User Tag List

First 334142434445 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    "The first person comes out ahead" meaning you say that people who remain coolly detached win. That's what that means to me. And this is why I reference Charlie Sheen:

I don't think emotional repression is the hallmark of excellence, sorry to disappoint.
    I didn't say anything about emotional repression. At most, my comments would suggest judicious expression of emotions, plus not letting them control one's actions or decisions. "The first person comes out ahead" means only that they will suffer least in the kind of encounter I described. Often, they are lose/lose propositions, and no one wins. The idea of "winning" in a broader sense presumes that life is a zero-sum-game, which I do not accept. Someone can get ahead by making more for themselves without it being at the expense of others.

Yes and I think sometimes in interactions with certain people they actually are not being rational, but are actually very emotionally driven into what they are doing, and they still want to call themselves rational.

They want to make things personal and express their inner rage, hate, shame, dislike, disappointment in the most childish way possible...and then tell you you're being irrational if you are upset by it.

It's not actually rational. It's a disease I've noticed mostly in young INTx, but not exclusively.

It's like mistaking the fact that you usually prefer your T function to mean that you're always actually acting or thinking rationally.
    Who are "they"?? Skills do improve with use, so T preference should correlate to some degree with T-related skill, but it is far from absolute. Yes, if a T (or anyone) behaves as you describe, they are being irrational, but if you let it get to you, you are being irrational also. Sort of like two wrongs don't make a right. Things just deteriorate from there. I have observed an interesting phenomenon, though. Sometimes the more I am able to keep my cool in such a situation, the more upset and emotionally out of control the other person becomes. This is their problem.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

Anew Leaf

Quote Originally Posted by CzeCze View Post
    Actually I think @fidelia is an evil genius. Dang Fidelia, or should I say Kaiser Soze?!?!

MAGICAL MYSTERY MUSHROOM CARPET RIDE

Okay, so you're doing a spin-off that's coo'. My agent said I'm better suited for sitcoms, anyway.

Ah, there you are ISTP! Have you been foraging for us? Did you hear Saturned got a spin-off?
    My spin off will have its own spin off I imagine.

Each episode shall be devoted to a moment within that scrap of a moment and allow that moment to expand exponentially like liquid water spreading its wings against the plastic walls of an ice cube tray and from there I shall see the entire world laying before me like a tiny droplet of earth spun in darkness as the space ant chomps upon the jam with sharp prong teeth and a desire to consume More than a moment which will simply pass again like a breath sighing into another moment.

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    I didn't say anything about emotional repression. At most, my comments would suggest judicious expression of emotions, plus not letting them control one's actions or decisions. "The first person comes out ahead" means only that they will suffer least in the kind of encounter I described. Often, they are lose/lose propositions, and no one wins. The idea of "winning" in a broader sense presumes that life is a zero-sum-game, which I do not accept. Someone can get ahead by making more for themselves without it being at the expense of others.
    [YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Euu9Ty-5NZA"][/YOUTUBE]

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    853 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Kalach View Post
    Well, I've died a few times on this show already so i feel free to suggest all this International Jersey Shore shouting should be moved to that prissy beach island show and get Survivor on their bikini asses. (I don't even want to know why Disco is wearing a bikini).

We shall call it..... Lord of the Fi's.
    Oh no you don't.

If you want to come and hang out, you're more than welcome, but don't fuck up our non-ratings with the bullshit and machinations of the INTJ Handsome Lads Brigade.
    And so long as you haven’t experienced this: to die and so to grow,
    you are only a troubled guest on the dark earth

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Wind-Up Rex View Post
    Oh no you don't.

If you want to come and hang out, you're more than welcome, but don't fuck up our non-ratings with the bullshit and machinations of the INTJ Handsome Lads Brigade.
    i can't even imagine an all INTJ reality show. who would watch it? it goes against nature.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

lol no...not hiding anything...you said winning is life, and I said so he with the most toys when he dies wins even though he's dead? (Because winning is life?)
    Then he gets to be the richest guy in the cemetery, isn't that awesome?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by chana View Post
    i can't even imagine an all INTJ reality show. who would watch it? it goes against nature.
    Yes, in some ways, it might be considered a contradiction in terms. You might learn something, though.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

figsfiggyfigs

If I learned anything from this thread, its that Marm and Nico should DEFINITELY be put on the same island.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by YWIR View Post
    If I learned anything from this thread, its that Marm and Nico should DEFINITELY be put on the same island.
    LOLOL they proved that their team was in fact the most dysfunctional.

Great pick, whoever did that!
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness