• I used to play tabletop rpg(s) regularly

4 21.05%
  • I've tried tabletop rpg(s)

7 36.84%
  • I've never tried tabletop rpg(s)

2 10.53%
First 123

Quote Originally Posted by Laurie View Post
    Would you break up with someone because of the color they play in monopoly??
    I'd break up with someone if they insisted on using the wheelbarrow. Can't stand how that always falls over.

MBTI
    INFJ

Your game depends on your GM (game master) and players. You can do whatever you want. The GM usually has stuff prepared for where you said you were going at the end of the last session. There is often an overarching story too. In RL someone doing a quest is influenced by external factors too.
    What's really funny is when the GM hits a story bottleneck and they don't want to just spoil it, but the players want to run off and do something else. There's quite a lot of room for tomfoolery there.

"You really need to get on that train" (implying "that's what I have story for")
    And they go "But I don't wanna!"

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Seriously. Pens? How do you erase?
    Oh, it's just a phrase. We use pencil usually. But you know that.

Although nowadays a lot of people have electronic character sheets, so you just update online and reprint. I likes mine to be puuuuuurty.

Quote Originally Posted by sprinkles View Post
    What's really funny is when the GM hits a story bottleneck and they don't want to just spoil it, but the players want to run off and do something else. There's quite a lot of room for tomfoolery there.

"You really need to get on that train" (implying "that's what I have story for")
    And they go "But I don't wanna!"
    Gawd, I felt so bad for the guy GM'ing for the last two months at the group I joined. He was a first-time GM and I'm pretty sure he's a rigid ISTJ and rules maven... and the rest of the group just would not fall into line and follow the cattle chute he kept trying to shove us into.

(In this case, instead of deciding to take the job the elves wanted -- wiping out some nearby goblins -- the elves were kind of obnoxious to us, so we decided to check with the goblins to see if they would pay us more to wipe out the elves instead. Mercenary work at its most cutthroat, highest bidder wins. We basically tried to start a three-way war among the goblin tribes, to get money from the elves, while meanwhile trying to stage it so the elves looked responsible and helping the goblins wipe them out. ha!)

TBH, it's the reason I kept going. I thought it more interesting to not do what was expected... so my estimation of the players went up.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

The DM im playing with has a whole world and has pages written up on each area. It has a huge back history. Apparently he includes things in the history that any adventure group does.

He also uses our characters abilities and had someone speak orcish since I know it. Our back stories are also very important and are used in the story. (that doesn't always happen)

It's fun!

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

The DM im playing with has a whole world and has pages written up on each area. It has a huge back history. Apparently he includes things in the history that any adventure group does.

He also uses our characters abilities and had someone speak orcish since I know it. Our back stories are also very important and are used in the story. (that doesn't always happen)

It's fun!
    Yeah, that's cool. And at some point the story writes itself, hopefully.

I kind of "backwrote" parts of my backstory based on stuff happening in our campaign, and then the GM took that and changed what he is doing to accommodate the potential threads there. it's kind of like a shared story, I think it's cool to watch it create itself.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    estj
    Enneagram
    378 sx/so
    Socionics
    esfp

No. VtM is its own very creepy subculture and attracts a lot of weirdos who are not so secretly into expressing very particular kinks. The closest comparison I could think of is how a chick might lose a boner for a dude if she found out he was a gangrel rather than a merkhet similar to how if a dude was say istj rather than intj an enfp might lose interest

Protip: daevas are the esfps of VtM and WtF attracts a lot of furries.
    For all that we have done, as a civilization, as individuals, the universe is not stable, and nor is any single thing within it. Stars consume themselves, the universe itself rushes apart, and we ourselves are composed of matter in constant flux. Colonies of cells in temporary alliance, replicating and decaying and housed within, an incandescent cloud of electrical impulses. This is reality, this is self knowledge, and the perception of it will, of course, make you dizzy.