User Tag List

First 17252627282937 Last

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by EffEmDoubleyou View Post
    I hate the Big Brother or Bachelor types that are more driven by celebrities or wannabe celebrities, but I enjoy a lot of the ones that involve competition that demands actual skills. I like Top Chef a lot.
    Top Chef isn't categorized as Reality TV. It's categorized as sports.

Ginkgo

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    Who needs reality TV when there's . . . reality. Just watching the dynamics in ordinary groupings of people (work, school, neighborhood, etc.) can be entertaining enough, even before we start tweaking the dominos ourselves.
    I could make the argument that the presence of the camera tweaks the nature of the observation, but all it takes is a keen observer who knows where to go to produce the same results. The audience always participates, but the author certainly isn't dead.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathustra View Post
    I was an all-star center fielder on a city championship team, and the next year we won the state (i.e., California) championship.

Marm's head would make a much easier target than a baseball moving 80mph.
    Do you realize this is all imaginary? So it's a game you've created in your head with your own rules. There's no guarenteeing that any one would agree to what you think is right (for example your threesome scenario).

In fact, the fact that you are so intent on having me gone first (where as I simply said that you should not be so foolish as to overestimate yourself, especially when you spend so much time blathering about your accomplishments and plans for sex...which actually, in reality, would make you A SUPER EASY TARGET....if not for me, say for Edgar, Kalach, AF or YWIR...in fact especially AF or YWIR since you probably mistakenly think she'd let you live just so she could fornicate with you) says that in truth you find me to be some kind of formidable enemy or opponent in either my self or my life philosophy.

I bet you're great at Dungeons and Dragons. Just try not to kill yourself.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Some people seem to be of the opinion that there is no other kind, and also overestimate the subtlety of their writing.

Some people overestimate their ability to read into what other people write. Perhaps it's because they inwardly know they're one of the arrogant ones; why else even respond?

Not sure you would be quick enough with the oar, but no self-respecting INTJ would actually drink something offered in this situation. At worst, a temporary stalemate.
    Don't be absurd. The entire water supply has been contaminated, I didn't offer him a drink, and anyone who drinks dies, and if you don't drink you die of dehydration.

Luckily I have this coconut here.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Nicodemus View Post
    It is a competition against other teams. What I suggested is merely a means to improve our competitiveness. We need you to take one for the team.
    No, that's not how it works; the person who made the post clearly and specifically designed teams where he thought there would be inward strife. Any one who knows anything about teamwork understands there is no "I" in team; so if you guys race, drunkenly, to the finish line without me, you're disqualified on grounds of abandoning a teammate without reason.

Another team wins. I get rescued from the island, and laugh at your low EQs.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Do you have anything more suitable for this forum? (i.e., much smaller?)
    A decent digital caliper has a resolution of 5 microns. That should be adequate. It can measure inner diameters with this resolution as well.

Quote Originally Posted by HelenOfTroy View Post
    And less ouchy.
    That all depends on how good your measurement technique is.

Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    I bet you're great at Dungeons and Dragons. Just try not to kill yourself.
    I can't speak for Z, but DMs have found me at times frustratingly creative about it. I leave player character demise to them, though.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    xxTP

I have no idea what anything in this thread means, it's like reading some lunatics murderous rants in a foreign language. I get this same creeped out feeling when I watch alex jones.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

@Coriolis

That wasn't a compliment.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Some people overestimate their ability to read into what other people write. Perhaps it's because they inwardly know they're one of the arrogant ones; why else even respond?
    One person's confident is another's arrogant. I judge myself by my results, not the labels others occasionally apply to me. Other INTJs may differ. When a statement lends itself to multiple interpretations, I will choose the one more favorable, or at least more likely to generate an amusing response.

Don't be absurd. The entire water supply has been contaminated, I didn't offer him a drink, and anyone who drinks dies, and if you don't drink you die of dehydration.

Luckily I have this coconut here.
    Dude, I already poisoned your drink while you were talking.
    Ah - rewriting the scenario because you don't like the direction things are taking. It is good this is all just imaginary.

(I had a colleague like that. He travelled to Canada in the winter, without cold weather gear. Then he went to a weeklong conference without so much as a dollar in his pocket. I told him to stick to D&D.)

@Coriolis

That wasn't a compliment.
    A compliment, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

A decent digital caliper has a resolution of 5 microns. That should be adequate. It can measure inner diameters with this resolution as well.
    I suppose that will suffice, even with the unnecessary length.

Quote Originally Posted by MGC32 View Post
    I have no idea what anything in this thread means, it's like reading some lunatics murderous rants in a foreign language. I get this same creeped out feeling when I watch alex jones.
    I now feel that today was worth living. Thank you!
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft