User Tag List

First 344243444546 Last

figsfiggyfigs

Quote Originally Posted by ygolo View Post
    Admit it, you just want to see SmileyMan and Riva creep the others out.

The dynamics I imagined in this scenario were:
    1) SmileyMan and YWIR co-captaining some team till they back-stab each other to attempt to win whatever game this reality show has.
    2) Riva constantly getting into fights with Salomé and Speed Gavroche for his impish ways
    3) Oakysage and shortnsweet being very pleasant with everyone and never being voted off. They may amicably decide to call it a draw at the end.
    People need to stop grouping me with smileyman, or others for that reason. I'm competitive; everyone is in the same little corner. Besides, Salome hates that guy, and would light him on fire as he sleeps. I'll watch and high five her, then light speed gavroche on fire next.
    Riva will attempt to seduce oaky, but will only fail and creep oaky out, thus unintentionally sending him in the arms of ShortnSweet.
    Kidnap shorts, and lure oaky into a trap, removing both of them out of the picture.
    Salome and I are left. This one scares me.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    I didn't say anything about emotional repression. At most, my comments would suggest judicious expression of emotions, plus not letting them control one's actions or decisions. "The first person comes out ahead" means only that they will suffer least in the kind of encounter I described. Often, they are lose/lose propositions, and no one wins. The idea of "winning" in a broader sense presumes that life is a zero-sum-game, which I do not accept. Someone can get ahead by making more for themselves without it being at the expense of others.

Who are "they"?? Skills do improve with use, so T preference should correlate to some degree with T-related skill, but it is far from absolute. Yes, if a T (or anyone) behaves as you describe, they are being irrational, but if you let it get to you, you are being irrational also. Sort of like two wrongs don't make a right. Things just deteriorate from there. I have observed an interesting phenomenon, though. Sometimes the more I am able to keep my cool in such a situation, the more upset and emotionally out of control the other person becomes. This is their problem.
    Not necessarily. I do agree a certain amount of internal focus is good, not because of emotional repression, but because of centering. That way you don't allow the other person to harm you in any way; on the other hand, remaining too detached is actually a form of denial, and it can lead to unconscious behaviors that aren't any healthier than hitting people when you're mad. You might not be hitting anyone, but you could have other serious issues in relationships.

Sometimes if people are too calm when someone is upset, it's not because you're actually so calm and centered, it's because you're being condescending...and yes, that does upset other people.

I've done reading on this behavior in relationships, and it's actually relatively a small part of the population who are mature/healthy enough that they're always acting out of true benevolent detachment and inward centering, and it's actually most people who react emotionally...or who are actually being cold, condescending, closed off, and repressing their emotions, etc. There's a difference from not reacting but still remaining open and warm toward other humans, and not reacting because you think you're so in control that you presume that you're better or that you repress your own feelings, etc.

There comes a point where detachment is not healthy, and it's invalidating to the other person.

So I do agree with the broad concept, of remaining inwardly centered, but I don't necessarily agree that most people do it from a place of true spiritual or emotional maturity; and the place it comes from will affect how you speak to the other person, and yes that may make them behave more emotionally.

I also never said two wrongs make a right; however, I like that I can admit when I'm being irrational, I don't march around pretending like when I'm acting like a two year old that I'm rational and superior.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Rasofy View Post
    Then he gets to be the richest guy in the cemetery, isn't that awesome?
    The neighborhood is green with envy.

Actually, that's post-mortem decay. My bad.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by YWIR View Post
    If I learned anything from this thread, its that Marm and Nico should DEFINITELY be put on the same island.

*hides under a huge palm*

Ginkgo

Oaky would find the process of the show fantastic until Riva broke his tolerance capacitors, plunging him into a ravenous cyber-quest to overthrow the Shrilankan government. Or tribe. Whatever they use there.

Quote Originally Posted by YWIR View Post
    People need to stop grouping me with smileyman, or others for that reason. I'm competitive; everyone is in the same little corner. Besides, Salome hates that guy, and would light him on fire as he sleeps. I'll watch and high five her, then light speed gavroche on fire next.
    Riva will attempt to seduce oaky, but will only fail and creep oaky out, thus unintentionally sending him in the arms of ShortnSweet.
    Kidnap shorts, and lure oaky into a trap, removing both of them out of the picture.
    Salome and I are left. This one scares me.
    That's an entertaining scenario. I didn't see a pyromania stuff coming. A very interesting twist.

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

MBTI
    GONE

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    LOLOL they proved that their team was in fact the most dysfunctional.

Great pick, whoever did that!
    That would be @EffEmDoubleyou (I smell a sitcom!!!)

AND the lady behind the curtain @fidelia aka Evil Genius. I bet she's eating buttered gluten-free popcorn and screaming, "Dance, puppets, dance!" as we speak. Like this -->
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

That is exactly what Fidelia is like!
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

Isn't @EffEmDoubleyou in the business? (show business, I mean).

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

Why is there no smiley rubbing its hands together?