    We have sex and fights. That ought to be enough for a reality show.
    You need some death though nowdays